Used 2009 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Bad deal
By jam

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Managers Special with 4500 miles on it. Within 2 weeks the engine light went on. I have been back 4x and they hope they get it right this time. Right Caliper/breaks had to be changed. Gears rub between 3th and 4th, knocking in engine? No real good explanations they just keep blaming on modules and sensors. OH and the drivers seat making noises, they order parts, but are missing some. Have to bring it back again? OH car was in for service at 2300 miles when the Manager had it ( at least 2-3 x)!

roomy and plush. drives quietly when it's not broken.

Well FORD whatcha going to do? Give me the runaround for $40,000??

Love my ride but broken harted
By MR,Ramos

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My ride is my joy. I only got 11k mile and it's killing me to have to take it to the dealer tomorrow 9/1/2010. The right side rear brake is grinding down the rotor only the right side I hope they fix it for free because no car should need that kind of repair at 11k miles something must be wrong.

i just enjoy the vehicle and also my family.

the front center console has a plastic lock, it should had been made of metal, sadly too say mines broke

So far, pretty good
By Canada

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First of all this is THE quietest vehicle I have owned. Second, very very comfortable. We could drive all day without any discomfort. Mileage is pretty good, not great but it's a heavy beast so that is to be expected. The Sync and other toys in the Flex make it that much better. Now, the brakes. Like every other person here I too am having both grinding AND squealing. Going to the dealership tomorrow to try for a fix. I hope I don't have to return so often (like others here) that I start ot get upset with the Flex. Overall, so far, I love it.

Touch screen nav/sat/HVAC. Seats Interior comfort.

Brakes! Come on Ford you've been doing this long enough to not have these little problems.

By Bella

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My flex is very comfortable, plenty of room for my family of five. The third row seat can fit adults. The internal voice activated communication system is great. What I don't like is that there are a lot of blind spots; I have difficulty seeing past the support post on the passenger side. We have had the car for about a year now and I am starting to notice that there are whistling sounds when I drive and the breaks are squealing, which the dealership cannot replicate so they havenít fixed it. If I had it to do over I'm not sure if I would buy a flex again.

voice activated sound system, hands free phone, vista sun roof. bucket seats are very comfortable.

decrease the blind spots. increase gas mileage, fix the brake squealing.

Can't drive with the windows open
By Moe

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love my FLEX, this car is great! I had a few issues that they had to change brakes, pads, rotors but that is all worked out. The center console is a little dark as well as the key-hole in the steering column. My BIGGEST complaint is that I can't drive with my windows open because you get a very annoying sound that is loud and hurts your ears. I tried my windows in different positions and no help! I had this on my vette but they came up with a solution.

Love the ride, smooth! Pretty good mileage.

Fix the "riding w/ window open" situation. Truly annoying and work on some more lighting in the console.

• SUV