2009 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:
Flex Findings at 1500miles
By Pete V. on 01/25/09 09:13 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My first impression was it's a mini hearse or Mini on steroids. It evokes a strong reaction which is mellowed after driving it. We like driving the Flex but it becomes painful on longer trips due to the lack of steering wheel length adjustment. Our fuel mileage ranges between 13-15 mpg which is of concern and not fully acknowledged by the dealer. The nav, audio, heater system and display is inoperative at cold temps (mid 20'sF) until the vehicle interior warms up. A repair of the rear exterior appliqué panel was required. Folding seat locks need a second adjustment to work properly. Overall we like it and hope to get the bugs fixed soon.

Real Solid Vehicle
By JLC on 01/20/09 08:34 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

With two young kids and a few more nieces/nephews we can carry/haul all we really want to with this car. So far the car has been a delight to own. We feel very safe riding/driving in it. I'd recommend (with one stipulation - see improvements) it to anyone. All-in-all though it really is a good solid vehicle.

Merry Christmas to Me
By clteach1 on 01/10/09 16:18 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. My husband and I were Christmas shopping and stopped to test drive a Flex just for the heck of it. We had no intention of buying one. We were just very curious as it looked so different. We were immediately sold. It is so comfortable. We had a Christmas trip planned from NH to Kentucky with our 5 kids and were a little leary of making such a trip in an unfamiliar car. It turned out to be our best trip ever. The kids didn't complain once and driving it was such a pleasure. It certainly made a 27 hour trip a lot less stressful. I think this was my best Christmas present ever.

Ford has made a great car/crossover
By Rick on 01/09/09 16:11 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a real winner. Ford did almost everything right. Great engine, great interior and very well equipped in the Ltd model. Exterior is different, but special. For as large of a car as the Flex, the gas mileage is pretty good.

Love this Vehicle
By OlyVenture on 01/08/09 16:34 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is quickly becomming one of the best cars I have ever had. Very comfortable and quiet, decent gas millage, great electronic features, tons of room and awesome in all weather. I got around everywhere in snow and ice when western Washington was hit with storms.

First American Car
By brian numkena on 01/05/09 19:06 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first American Car (I bought Nissan and Toyota in past), so I hope the quality is better than my parent's Grand AM (ruined my view of American Cars). The Flex rides smooth, looks nice and manuavers the road well. So far I average about 23 MPG, a disappointment comming from driving a Scion XB at 28 MPG. I bought for more room and safety issues when driving from Arizona to Californa. I have to say it is impressive, but then again I like to buy the base models because I don't want to pay for repairs of the electronics if they break. I hope my Ford Flex lives up to the quality standards Ford has been claiming. If it doesn't then this will be the first and last American car I buy.

Ford Flex is Outstanding!
By Mickey Ranyes on 01/05/09 13:57 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a very pleasant surprise from Ford. We chose after a test ride and paid $29,800 out the door. Second and third row legroom is very strong. Vehicle tracks perfectly straight on highway! Safety for rollover on an SUV has to be tops with this car, as center of gravity is lower. Can't believe how much this auto has won us over. Ford is definitely heading in the right direction. Very proud we dropped Mercedes and saved $60,000.

Fords Come-Back Vehicle
By brockstar on 01/05/09 11:21 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

All I have to say is wow. I love this car. never thought I would buy a Ford vehicle. I went to the dealership to look at the vehicle and test drive it. It was the first vehicle I looked at. From that moment I had to have it. I have had Mercedes, VW, and Honda in the past. This car drives as nice as the Mercedes did. Ford you did good.

Flex my Christmas Present
By Bigg Will on 12/23/08 14:20 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my new Flex SEL (previously owned by George The Iceman Gervin). The bold new look is great, I love being different and the Ford Flex's design is just that. The comfort of the seats and the ah of the interior are excellent. Even though the vehicle is not that high and appears to be low to the ground, once inside the vehicle you feel like you are in a standard size SUV. The stereo system is wonderful and the hands free sync system is a great addition also. I welcome the tight turning ratio of the car, it mirrors my Volvo XC90. he ride is firm, sturdy and comfortable, a lot of fun to drive. I turn heads everywhere I go! Never thought I would own an American made automobile!

You make excuses to go for a drive
By Bob Rivera on 12/17/08 20:31 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Everybody loves the Flex, the kids always want to go for a ride. Most of the time, a new car is just transportation but this vehicle looks great and rides smooth. I park it in the driveway and neighbors stop and look at it with wonder. A new Honda van would never stop traffic, but this does. If more people drove it they would fall in love with this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Flex Wagon in VA is:

$131 per month*