Used 2009 Ford Flex SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Flex

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Most Helpful|
Great Vehicle!!
By Florida

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wow! What a great car. At first, it took a while to get used to the looks, but now we love it. Were looking at Tahoes/Traverses/Acadias/and Suburbans. You get a lot more for your money with the flex. A fully loaded flex is about the cost of a stripped version of the above listed. It's amazing, the dealers that are strong, Ford, are willing to work harder for your business than those not doing so well?? Maybe that's why they are staying in business.

Favorite Features

Very comfy. Rides like a car. Lots of room. Peppy engine.

Suggested Improvements

Too new, not there yet.

a great vacation ride
By Victor Carter

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car in November,2008. We took it to Woodstock, Maine in the worst of weather with 5 adults and winter clothes, skis and such. We went to Niagra for the newyears fireworks show after skiing. Then we came home. We got 23.4 worst and 24.3 was our best milage. We drove it to Cape Cod to see the whales this spring. We got about the same milage. We had 5 adults and bagage for 10 days. My Wife and I took it to Moab, Utah and had a great time. We got 24.7 MPG on that trip. Only two people. I can't find anything I don't like about the car. You will not believe the power the V6 has!

Favorite Features

Blue tooth works well with little road noise coming over the phone. Rear heat and air. It looks soooo coool!

Suggested Improvements

It could ride a little better but I do not want to give up any of the handleing. It drives and hangs on the road like a sports car.

Disappointed
By jks

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After a year of Flex ownership, it's not quite the vehicle I expected in quality. I am having front brake issues (severe grinding) which I understand is common with this vehicle. Plastic interior trim pieces falling off. Exterior plastic pillar piece coming off - it's attached with double sided tape. And the gas mileage rarely gets above 21 mpg on the highway. Don't get duped by the advertised 24 mpg.

Does many things well
By basswood

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Flex is very comfortable, easy to drive. Mine has no telescoping wheel, so I can't give myself all the leg room I would like to have. Excellent choice for tall people anyway. It is quiet and smooth on all surfaces. Good pickup when you need it. Mileage is surprisingly good. Mine is getting better;about 19mpg around suburbs!

Favorite Features

I find this car easy to get in and out of. Mileage has been better than expected (actually calculated to be 19.1 on last tankful. Love the red color.

Suggested Improvements

Access to console is terrible. It is very dark inside it, and its location puts it almost behind your right elbow.Needs a light inside and better placement. Glove box is also small. For a large car, there is little storage room in the front seat area. (for me) A back up camera would be great! (onSE)

LOVE IT
By Dave

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had a Mercedes R350 with all the options, and I drove the Flex and looked at the price and said what the heck am I doing driving a Mercedes, I returned the Mercedes 5 months early to get the Flex, I could not find the SEL with leather and Nav, so I settled for the SE and will install the Nav. Best bang for the buck bar none! THANKS FORD!!

Favorite Features

Comfort Sync

Suggested Improvements

Telescope steering wheel, more options on the SEL and SE!!