2009 Ford Flex Wagon Consumer Reviews 16

2009 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:
Ford Makes a Breakthrough!
By Will's Films C.E.O. on 10/22/08 15:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The all new Ford Flex is just what I have been waiting for from Ford. Ford has mad a tremendous effort to make good styling, comfort, good gas mileage, and advance technology and they achieved all of those goals with the Ford Flex. I am very satisfied with the Sync system. It makes driving and talking on the phone so easy. I was shocked to find so much leg room in the first, second, and third row. And the technology and devices are out of this world amazing. I love the sun roof(s) that are in each seat, navigation system, DVD players, refrigerator, the power outlets, rear view camera, power lifting tailgate, and the heating and cooling seats it surely makes my life a lot funner and easier.

Very pleased
By HRM on 10/10/08 17:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So my husband went in for an oil change on his beloved Mustang a few weeks ago and I ended up with a Flex! We were looking for a new car for me as I am requiring heated seats before moving from GA to Ohio. The consumer reviews were a main selling point. Once he drove it we were sold. It does drive remarkably well. The Sirius is addicting. I am avg height & have not noticed the issue with the headrests. My first drive was going through mountains from KY to GA. I hate driving downhill but felt way more comfortable than in my previous SUV. This week I had to drive home through flooding rain and the car handled as if the roads were dry. People at work stop me to compliment the car.

Funky and Fun
By k. black on 10/05/08 16:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded an 2007 Ford Edge in on an 2009 Ford Flex. I'll be honest, I'm still unsure about the exterior appearance and have taken a lot of ribbing about it being a "midget hearse" but you don't ride on the outside and the interior is awesome.

The Flex Rocks!
By Ludell on 09/26/08 17:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It came down to the Highlander and the Flex. We went with the Flex Limited with the 2nd row bench loaded with everything except for the vista moon roof and couldn't be any happier. For the same price of a Highlander Sport, you can get a top of the line Flex with all the bells and whistles. The car breaks necks everywhere you go and people are constantly asking me questions about it. I never thought I'd ever buy a domestic car, but Ford made me a believer with the excellent quality and styling they used on the Flex. I have a 2004 Pilot and the Flex feels better, looks better, and gets the same MPG. The white roof on the dark metallic blue paint really pops.

JR's Flex Review
By John R. Robinson on 09/24/08 18:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a Ford Flex as our "people mover" for a family of six. Our previous work horses were a Suburban (160K miles) and a Honda Odyssey (130K miles). I loved the Suburban, the Odyssey was adequate, but am wowed so far by the Flex. We opted for 50/50 2nd row seating. This combined with the 50/50 3rd row seating has lead to little to no arguments about who sits in back! (all seats are equally comfortable) The interior features are great. We opted for the sky lights and this really opens up the passenger seating. My wife quickly fell in love with the bluetooth/SYNC capabilities and enjoys hands free cell phone talking while driving. 4500 miles so far and no regrets. A winner!

Great car
By Mark on 09/23/08 20:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is outstanding for the family. Second row room is uncanny. The fuel economy is excellent for such a large vehicle. I recorded 25 MPG on a road trip and averaged about 21 total MPG so far in my travels. The inside of this vehicle is so quiet, it is like driving a Lexus. I wasn't completely sold on it until I drove it. And it can tow my boat (4500 lbs)

Great car with major design flaw!
By Ray Thompson on 09/20/08 10:59 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Most people won't care about this, but there is a design flaw in the Flex. I ordered one and felt the vehicle was ideal for me in most ways. I'm very tall and the headroom and legroom are exceptional. Which is great, except for the fact that a tall person (I'm 6'7") cannot comfortably drive this vehicle! Because it lacks a telescoping steering column, even my long arms are at full extension with no bend at the elbows. This became uncomfortable even during a short drive; during a long trip it would be unbearable.

I love it
By Mike R on 09/17/08 06:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ford Flex rides as smooth as a luxury vehicle. Interior is thoughtfully appointed and the electronics are fantastic. I love Sync, Sirius, and travel link. Blows my friends away when i demonstrate it.

Flex almost perfect
By clanger8525 on 09/16/08 08:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just got our Flex. Took some time as we must have been one of only a few people that wanted the Limited AWD with middle row bench. Came out of an LR3, so we are getting way better mileage. 17-24 is great for a 7 passenger vehicle. Way quieter and a better drive than an 09 Pilot (our only other serious contender) Super comfortable, and the Sync Nav system is awesome. My only complaint - The door clearance is only 9.5 inches, so it's highly likely we'll be scraping the curb on a regular basis. To put this in perspective, my Porsche 911 has 11.5" of clearance - so I consider that a real problem that people should know about when making their buying decisions

Very Happy
By New Car on 09/07/08 09:29 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After looking at crossovers over the past several months, narrowed it down to Flex limited and Mercedes R350. Went with the Flex and could not be happier. Larger feel in the interior, an many more features at a much better price. Also like not having to put in premium! Very happy