2009 Ford Flex Consumer Review: 1st time buying a new car

2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Review

SEL Wagon (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

1st time buying a new car
By Mike on

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This was our first family new car, ever. We looked at a bunch of models with similar features but Ford turned out to best suit our needs and budget. The salesman was great which was a huge added bonus. We opted for the SEL with AWD, DVD, Sync, and Lighting and Convienience package. Haven't done much with the sync but the bluetooth feature was easy to set up and calls on the cell were easy and clear. I would agree the headrest angle is a bit much and having a telescopic wheel would be nice, however with so many adjustments to seating this is easily overcome. It drives like it's on rails, and very smooth and quiet with enough feel of the road to help the driver. Very first class feel.

The audio system is excellent and I look forward to using Sync to call up our tunes. I also like how sturdy everything is, built like a tank and feels great driving. Did I mention the audio, wow!

Some interior materials could be tweaked (plastic molding is evident) and of course the headrest and telescopic wheel improvements would make this a slam dunk. The bottom of the doors have a seem on the exterior with a crude looking weld job. This could have been done better.