Used 2009 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Flex

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Most Helpful|
Love the ride but the brakes...
By lynnderlou

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have 52k on the car and the rear brakes are having to be worked on again. They are telling me that it is the "elements", if Michigan driving is a problem for the brakes on this car they may have a few problems to work out! The rear parking sensor has stopped working, and is not covered under warranty, too many blind spots for this short girl to try and navigate blindly!Love the ride and comfort of the car but i think i will have to move on from my first and probably last ford vehicle.

Favorite Features

ride, interior space and comfort

Suggested Improvements

braking system. audio for sync calls.

Nice but a few problems
By Chuck

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

At first we thought the vehicle was great but as time goes on I noticed that the ride was alot harder than my previous Jeeps. I know everybody raves about the smooth ride but I can't get used to the hard ride in this vehicle. Also there is a rattle coming from the steering wheel when going over bumps, I think it is the horn button. Overall it is a good car and except for the hard ride and the rattle.

Favorite Features

Sync, roomy interior, styling, fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

Better ride quality, telescoping steering wheel.

Lemon in the Making
By Jim Stewart

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have the brake grinding noise and Ford has no solution. If you live where there is humdity, water or salt in the air, you will have the problem. Ford and the Dealership(Kelly Ford) in Melbourne, Florida have no solution. I am working on the lemon law process, do not buy this car. Besides the noise, the stopping distance is affected. Also, if you go to look at one, lean on the door and watch the metal bend, very cheaply made!

Favorite Features

Looks

Suggested Improvements

A Ford Dealer that cares or can fix a problem. They sell you the car and ignore you therafter.

Sticker shock
By surfredski

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In general my 2009 Ford Flex has been a very enjoyable car, I've almost 50,000 miles on it other than the center console latch breaking in the first year it's been a good car. Last month I had noticed two of the panels between the doors was loose. These are about the size of a bumper sticker and run vertically between the doors. The dealer said it would be $198 for each panel. Last week one of them flew off the car and I realized they are basically stickers. The plastic panels are held on with foam tape whose glue is now failing. I can't believe Ford is charging $198 for what are glorified stickers! My car was always hand washed, garaged and Seattle is a mild climate. Anyone else see this

Favorite Features

Love the comfort and ride of the Flex. The interior is nicely done, some with not so durable materials however. The mid console latch is weak plastic and a joke.

Suggested Improvements

Exterior panels on cars should not be stickers that give way and fly off the car. Seal the doors where they meet the body. Too much dirt gets in the door jambs.

"Hunk of Junk"
By Natalie Dyer

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I hate this car! I have had severe problems with the transmission as well as my brakes. Like always the dealer says nothing is wrong. I feel very unsafe in this vehicle and even though it is perfect for a family of 5- it is unsafe. I have had the transmission slip into low when I was on the fwy- my kids and I had to pull over and restart the vehicle to get it back into drive. The brakes continually grind. The dealer states they have dirt in them- once returned from the dealer it starts again. The brakes smoke and smell like they are burning. I would love to turn it back in to get my money back! VERY Disappointed.

Favorite Features

Sync system is great

Suggested Improvements

brakes and transmission.