2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:
Great Car for Families
By M Solfronk on 02/26/09 08:56 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love our SE equipped with Sync and self folding 2nd row chairs. The ride is fluid and the gas mileage is reasonable for the size of the vehicle. The interior is very nice and the Sync system worked as advertised. Front and Second Row legroom is expansive and I've even sat in the third row myself. Its a little more tight but you can usefully carry around adults back there for longer stretches. The steering wheel needs to telescope for my 6'3" frame. Other than that I highly recommend reviewing.

Never thought I'd own a Ford
By Lovin' my Flex on 01/26/09 15:30 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I wasn't convinced on Ford cars/trucks or SUVs so I did my homework and Ford is comparable to Toyota and Honda as far as reliability. I love how the style is unique and different. I get excited knowing there aren't that many of them on the road. We took a road trip the day after purchasing the Flex and it was so much fun discovering all the cool things the car has to offer. It is a lot of fun to drive and it's great that my husband wants to drive my car now!

Real Solid Vehicle
By JLC on 01/20/09 08:34 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

With two young kids and a few more nieces/nephews we can carry/haul all we really want to with this car. So far the car has been a delight to own. We feel very safe riding/driving in it. I'd recommend (with one stipulation - see improvements) it to anyone. All-in-all though it really is a good solid vehicle.

Merry Christmas to Me
By clteach1 on 01/10/09 16:18 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. My husband and I were Christmas shopping and stopped to test drive a Flex just for the heck of it. We had no intention of buying one. We were just very curious as it looked so different. We were immediately sold. It is so comfortable. We had a Christmas trip planned from NH to Kentucky with our 5 kids and were a little leary of making such a trip in an unfamiliar car. It turned out to be our best trip ever. The kids didn't complain once and driving it was such a pleasure. It certainly made a 27 hour trip a lot less stressful. I think this was my best Christmas present ever.

First American Car
By brian numkena on 01/05/09 19:06 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first American Car (I bought Nissan and Toyota in past), so I hope the quality is better than my parent's Grand AM (ruined my view of American Cars). The Flex rides smooth, looks nice and manuavers the road well. So far I average about 23 MPG, a disappointment comming from driving a Scion XB at 28 MPG. I bought for more room and safety issues when driving from Arizona to Californa. I have to say it is impressive, but then again I like to buy the base models because I don't want to pay for repairs of the electronics if they break. I hope my Ford Flex lives up to the quality standards Ford has been claiming. If it doesn't then this will be the first and last American car I buy.

Ford Flex is Outstanding!
By Mickey Ranyes on 01/05/09 13:57 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a very pleasant surprise from Ford. We chose after a test ride and paid $29,800 out the door. Second and third row legroom is very strong. Vehicle tracks perfectly straight on highway! Safety for rollover on an SUV has to be tops with this car, as center of gravity is lower. Can't believe how much this auto has won us over. Ford is definitely heading in the right direction. Very proud we dropped Mercedes and saved $60,000.

Fun Flex
By KIKI on 09/04/08 21:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had the Flex for 1 month. Very comfortable, huge amount of space, great looking sitting next to my 06 Mustang GT. Combined driving mpg 22 excellent for a seven passanger vehicle. Sync is awesome must have option for any car (oh lucky Ford owner exclusive for the time) bought the SE to fit the budget but definitely does not feel like the budget model. Great value!

Love my Flex
By flexdublin on 07/18/08 18:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just love my Flex. Got my Flex a short two weeks ago and people cannot stop talking about it at the gas station, the store, and work. People just love it and so do I. So much room and the ride is so smooth. If you're looking for a new car, drive the Ford Flex. You will love it .

Jerry's Flex
By jerry on 07/03/08 19:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my new Flex. The room is great and so nice to drive. People can not stop looking at it. I was filling and people ask me all about it. Ford hit a home run!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Flex in VA is:

$131 per month*