Used 2009 Ford Flex Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Always Ford
By KGB

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We were dreading picking a new car. We considered buying another brand but fell in love with yet another Ford. My kids love the comfort and the integrated DVD. I love the sync for hands free calling. We got it fully- loaded and we are so happy we did. There is even a 110v plug-in in the rear...you can blow your hair while you drive. There are two charging adapter for your devices. We love the Sirius that was included and hooking up our ipod. The engine is fantastic. We took it on a road trip the first week we had it and not a single problem. LOVE this Flex!! The 5 moon roofs are awsome!

The moon roofs, the integrated DVD with wireless headphones, sync for hands free calling and controlling the audio system.

Did hope to get better gas mileage than with our 2004 Explorer, but its still a keeper...no buyers remorse at all!

Ford Flex Windshield crack easy
By Scbetances

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my ford flex 6 months and the windshield has cracked 4 times. It cost $363.00 for a replacement each time. Ford told me sorry the nothing they can do it is the design of the ford flex and it will crack easy because it has a large windshield and will catch more of the rocks from the road.

Room for my family

Windshield so it does no cack so easly or put a warranty on it.

Not Another Mini-van
By Danno

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As a family of 5 and needing to replace our Honda mini-van, we drove everything we could think of. The Flex won based on the fact it didn't drive like anything else we tested. The vehicle rides great, gets decent fuel econ (18c / 23h), and has tons of room. It doesn't handle like a large vehicle which is why it is becoming the favorite car to drive even when we don't have the kids with us. The headrests and non-telescopic steering haven't bothered me like other owners (5' 10" tall) and I find this to be one of the most comfortable cars we have ever owned. The Sync system is outstanding but I'm still learning some of the features. www.syncmyride.com has updates and useful info for owners.

Sync, vista roof, family DVD, HID headlights, quality interior materials, sweet sound system, ride / handling, NVH, doesn't look or drive like our Honda mini-van (hated it), kids love the ambient lighting. Also love the fact that free oil changes are the only reason I've been back to the dealer.

Still not sold on the exterior looks. The driver seat has a piece of plastic trim on the left front foot that I hit every time I exit the vehicle. I expect it to fall off soon. The factory nav system is WAY too expensive.

More extras than we have ever had
By Dave

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought it. Never had so many extras as we have always been conservative, just the necesseties. Lightinng package is great and the sun visor has a universal garage door opener which we had never seen before. Sync is great, car runs smooth and quiet and we got a long stare from a passing car as we left the dealership.

sync, garage door opener, power lift on back, HID lights, convenience package, ice blue with white top just looks and feels cool

Head rest but I raised it up and it is not a problem

Didn't want a van again
By Ron

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My first new car in many years. Ford has raised the bar. This big safe car does many things well. It is smooth and quiet, with good acceleration. I wish it had a telescoping wheel, because at 6' 4", I can move the seat back so far that the steering wheel is almost out of reach. I like the ease of folding the back seats down. It has a ton of room with them folded (not a minivan though) I added a back-up camera/gps system to my SE and it really helps backing up. Tall seats hold you in, make turning around to see difficult for me; comfortable though. Solid highway drive. Don't drive with windows open;overpressure will drive you nuts. Mileage c. 20 in town, 25 hwy. Not great, but pretty good.

Solid, safe feeling driving. Like on rails.Quiet, smooth, with good pickup.

Definitely needs a telescoping wheel. SE could be be "gussied up" inside- too plain. Mileage is always a suggested improvement. A light inside the console- too dark to see what's in there, especially since there are hookups for phone, ipods, coins.