Used 2009 Ford Flex Wagon Consumer Reviews - 183 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Great at first, Then just plain aggervating.
By big_d1

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Tons of room, decent power and very comfy.
With about 100 miles the Sync system stopped working 4 trips back to the dealer until figured out. 8K The Rack & Pinion went bad and the car spent 3 days in the shop getting repaired.
10K terrible odor from under the dash (dealer couldn't replicate). 14K SMOKE from under the dash, took it straight to the dealer "we saw the smoke but couldn't find a problem" 16.5K Car lost all electrical power (incl PS/PB) with my wife driving So she pulled to the side of the road and it got towed to the dealer. If they tell me there is nothing wrong, I'm getting a Venza.

Seats are Incredibly comfy.

Interior plastics are extremely cheesy. poor Fit and poor look. For the price of the car they could seriously improve on that.

Had to have it!
By Gord

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I rode to work in a flex and it had plenty of leg room. My boss is 6,4" and I am 6'5". It is amazing that I can sit behind I'm the second seat and still have lots of leg room. I have been looking for a vehicle for several years that was #1 roomy and got ok gas mileage. The end kicker for me was how quiet it is and wow what a smooth ride. Excellent job Ford.

Room, quiet and smooth ride. The hi tech equipment leaves the competitors in the dust. Designed for tall people yeah.

Head rests in the front, no good for short people.

Be careful of Stability control
By Todd

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The design and concept of this car is great. Unfortunately I have had to sell it over safety concerns. The car's stability control engages for no apparent reason and brings the car to a sudden halt. No one appears to be wiling to address the issue. I would be careful of a family based car that is potentially unpredictable.

Best Car Ever
By Betty Farmer

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I have been married 37 years and have always been Ford owners. The best purchase ever is the Ford Flex. We like to travel and the ride and comfort in the Flex makes the trip enjoyable and relaxing. Our family and friends have alot of precious memories spent together traveling in the Flex. We tell everyone how much we "love" our Flex and recommend it as a great car to purchase. I can't wait for Ford to offer another 0% financing on the Flex so I can purchase a new one to enjoy. I don't understand why Ford does not advertise the "Flex" because to me it is the best car on the road.

Very easy driving; comfortable seating; big enough but not too big; Sirius radio; miles per gallon; rides fantastic.

Headrests on front 2 seats - they stick out too much and is very uncomfortable. The phone needs improving - I don't use mine anymore because it would not work correctly and people on the other end couldn't understand me. Would not get one in another car. Not worth the money.

Brakes TSB
By Cmac

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

All you guys having the brakes problems, if your car is still under warranty there is a few TSBs out there to fix the issue. They did it to ours about 3500 miles ago and have no issues since. We love the car, got it used with just over 8,000 miles on it, had the brake issue took it in and was fixed and haven't had any issues at all since. It's a great family car and all the room is great for moving large items too.

Style, heated seats, panoramic roof

Gas Mileage is poor (~18 mpg) and isn't as good in the snow as we thought it may be (probably do more to poor tires)