2009 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:
First Impression and Experience
By Footnote on 09/06/08 17:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had our Flex for about 2 months now and find it to be one of the most satisfying cars we've ever owned. My wife's first impession was that it looked like a hearse and she wanted nothing to do with it. Once she sat in it and drove it she liked it as much as I did. It is the most comfortable and quite car we've ever owned. Recently we were caught up in a storm outside Lubbock, TX. In particular the winds were terrible. This car was rock steady on the road with no swaying at all. Inside it was quite and relaxed. We even watched as the front move through on the doppler radar image on our navigation unit. We love this car.

Fun Flex
By KIKI on 09/04/08 21:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had the Flex for 1 month. Very comfortable, huge amount of space, great looking sitting next to my 06 Mustang GT. Combined driving mpg 22 excellent for a seven passanger vehicle. Sync is awesome must have option for any car (oh lucky Ford owner exclusive for the time) bought the SE to fit the budget but definitely does not feel like the budget model. Great value!

Lovin' It
By bleary travelers on 09/03/08 11:53 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The week after we bought our solid silver Flex we took a 4,000 mile road trip. Had many chances to check fuel economy with the cruise control on and came up with these numbers: 80 mph - 23 mpg; 70 mph - 24 mpg; 60 mph - 28+ mpg. Very pleased! The ride is really comfortable except (as others have noted) the head rests tilt forward. I experienced the same thing when we test drove an '09 Pilot. I talked my husband into this car - he's 6'3", I'm 5'0" and we both love driving it. Plenty of cargo space (musician hauling keyboards & amps). Can't answer as to reliability yet, but this replaces our '99 Explorer that had 175k miles on it. I don't expect anything less from the Flex

My new Ford Flex
By rgurta on 08/26/08 08:23 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am very impressed with all aspects of my red Ford Flex SEL. It is very roomy and the quality is outstanding. My only cons on this vehicle is that I find my front seat headrests to be very uncomfortable and that the two second row captain chairs need armrests. The sync radio with bluetooth hands free cell phone features are a real plus. I can not get over how many people have asked to see my car and how many heads it turns when being driven. It is hard to believe that the dimensions on this roomy vehicle is almost identical to my 2005 Ford Freestyle. I am getting better than 20 miles to the gallon so far in mixed driving conditions.

Flex is great
By Joe on 08/24/08 15:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in 05 Navigator and now save $225/month in gas. While we will miss the Nav this car is pure fun. We've had it for a few weeks now and no less than 20 people have asked us about. Too cool!

Flex gets it right
By JC on 08/21/08 11:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We were looking for a larger alternative to my wife's Lexus RX330. Wife wanted more upscale vehicle, but no SUV. Flex is technically not a "luxury" vehicle, it gets very close in terms of leather, materials and technology (I am referring to the "Limited" model). Interior was in quality to her Lexus RX. The use of space inside the vehicle is superb, with many functions and useful touches. The seats are extremely easy to fold down for storage. The ride is very nice (better than the Lexus RX). Suspension is soft, but firm enough for good handling. Takes corners better than any SUV, little body roll. A solid vehicle - highly recommend.

I'm driving the inside I keep telling em
By toyisland8 on 08/14/08 11:03 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So, I was sold on an Outlook or an Acadia, even though I get Ford discount through my dad's retirement. Simply put I hated the way this car looked, a cross between a hearse and a bus. My husband insisted I at least look at it, and I admit the inside and its luxurious features got me to test drive... sold! Loaded to the gills at 450/mo for a 39mo lease - the Acadia was at least 75/mo more with less features. (retiree discount helped obviously) I can't get over how I love this car (on the inside and behind the wheel) the outside, not so much. I opted for the white platinum tricoat and really like that I don't have a different color roof! Love it inside, hate it outside - you must drive it!

Loving my new Flex
By Sarah M on 08/02/08 20:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Flex for 2 weeks now. It rides very smoothly and plush. The interior is nicely appointed. It drives nicely in the city and on the highway. The SYNC system was easy to set up -- don't know how I ever lived with out it. I will never ever buy a vehicle without SYNC -- I am hooked! Industry leading technology. We are able to load up the kids, their friends and all their gear with no problems. Gas mileage so far has been averaging 23 mpg (mixture of highway and city driving)

Ford is back!
By Luke on 07/28/08 16:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

2 years ago I dumped my GMC Suburban and purchased a Scion XB. I was always unhappy with the XB's size & amenities, but the mileage made up for it. I was considering a GMC Acadia. Then came Flex. As soon as it appeard on Yahoo I knew it was going to be mine! I now have a loaded SEL. My wife loves it, too! Finally a cool, luxury ride. Yesterday it averaged 27.9 MPG at 60MPH over a "hilly" 10 mile highway segment using the cruise control! Wow! It beats the sticker MPG, even in the city. I'm very proud of Ford!

Ford got it right
By Jim on 07/27/08 11:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I first saw the flex online and was intrigued by the look. My wife and I do not have a family, however we do have a big dog and are going to get at least one more. We also go on drives to the wine country with our friends and need room. I have driven a lot of Fords including my last car (Explorer) which I hated--really bad MPG, sluggish, and cheap interior. The Flex is the opposite. They are finally putting some emphasis on quality and luxury feel in this car-especially the interior. The Sync system is great, the interior (ours is black leather) is sharp and very comfortable. Many people have made comments about the car and how impressed they are

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Flex Wagon in VA is:

$131 per month*