Used 2009 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

1st time buying a new car
By Mike

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This was our first family new car, ever. We looked at a bunch of models with similar features but Ford turned out to best suit our needs and budget. The salesman was great which was a huge added bonus. We opted for the SEL with AWD, DVD, Sync, and Lighting and Convienience package. Haven't done much with the sync but the bluetooth feature was easy to set up and calls on the cell were easy and clear. I would agree the headrest angle is a bit much and having a telescopic wheel would be nice, however with so many adjustments to seating this is easily overcome. It drives like it's on rails, and very smooth and quiet with enough feel of the road to help the driver. Very first class feel.

The audio system is excellent and I look forward to using Sync to call up our tunes. I also like how sturdy everything is, built like a tank and feels great driving. Did I mention the audio, wow!

Some interior materials could be tweaked (plastic molding is evident) and of course the headrest and telescopic wheel improvements would make this a slam dunk. The bottom of the doors have a seem on the exterior with a crude looking weld job. This could have been done better.

Very Happy
By Jonathan

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I grinded over this decision for two months. I looked at Mercedes, BMW, Honda, Mazda,GM, VW,... I have never owned a Ford. I have owned all of the above. I think we made the right choice. We git unique styling, a functional interior, tons of space, decent mpg, and a great value for the vehicle at the price. My wife disliked the head rests, but they are are removable and or reversable. The adjustable pedals take care of the steering wheel telescoping issues. I am proud to buy American again!

LOVE IT
By Dave

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had a Mercedes R350 with all the options, and I drove the Flex and looked at the price and said what the heck am I doing driving a Mercedes, I returned the Mercedes 5 months early to get the Flex, I could not find the SEL with leather and Nav, so I settled for the SE and will install the Nav. Best bang for the buck bar none! THANKS FORD!!

Comfort Sync

Telescope steering wheel, more options on the SEL and SE!!

One Fine Ride
By Jeff B Dorough

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A very nice new and fresh design. Very comfortable. Excellent features like the sync, vista roof and refrigerator. Perfect for taking the grandkids on weekend excursions. Ford - keep up the good work. Build the right car and people will buy it - what a concept! I have already influenced three others to but this vehicle. Do I get a commission? or a key chain? Regards, Jeff B Dorough

Vista Roof Refrigerator Sync Sirrius Radio Push Button Tail Gate Opener & Closer

Make the refrigerator larger with drain hole on the bottom........

BIG MISTAKE!!
By Tim Williams

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wanted to buy American and with the problems with Chysler & GMC we went for a ford. I wanted a Explorer but needed better milage so with really looking at any vehicals we bought the Flex. Traded my 2005 JGC. 8 days old and my check engine light came on it was only a sensor but it was in the shop for 3 days because the wrong part was ordered and I had to wait until Monday. 33 days old and my anti-brake came light on. Dealer had it for 4 days and could not find anything wrong. Reset the light & gave it back. We are suppose to drive it to Iowa for a family reunion but we are going to rent a vehicle because we don't trust it. My sister got a Traverse and is rubbing it in. Kicking my-self......

The seats and the ride are a little better then my jeep but not by much.

Several but the biggest is the outside design. You really have a problem driving when its windy goes all over. And driving into the wind with its Square pants design gas milage stinks.