2009 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:
"Hunk of Junk"
By Natalie Dyer on 04/12/10 20:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I hate this car! I have had severe problems with the transmission as well as my brakes. Like always the dealer says nothing is wrong. I feel very unsafe in this vehicle and even though it is perfect for a family of 5- it is unsafe. I have had the transmission slip into low when I was on the fwy- my kids and I had to pull over and restart the vehicle to get it back into drive. The brakes continually grind. The dealer states they have dirt in them- once returned from the dealer it starts again. The brakes smoke and smell like they are burning. I would love to turn it back in to get my money back! VERY Disappointed.

Ooh..aww!
By Crystal M on 04/07/10 20:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have only had our Flex about a month. So far we love it. We compared vehicles for over 6 months before buying. We love the space & all the luxuries. Everyone always ask to look inside. Too many compliments about this car. I hope the reliability is as great as all the features.

Smart Buy - No regrets
By Jason on 04/01/10 21:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We had a loaded Durango, which we loved, but it was totaled in an accident. Planned to buy a used Durango, but Ford's offer was too good. My wife loved the Flex all along, I wasn't thrilled. I felt like I was ditching my "macho" Durango for a boxy station wagon. One year later, I couldn't be happier. I'm 6'4" and we have two young, but tall kids. The Flex has way more passenger room than the Durango and has already payed off in the short and long run. It's also safer and gets way better Hwy and City MPG. At $2.85/gallon, it costs about $44-$45 and drives about 400 miles per tank. That's better than my wife's Mazda6. We might trade it for a second Flex

Awesome Ride
By Satisflexed on 03/30/10 06:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had our flex for over 6 months and we love it! initially my wife was little hesitant because but she's now a big proponent of the car. I cant tell you how many of her friends have said "I live your Flex". Personally I love smaller cars but I often take the wife car instead of my own car. The car if incredibly comfortable and the wife and my 4 kids are anxiously looking forward to our first long road trip. You know something is up when you're looking forward to along drive w/ 4 kids :-)

I love my flex!
By Angela on 03/24/10 11:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased the flex it is the best car we have ever owned we have 3 children and everyone is so comfortable and has there own space it's just a fun ride, we recently went on a road trip and got 28 mpg of course this just depends on how you drive your vehicle we have never had any problems only routine maintenance for people who have had a lot of brake trouble its probably because they are rough on the brakes I would highly recommend the flex for any family also my husband and we still in our 20's and it doesn't make us feel old like a van does.

I love my Flex!
By CJ on 03/18/10 07:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As a mother, this car is so ideal! The seats easy fold down button is a plus gorgeous leather interior satellite radio smooth handling easy acceleration lots of leg room for my 6 foot tall hubby

Great Family Hauler
By Xico on 03/10/10 10:51 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for 8 months and my family and I have really enjoyed it. It is great for going on road trips or just daily errands/driver. Seats are very comfortable. Performance is adequate. Only issue so far is that cooling fan broke, but it was replaced promptly at the dealership under warranty. Trunk space is OK for a 7-seater, but you will probably need an external cargo holder if you load up the car with 7 people for the long haul.

flex headrests
By john on 03/06/10 17:15 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have solved the headrest issue. I purchased a set of Toyota 4Runner headrests, from a wrecking yard, recovered them to match, a much better front seat now. The new headrests are adjustable back and forth, so all who ride are able to make a selection of the rest position. Total cost $100. This was my only solution since Ford took a no action attitude. Not what I call Superior Customer Service!

Disappointed
By jks on 02/27/10 11:52 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After a year of Flex ownership, it's not quite the vehicle I expected in quality. I am having front brake issues (severe grinding) which I understand is common with this vehicle. Plastic interior trim pieces falling off. Exterior plastic pillar piece coming off - it's attached with double sided tape. And the gas mileage rarely gets above 21 mpg on the highway. Don't get duped by the advertised 24 mpg.

Awesome
By Matt on 02/23/10 07:48 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am 6'4, 260lbs. When I sat in this car it was like sitting out in the open. So much space in the front! The leather seats are incredible comfortable. The styling inside and out is really nice. I really looked around before my family picked the Flex. We fall in love with it more each day. It is like sitting in a lazy boy and driving around. Smooth ride. Great handling. Didn't get the limited so I am thinking about getting some additions at some point. This car also has plenty of space. We have 2 kids and don't have a problem with room.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Flex Wagon in VA is:

$130 per month*