Used 2009 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Flex

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Brakes TSB
By Cmac

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

All you guys having the brakes problems, if your car is still under warranty there is a few TSBs out there to fix the issue. They did it to ours about 3500 miles ago and have no issues since. We love the car, got it used with just over 8,000 miles on it, had the brake issue took it in and was fixed and haven't had any issues at all since. It's a great family car and all the room is great for moving large items too.

Favorite Features

Style, heated seats, panoramic roof

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage is poor (~18 mpg) and isn't as good in the snow as we thought it may be (probably do more to poor tires)

Love My Flex!
By Love this Car!!!!

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is an outstanding vehicle. The overall quality is excellent and the comfort is superior. We have had our Flex for a year and a half with absolutely no problems. The sync system and Sony stereo are great especially the IPOD USB connection as well as the cell phone interface. We moved about a year ago and I could not believe the amount of room in this car. I kept putting box after box in and it still took more. The heated front and rear seats, the console refrigerator and the head and leg room make this car the best on long trips.

Favorite Features

Comfort and leg room, sync, console refrigerator, ease of setting up third row seats, decent mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping steering wheel

Bad deal
By jam

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Managers Special with 4500 miles on it. Within 2 weeks the engine light went on. I have been back 4x and they hope they get it right this time. Right Caliper/breaks had to be changed. Gears rub between 3th and 4th, knocking in engine? No real good explanations they just keep blaming on modules and sensors. OH and the drivers seat making noises, they order parts, but are missing some. Have to bring it back again? OH car was in for service at 2300 miles when the Manager had it ( at least 2-3 x)!

Favorite Features

roomy and plush. drives quietly when it's not broken.

Suggested Improvements

Well FORD whatcha going to do? Give me the runaround for $40,000??

Ongoing brake problems
By wtex

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In one year Ford has tried to fix brakes 7 times to no avail. The make grinding and rubbing noises when applied. Locked up one time on my wife. This problem is also present in Lincoln and Ford models because they all share the same brakes according to service manager .

Favorite Features

I'm tall and back seat is very roomy

Suggested Improvements

fix brakes and add telescoping steering column

Love my ride but broken harted
By MR,Ramos

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My ride is my joy. I only got 11k mile and it's killing me to have to take it to the dealer tomorrow 9/1/2010. The right side rear brake is grinding down the rotor only the right side I hope they fix it for free because no car should need that kind of repair at 11k miles something must be wrong.

Favorite Features

i just enjoy the vehicle and also my family.

Suggested Improvements

the front center console has a plastic lock, it should had been made of metal, sadly too say mines broke