Used 2009 Ford Flex Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Flex Wagon

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Flexing my flex
By jason weatherly

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our dreams came true when my wife and I adopted our 4th child making us a family of six and too big for our vehicles. We always thought that the Flex was beautifully stylish so here was our chance to be practical and stylish with one vehicle. We now have plenty of room with style and comfort showing on everyone's face!

Favorite Features

Everything about the flex is tough but beautiful.

Suggested Improvements

Offer a matching luggage trailer.

Drive a Flex and You will buy it, I did!
By Randy from Quad City

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love this car! We test drove the Flex and that was all it took to say "we'll buy it!" Our last car was a Toyota Avalon, but the Flex simply is a better ride. My wife and I are getting older so we wanted comfort, which the Flex excels at for both short trips around town and long trips when we visit our grandchildren 300 miles away. We use the built in Travel Link to check Live Weather Radar, Gas station prices and local movie listings! Cool! So many people have stopped us to ask about the Flex and told us they love the look! Even the 20 something bank teller at the drive through this week. Definitely a head turner with the white roof! Our friends all want to drive our car!

Favorite Features

Comfortable Interior, Incredible Ride, Sync hands free cell phone, Easy to get in and out because its low to the ground, Head turning looks, Power flip back 2nd row seats, 4 Sunroofs, 3 row seating for seven Adults. Weather radar, gas station prices and movie listings using the built in Travel Link.

Love our Flex
By First time Ford

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have been driving VW (she) and Audi (he) product for over 10 years now. We had our first baby and needed a lot more room for passengers (Mom & Dad, Grand-Ma & Grand-Pa plus baby),The Flex caught our eye; we loved the styling and pricing. The interior lighting is VERY cool, the seats are VERY comfortable, the cabin is quiet the AC is cold and strong. Have limited AWD with white roof / cinnamon body. I was disappointed to see the overspray of white paint when open rear hatch, no telescopic steering wheel. Overall, we think we will drive this Flex for many years, and will likely purchase another one when the time comes. Vista roof is a must. Cargo area (rear seats folded down) carpet not great

Favorite Features

Center console and controls - easy to use. Vista roof is very nice. Navigation with back-up camera is a must. Interchangeable interior lighting accents are fun. LOTS of cup holders and storage - well done! Courtesy lights under exterior mirrors are a life-saver.

Suggested Improvements

Telescopic steering wheel would be an asset. Paint quality control (overspray). Could use accent lighting in rear doors, to see where handles are. Fuel consumption not as good as I thought or expected. Middle row seat latches difficult to release. Middle seat belt does not always release easily.

Ford hit it off real good...
By Vinnie

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a must ....We love our Flex,,,This car is smooth driving and great in handling not to mention how much room it has on the inside...Leaving for vacation in 2 weeks and we are really looking forward taking the Flex with all the room in it for 5 people we will all be very comfortable for the ride.

Favorite Features

Lots and Lots of room ... This is the easiest car to get in and out of with its oversize doors and being lower to the ground my mother who is 89 also has no problem getting in and out ...

Suggested Improvements

None at this time...

Still loving it
By chuck from kansas

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wrote my first review 11/08 when Flex was first purchased. Flex (Ford) has made a believer of me. I am a retired automobile sales representative and sold and drove imports.(Honda,Toyota, Nissan). Without hesitation, I would put the quality, reliability and ride of Flex against any of them. I keep looking to find some small flaw, but so far-nothing have shown. I couldn't see any way the Flex could have been improved, but Ford managed to do it with the 2010 Flex. I have never in my life been so impressed with any one car. P.S. I sold and drove the imports for almost 30 years.

Favorite Features

Size of navigation screen. Makes other ones appear to be the size of postage stamps. Outstanding 2nd row legroom. Ride is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

2010 Flex taking care of many of them.