Used 2009 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews - 182 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Flex

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Can't drive with the windows open
By Moe

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love my FLEX, this car is great! I had a few issues that they had to change brakes, pads, rotors but that is all worked out. The center console is a little dark as well as the key-hole in the steering column. My BIGGEST complaint is that I can't drive with my windows open because you get a very annoying sound that is loud and hurts your ears. I tried my windows in different positions and no help! I had this on my vette but they came up with a solution.

Love the ride, smooth! Pretty good mileage.

Fix the "riding w/ window open" situation. Truly annoying and work on some more lighting in the console.

Brakes: problems with front
By szudejko

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this Flex from Ganley Ford in Ohio in May 2009. Like it very much, good ride,MPG on highway is in the middle 20's. One problem was the front brake, it sounded like it was intermittently scraping. That (GANLEY FORD) replaced front brakes at 6000 miles free. Still had the sound so back to the service department and another road test with the Tech. We determined it wasn't the actual brake but the mounting system holding the pads...new parts we ordered and upon their arrival they were installed. No more problems. This is a great family highway cruiser and we have traveled to over 35 States with the grand-kids and friends very comfortably. I love the LTD's 6 way driver's seat.

GPS is standard on the model and wife sync's her phone which a big plus. Love the Sirius radio and jukebox system

Would like a bit more horsepower for a towing package option.

Disappointing
By Discouraged

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm very upset with this car and the way I've been treated since buying it! I've had the car in the shop 4 times since purchased (but could have taken it in many more times). I purchase new cars for the safety and reliability that comes with it. Unfortunately, the car has neither! I've had it in for brakes, transmission, radio, sync system & various other issues. I don't have the time to continuously take a brand new car in weekly. Now they are saying that my problems are not reproducible and oh well. I had a Honda(no problems) previously and bought American to support our Country just for the dealer to say oh well deal with it! I don't understand what happened to quality & customer service?

Quality of seats are nice. Other than that everything has fallen apart. Therefore, as far as the safety of my kids NOTHING is a favorite!

EVERYTHING including customer service and standing behind the quality of your cars!

Very surprised!
By Luke

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have purchased Toyotas, Hondas and Nissans during the past several years, but never one from the "big three". In fact, I never even looked at their models until we needed a new family hauler. My wife wanted the Flex and I tried to show her every model Toyota or Honda had to offer before we headed to a Ford dealership. I hated the idea of buying a Ford until I test drove the Flex. It has been superb so far and knocks the socks off of my Nissan. I wish I was the one driving it everyday. My only complaint is the gas mileage, I wish it were a bit better. I will definitely keep an eye on Ford when the times comes to purchase another car.

Ford Sync, AWD, dual-headrest DVD players

Gas mileage (better mpg)

Does many things well
By basswood

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Flex is very comfortable, easy to drive. Mine has no telescoping wheel, so I can't give myself all the leg room I would like to have. Excellent choice for tall people anyway. It is quiet and smooth on all surfaces. Good pickup when you need it. Mileage is surprisingly good. Mine is getting better;about 19mpg around suburbs!

I find this car easy to get in and out of. Mileage has been better than expected (actually calculated to be 19.1 on last tankful. Love the red color.

Access to console is terrible. It is very dark inside it, and its location puts it almost behind your right elbow.Needs a light inside and better placement. Glove box is also small. For a large car, there is little storage room in the front seat area. (for me) A back up camera would be great! (onSE)