Used 2009 Ford Flex Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Great Family Car
By westwood mom

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had this vehicle for two months and very happy. A big improvement over our Acura MDX (which it replaced) in terms of comfort, smoothness of ride, and gas mileage (about 2 mpg better).

Spaciousness of interior, smoothness of ride, uses basic unleaded gas

Recognize that your customer base is families with kids and target your advertisements appropriately

10 months and still in love
By hrm

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our flex for 10+ months and are still thrilled. The ride is amazing. We have taken two vacations in this car and it is extremely comfortable. I feel very connected to the road in this car and never feel the wind as opposed to my previous 4Runner that was difficult to handle in the slightest wind. People still are stopping me and asking me about this car. Easily average 26 mpg on the highway and 18 around town. Fit, finish and performance are still flawless. I am very proud of FORD!

Extreme comfort, Sync, Sirrius, heated seats,storage options in the back.

Can't think of a thing.

One Year - 25000 Miles. Need I say more?
By Country Cruiser

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased car as we moved away from our family. Since have put almost 25000 miles on the car. Issues to date: Cracked passenger 'A' pillar cover, chips from the flat frontal area. Pros: -Great to drive across country. -No DVD player, but use computer w/ 110V outlet and male-to-male 3.5mm audio cord to watch movies with sound system. -Sirius is nice, but a pain to pay for. -Sync works well. -Navigation is better than anything out there. Cons: -Like driving a boat. -No telescoping steering wheel. -No cooled seats. -Gas mileage is so-so. -Luggage space with 6 persons is tight. Overall, satisfied with build quality and features. Just wish it could drive without me steering sometimes!

Refrigerator, 110v outlet, styling

Telescoping steering wheel, cooled seats

Love the Flex
By Jane Nemitz

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned a Ford Windstar and as I now have 2 grandchildren, wanted a car with a bench seat for the second area so as to be able to accommodate the child seats as well as accommodate the parents. Has lots of room, is zippy, and love the style. I can find my car in any parking lot (right now). Head room as well as leg room is fantastic both in the front and second row. Car is quiet on the highway.

Love the interior as well as easy click access to the tailgate. My husband is tall and the leg and head space accommodates both of us. Quiet and tight on the highway.

I have removed the front headrests as I like to sit with my shoulder blades resting on the seat especially for long drives. Too big and bulky to see around. Passenger head rest was a bother for any of my friends who got in. Just put in the same headrests as the second row and it would be perfect.

Best By Far
By Jason

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the Flex after our Dodge Nitro was returned as a lemon. The Flex, which cost us about 3k more than the Nitro, is so much nicer I cannot put it into words. The ride is ultra quiet and interior feels very upscale. We test drove the Acadia, Traverse, Pilot and Highlander and the Flex stood out. Gas mileage on an all highway trip was 26mpg+. Averaging 19+ around town. Telescoping steering wheel would have been nice, but I can adjust the seat to accomodate (6'2"). 2nd row is huge. Love this car, I would definitely recommend.

Power Lift Gate, Sync, 3rd row seats flip backwards so you can tailgate/watch drive in movies, etc. and relax. Smooth ride. Sony stereo is very good for factory stereo. Interior Materials. Two-Tone Roof. Tons of headroom....TONS.

Telescoping steering wheel. The Eco- Boost engine (2010?) will make it a really big, really fun car.