2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:
Ford got it right
By Jim on 07/27/08 11:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I first saw the flex online and was intrigued by the look. My wife and I do not have a family, however we do have a big dog and are going to get at least one more. We also go on drives to the wine country with our friends and need room. I have driven a lot of Fords including my last car (Explorer) which I hated--really bad MPG, sluggish, and cheap interior. The Flex is the opposite. They are finally putting some emphasis on quality and luxury feel in this car-especially the interior. The Sync system is great, the interior (ours is black leather) is sharp and very comfortable. Many people have made comments about the car and how impressed they are

Love my Flex
By flexdublin on 07/18/08 18:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just love my Flex. Got my Flex a short two weeks ago and people cannot stop talking about it at the gas station, the store, and work. People just love it and so do I. So much room and the ride is so smooth. If you're looking for a new car, drive the Ford Flex. You will love it .

Great Ride!
By Eric on 07/13/08 14:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My new Ford Flex is turning heads while driving down the street. It is vey roomy inside and is a great package for our family of five. MPG is better than the Expedition we used to drive. The Sync technology is great, gauges are clear and easy to use. Overall a winner in my opinion.

Out The Park
By Peaceout on 07/12/08 15:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We took ownership of our limited silver loaded up Flex on July 10, 2008. My wife and I have four children 5yrs, 4yrs, 2yrs, and new born. We had to go to a third row vehicle and I was excited about the vehicle and validated the excitement once it finally hit the lot. The exterior style is superb and distinctive. The cabin is pure luxury, comfort, and functional. The drive is very relaxing and fun. This is a cruising machine built for comfort including the tight drive, cabin, interior materials, lighting, very quiet interior, and Sony surround sound is excellent. This vehicle delivers for my family. Congratuations Ford, you have just flexed your muscle.

Dollar for Dollar, The Best Family Ride.
By Choe610 on 07/11/08 07:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After our second child and a need for our second car seat, it was obvious we needed a larger family ride that would afford us all of the luxury, newest technical gadgetry and efficiency. After comparing several mid to full size SUF's and minivans (which my wife refused to consider) the obvious choice was the 09 Ford Flex. It has by far the best voice recognition system available, and an awesome 12 speaker sony sound system. With amenities such as supple leather seats, Sirius satellite radio, enough cargo space (when the third row is down) to carry a double stroller and 12 bags of groceries, fuel eficiency (compared to other 7 seater suv's) and eye popping looks, this is an awesome ride.

Awesome Vehicle
By Jeff on 07/06/08 18:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Quite possibly the best American vehicle that I've ever owned. This vehicle rides smoothly and the AWD version of the vehicle got 24.6 MPG on a long distance trip of 1300 miles. This is 2.6 MPG better than the EPA sticker. The designers of the vehicle seem to have thought of everything including a 110 V AC outlet at the back of the 1st row center console. Must order sync on the vehicle too so that you can make hands free calls (legally required in some states) and also can control your music player or thumb drive with music on it. Seats are amazingly comfortable and ride quality is better than a minivan. Buy one and you'll be impressed too.

Blue Oval is Back
By Happy on 07/05/08 07:38 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Picked our new Flex and we're immediately impressed. The exterior is bold and draws looks that other crossovers wish they could get. The interior is the nicest Ford has produced to date. Plenty of room in all seats even the third row and I'm 6'2". Cupholders galore with six passenger seating, great options like auto- folding second row seats ambient lighting and the colors for the exterior. Some may not like the looks of the exterior but the interior is awesome, remember you sit in the car when driving. Give this car some serious consideration in your shopping.

Jerry's Flex
By jerry on 07/03/08 19:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my new Flex. The room is great and so nice to drive. People can not stop looking at it. I was filling and people ask me all about it. Ford hit a home run!

Practical Ford!
By new to ford! on 06/02/08 15:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got my dark ink blue 09 Ford Flex SEL AWD with every option except navagation ( not available on the SEL) for $29500. I love the interior room and luxury features of this vehicle. My kids love the rear refrigerator console in the back to keep their snacks and drinks from going bad. I really like the blue and camel interior that go well together. Has a good stereo system especially with cd's but bass punch is lacking. The 265 hp 3.5l V6 and six speed automatic deliver decent power and pulls from a stop. accelerator response is good and can keep your foot slightly on the pedal. The six speed shifts smoothly but when the car is floored, there is a loud roar. Overall very good vehicle

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Flex in VA is:

$130 per month*