Used 2009 Ford Flex SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Great Car for Families
By M Solfronk

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love our SE equipped with Sync and self folding 2nd row chairs. The ride is fluid and the gas mileage is reasonable for the size of the vehicle. The interior is very nice and the Sync system worked as advertised. Front and Second Row legroom is expansive and I've even sat in the third row myself. Its a little more tight but you can usefully carry around adults back there for longer stretches. The steering wheel needs to telescope for my 6'3" frame. Other than that I highly recommend reviewing.

Favorite Features

Sync, Interior and Exterior Looks. Storage room behind 3rd row is great design.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping Steering Wheel.

Never thought I'd own a Ford
By Lovin' my Flex

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I wasn't convinced on Ford cars/trucks or SUVs so I did my homework and Ford is comparable to Toyota and Honda as far as reliability. I love how the style is unique and different. I get excited knowing there aren't that many of them on the road. We took a road trip the day after purchasing the Flex and it was so much fun discovering all the cool things the car has to offer. It is a lot of fun to drive and it's great that my husband wants to drive my car now!

Favorite Features

We are in love with the Sync feature. I didn't even realize this kind of technology was available. The DVD player is also a must have for the kids. Everything is so easy to use from the cruise control to dual climate control to the Sync. It's awesome!

Suggested Improvements

It would be great if the rear seat could fold forward so the kids could easily hop in from the back hatch to the back seat.

Real Solid Vehicle
By JLC

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

With two young kids and a few more nieces/nephews we can carry/haul all we really want to with this car. So far the car has been a delight to own. We feel very safe riding/driving in it. I'd recommend (with one stipulation - see improvements) it to anyone. All-in-all though it really is a good solid vehicle.

Favorite Features

The ride is great. It is very quiet & comfortable. The visibility is excellent. Sync is a really nice feature to have. I love all the hands-free features. Very spacious interior. Nice turning radius.

Suggested Improvements

I'd love to say there were known. Unfortunately, the reason I scored it a 7 in performance is because I'd like to have a little more power in reserve and the winter (snow primarily) driving performance of the FWD system is very poor versus other FWD & RWD vehicles I have owned/leased.

Merry Christmas to Me
By clteach1

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. My husband and I were Christmas shopping and stopped to test drive a Flex just for the heck of it. We had no intention of buying one. We were just very curious as it looked so different. We were immediately sold. It is so comfortable. We had a Christmas trip planned from NH to Kentucky with our 5 kids and were a little leary of making such a trip in an unfamiliar car. It turned out to be our best trip ever. The kids didn't complain once and driving it was such a pleasure. It certainly made a 27 hour trip a lot less stressful. I think this was my best Christmas present ever.

Favorite Features

Love the Sync, the roomy interior, and the stylish exterior.

Suggested Improvements

No complaints so far.

First American Car
By brian numkena

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first American Car (I bought Nissan and Toyota in past), so I hope the quality is better than my parent's Grand AM (ruined my view of American Cars). The Flex rides smooth, looks nice and manuavers the road well. So far I average about 23 MPG, a disappointment comming from driving a Scion XB at 28 MPG. I bought for more room and safety issues when driving from Arizona to Californa. I have to say it is impressive, but then again I like to buy the base models because I don't want to pay for repairs of the electronics if they break. I hope my Ford Flex lives up to the quality standards Ford has been claiming. If it doesn't then this will be the first and last American car I buy.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, Interior space is plentiful, interior does not look cheap, Lots of cargo space, high off the ground, big enough for my 350 lb body.

Suggested Improvements

The seats needs to be redesigned. Pushes my neck foward to far. Telescope steering is needed.