2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:
This is a well built vehicle.
By cpd on 12/14/08 19:01 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my FWD Limited for three weeks now but have already put 1500 miles on it. I traded my 2002 530 BMW for this vehicle because I wanted a vehicle that that had more rear leg room for the kids and the sports stuff they need to haul around. The first time I got behind the wheel it was like, I can't believe this is a Ford, the fit and finish is first class and it is quieter than my old BMW. The interior space is limo like, no more kids complaining about leg room. The vista roof is awsome but I will miss using my roof top cargo carrier( no roof rails with the large glass panels, if you are traveling with more than four, there is not much room behind the third seat. Highy recommend

Wow!
By Steve on 12/09/08 15:00 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the best driving, most comfortable, fun to drive vehicle I have ever been in. The voice activated nav system is a breeze to master, and the comfort of the seats is 2nd to none. Room to spare and very quite inside. No engine or road noise. This is a winner for Ford!

Very Happy Owner
By TJHahn on 12/08/08 23:48 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We were not completely sold on the Flex because of the boxy design. The test drive sold us within the first minute! This car is incredibly comfortable, offers outstanding build and material quality and even with AWD, still delivers a combined mpg of 19. Ford has proven that they can still build a great American car with attributes beyond the foreign offerings. At only 5 days old, someone hit our Flex while my wife was driving, she didn't even feel the impact. She only knew that someone hit her because she saw the other car (a Camry) literally bounce off the Flex. We'd drive through a hurricane in this thing!

Ford's great cars
By Mel Hiller on 12/04/08 13:15 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Every thing about Ford Flex Limited is exceptional. It looks huge but is actually no longer, maybe wider by inches than my 2006 Freestyle SEL. I love the way it handles and so quiet!

Happy Customer
By Tink on 12/02/08 18:40 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is great, we searched high and low and we found nothing that had as much style, comfort and interior size. Beyond all that it is very cool, incredible retro look, great sound system and well designed nav/data system. I have already had the misfortune of being in an accident, I was smashed almost head on by a VW. The other car was destroyed and I barely felt anything. I was stunned at how hard a hit this car took (the police officer was very impressed) and I was still able to (sadly) drive it to the shop. We are not easy to please but the Flex did what Audi, Volvo and Honda were unable to do - make us very happy customers!

The Near-perfect Family Cruising Vehicle
By Charles from Canada on 11/28/08 06:17 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I tested them all. Replaces LR3 and before that Honda Pilot. Blows both those cars out of the water in almost every way. Space, space, space, comfort, drivability, features, practicality, fit and finish, design are all superb. Never seen a Ford like this before. Did a couple road trips with the wife and 2 kids and it was amazing for everyone. Separate seats and huge storage bin in the back for kids. Bought with separate screens in headrests so each kid could watch a movie of choice or my daughter could plug in laptap in 110V plug or son could plug in Game cube to screen. Comfortable seats, smooth drive, feeling of safety, great nav/sat radio for the adults. Outstanding vehicle!

Very Fun Vehicle
By Jon Grant on 11/23/08 19:34 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wow! I am so pleased with my new Flex. My family needs a lot of room and seating capacity. Our last vehicle was a 1994 Ford conversion van. We were looking for vehicle with better gas milage. Our van gets 12 mpg around town. We drove a lot of other SUV's and crossover's. They were all the same. I drove the Flex and was immediately impressed with the excellent layout and comfort of the interior. Ford has alot of really cool stuff like SYNC and free Sirius service for 6 months. I was suprised how much seating room the Flex has even in the third row. But the styling of the exterior makes me grin every time I look at it. I cant express how happy I am with my Flex, I highly recomend this vehicle

Ex Ford Hater
By Chuck from Kansas on 11/09/08 06:43 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I will start by saying that I am a retired automobile salesman. (28 yrs) I have own many new/used cars, mostly foreign. My wife picked the Flex, I reluctantly went along with it. After an 8 week wait for our ordered Flex, it was finally here. It was well worth the wait, and I believe it will certainly change my opinion of Ford products. We ordered a FWD limited with Nav. The Nav system will do everything but cook lunch for you. The SYNC system is surprisingly simple to operate. The second row legroom is outstanding. This car, in my opinion, is a much smoother, quieter ride than the 07 Toyota Sienna we traded in. Dont know about the mpg yet, but should be as good or better than Sienna.

What a transporter!
By RM on 11/05/08 16:36 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wonderful vehicle that keeps getting better. This vehicle is very quiet on the road especially on the highway. Speed control best I have ever used. The transmission is truly flawless. The ride is well controlled and steering precise. I have owned many high marque brands including BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, and a VW Phaeton. Ford has done a tremendous job with this vehicle. Presently averaging 23 mpg with city and highway miles. Anyone interested in a people mover/ luxury drive not so full of pomp but great fun to drive should check this vehicle out.

Even Better Than I Expected
By Hazz on 11/02/08 05:36 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this vehicle for practical reasons but have been impressed with how comfortable and fun to drive it is. It receives constant glances and questions - and all of them have been very favorable.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Flex in VA is:

$130 per month*