Used 2009 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews - 182 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Flex

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

POS
By btcadams

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I drove numerous cars before deciding to purchase our 1st and last Ford vehicle. At first it seemed to be the answer to all of our needs. We purchased this car new in NOV 08. Within 6mnths,we had to take the car in to have the "sync" systems wiring harness replaced 4 times and the touch screen once! Within 16k miles (2 years) we had to replace the front rotors and brakes. And now just 11 months and 10k miles later, we now need to replace the front rotors again, the rear brakes and the rear rotors! Ford Corporate was of no help for this non-warranty item stating "normal/routine maintenance". Not to mention the horrible screeching sound that comes from the brakes, also "normal"

The amont of space in the 2nd row. The refrigerated rear center console. The vista roof.

better customer service, better quality parts under the hood and under the car, brakes, rotors etc. In addition to the problems with the brakes..the car also is showing signs of transmission problems now as well. We will never buy a Ford again.

Love the ride but the brakes...
By lynnderlou

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have 52k on the car and the rear brakes are having to be worked on again. They are telling me that it is the "elements", if Michigan driving is a problem for the brakes on this car they may have a few problems to work out! The rear parking sensor has stopped working, and is not covered under warranty, too many blind spots for this short girl to try and navigate blindly!Love the ride and comfort of the car but i think i will have to move on from my first and probably last ford vehicle.

ride, interior space and comfort

braking system. audio for sync calls.

09 Ltd had it 1 1/2 yrs; starting to act like a lemon
By gelene

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

i LOVE this car's comfort, style, buttons & cup holders where you need them.. ford always does a great job w/ that..

BUT UNDER THE HOOD.. not so much.. :(

after the last 2 fords (tauras & CV) i SWORE no more.. but loved the flex.. however its true colors are showing.. @25K already needed new tires, @30K newed brake & lifetime rotors replaced!?? 46K a/c is going out..WHAT?!! let me stress..we take it to the dealer & don't drive our cars hard, get regular oil changes, rotations, etc.
my toyota scion has 100K & only needed 1 set of tires & brakes @50K.. and NEVER needed anything else NOTHING!!! come on ford america, we can do better!

vista roof and sync, overall type/body type.. of ALL the cars we drove, and there were many.. it was the ONLY sedan/SUV where 3rd row was TOTALLy comfortable.. like a regular full seat..

suggested improvements...just make the darn thing to last & work like it is supposed to.. i'm afraid to ride in it just like i was in our crown vic b/c every time you turned around something else wasn't working.. or stopped working way earlier than the user's manual says...even when you take it in and do all the stuff you are supposed to do, when you are supposed to do it.. i'm fearful of how much extra the next 50K miles is going to cost us...

Loved it and now would like it to stay out of the shop....
By stew2730

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Totally disappointed, I have previously posted two very flattering reviews of this car and now need to retract those as well as apologize to all who stopped me and asked me about this car.
Have had my Flex for 2 1/2 years and have put 45k miles on it.
About 10 days ago it began running hot, ended up being in the shop for almost 9 days.
Have had the car back for 8 days and it started running hot in traffic on our way to dinner tonight.
We had to park the car and hope it will still be there Monday so we can have it towed to yet another dealership!
Going back to a Japanese car after this!

Reliability would be a great feature. We have a Toyota 4Runner, now driven by a college student, that has been all over the country and probably abused in some ways.... The Toyota has never had any issues beyond regular maintenance.

Great at first, Then just plain aggervating.
By big_d1

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Tons of room, decent power and very comfy.
With about 100 miles the Sync system stopped working 4 trips back to the dealer until figured out. 8K The Rack & Pinion went bad and the car spent 3 days in the shop getting repaired.
10K terrible odor from under the dash (dealer couldn't replicate). 14K SMOKE from under the dash, took it straight to the dealer "we saw the smoke but couldn't find a problem" 16.5K Car lost all electrical power (incl PS/PB) with my wife driving So she pulled to the side of the road and it got towed to the dealer. If they tell me there is nothing wrong, I'm getting a Venza.

Seats are Incredibly comfy.

Interior plastics are extremely cheesy. poor Fit and poor look. For the price of the car they could seriously improve on that.