2009 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:
UNCERTAIN
By santiago on 02/18/10 17:20 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

car has been in the shop too often for a new car. My keyless panel has almost came off 3x, finally replaced it but now it extends farther then door. Brakes grind told normal at first then needed something changed on them because there were so many complaints and heater wasn't working properly, had to flush it 3x according to a bulletin that was put out by ford that I believe owners should also receive. Still don't believe car is heating properly. I worry whats next. Tried to buy American but I am being more disappointed every month. This is not a cheap vehicle and there are too many problems...they need to extend warranty. Head rest are horrible.

Piece of junk
By tim on 02/09/10 14:59 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Nothing but problems; needed new heater core 2 mths. after purchase; transmission needed rebuild after 13 months; replaced rear sensors 5 times;; drivers door mirror needed to be re- attached; wheel bearing on right front needed replacement; very poor gas mileage.Can hardly wait to get rid of this clunker.

front seat head rest
By john kaa on 01/31/10 21:56 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I enjoy my Flex, except for the front seat head rests. I have been back to Ford, they choose to do nothing! If you are looking at a Flex make sure these headrests are not a problem with you. I would not have purchased the vehicle knowing this.

Great Ride
By flexlover on 01/29/10 21:53 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just returned from Florida in our 2009 Ford Flex SEL. Put 3300 miles in 2 weeks from Indiana. Drove the car the first day to FL for 12 hours straight and did not feel the least bit tired. The DVD and satellite radio kept the kids and myself cruising along. The wide, low sitting "wagon" done great on the mountains. On the interstate it was ultra smooth. From gas stations to parks to the condo, people stopped me to ask to look inside. The leather interior is extremely comfortable. I was glad to put a long trip on the motor to break it in. It is absolutely the most comfortable vehicle we have ever owned. The fridge and electrical outlet came in handy on the long trip. We LOVE it!

AWD SEL Grey Flex
By G on 01/22/10 08:38 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ford has a nice vehicle here and I hope they realize it. Its sharp looking and has huge space! We get alot of looks and questions. People can't believe its a Ford. I only wished we brought the Limted model. We were looking at the Enclave and Acardia but this won out.

Love the Flex
By rdtMICH on 01/21/10 15:22 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had over 50 cars including 23 Lincolns and this is the best yet. I agree with the headrest complaints, but after a month neither my wife nor I complained about them. Outstanding mileage for this type of vehicle, over 25 on trips. Only small complaint is the limited sweep area of the tailgate wiper which is not centered.

2009 Ford Flex
By dlbailey05 on 01/05/10 10:08 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I never would have beleived this would have turned out to be as great a car as it is.Hands down the best riding vehicle I've ever ridin in.We just returned from a week in the Smokey Mountains and I'm even more impressed with the power train and fuel economy got 25.2 on the trip home,the car was loaded down. I can't find a thing bad about the car.=,would love to have waited and got the eco-boost engine but the 3.5 is more than adquit.

Comfort and style
By DanP on 01/03/10 17:53 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As an auto repair tech for over 30 years I've driven a lot of fine vehicles but none have been as nice as the Flex. By the way I currently work in a Nissan dealer. The only issue was brake noise. Ford has a repair avalible. Other reviews that said the dealer wouldn't fix their problems should find another dealer. All good auto dealers take care of their customers. So far the Flex has been a wonderful vehicle. The fuel mileage is good. the ride is smooth and quiet, but best of all love it or hate it the styling turns heads. Nothing generic.

Really nice car!
By Chris on 12/28/09 14:22 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this in may with my wife really not sure, but after driving it and fitting our 4 children in with them all in car seats, she now loves it. It has space to spare with all the kids and the ride is very comfortable.

Fantastic Alaskan SUV
By Jeremy on 11/30/09 19:30 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this vehicle a couple of months now and have really enjoyed owning it. I previously had a Ford Freestlye and it seems the 3rd row leg room was a bit more than my new Flex. This is not an issue for the 6 passenger Ford Flex due to the 2nd row seats slide forward. The 7 seat configuration does not allow the 2nd row to move forward. Transmission shifted roughly in low gears. Buying a K&N Airfilter fixed that problem and now have smooth shifting with no problem. I think Ford should include a K&N Airfilter from the start to avoid the rough shifting transmission I experienced with my new Flex. I live in Alaska and the AWD system has been flawless in the snow and ice!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Flex Wagon in VA is:

$130 per month*