Used 2009 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Lovin it so far!
By NewOwner-in-Orlando

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Extremely comfortable with exception of the headrests which tilt too far forward. Easily remedied by reclining the seat slightly. I've had people ask me if they can peak inside the car because they love the outside and need to look further. Always lots of ooooooo's and ahhhhhhhh's. I've noticed I get the best gas mileage by using the setting with the display that shows when I'm driving in the most fuel efficient way. I drive mostly in town and get around 14 mpg. My husband on the other hand who is more of a hurry- to-the-traffic light kind of driver gets around 11 mpg. Highway average seems to be around 20mpg.

The most comfortable seats of any vehicle we tested. Love the roominess, the Sync feature for handsfree, the "standard" outlet in the back, numerous cup holders, usb port for jump drives loaded with music, the list goes on and on!

Change the headrest angle. If it's uncomfortable and the driver has to tilt their seat back further does it defeat the purpose for safety? Add a jack for headphones in the back.

Windshield
By claris

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have to agree with the other reviewer, I have had my Flex 1 month and have had the windshield crack 2 times! We were only going 20 miles an hour the last time. We don't live in rocky area and we were not going fast either time. Seems like some sort of defect in the glass, I have never had this happen before. I feel like my insurance co is going to start thinking I'm doing something shady! :) When we picked the car up at the dealer the Vista Roof glass was cracked and had to be repaired so technically we are on our 3rd glass repair in a month. We love the car other than that.

roomy and fun

Windshield - somethings up, never had a windshield crack this easy - 2 cracks in 4 weeks!

Flexing my flex
By jason weatherly

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our dreams came true when my wife and I adopted our 4th child making us a family of six and too big for our vehicles. We always thought that the Flex was beautifully stylish so here was our chance to be practical and stylish with one vehicle. We now have plenty of room with style and comfort showing on everyone's face!

Everything about the flex is tough but beautiful.

Offer a matching luggage trailer.

Drive a Flex and You will buy it, I did!
By Randy from Quad City

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love this car! We test drove the Flex and that was all it took to say "we'll buy it!" Our last car was a Toyota Avalon, but the Flex simply is a better ride. My wife and I are getting older so we wanted comfort, which the Flex excels at for both short trips around town and long trips when we visit our grandchildren 300 miles away. We use the built in Travel Link to check Live Weather Radar, Gas station prices and local movie listings! Cool! So many people have stopped us to ask about the Flex and told us they love the look! Even the 20 something bank teller at the drive through this week. Definitely a head turner with the white roof! Our friends all want to drive our car!

Comfortable Interior, Incredible Ride, Sync hands free cell phone, Easy to get in and out because its low to the ground, Head turning looks, Power flip back 2nd row seats, 4 Sunroofs, 3 row seating for seven Adults. Weather radar, gas station prices and movie listings using the built in Travel Link.

Love our Flex
By First time Ford

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have been driving VW (she) and Audi (he) product for over 10 years now. We had our first baby and needed a lot more room for passengers (Mom & Dad, Grand-Ma & Grand-Pa plus baby),The Flex caught our eye; we loved the styling and pricing. The interior lighting is VERY cool, the seats are VERY comfortable, the cabin is quiet the AC is cold and strong. Have limited AWD with white roof / cinnamon body. I was disappointed to see the overspray of white paint when open rear hatch, no telescopic steering wheel. Overall, we think we will drive this Flex for many years, and will likely purchase another one when the time comes. Vista roof is a must. Cargo area (rear seats folded down) carpet not great

Center console and controls - easy to use. Vista roof is very nice. Navigation with back-up camera is a must. Interchangeable interior lighting accents are fun. LOTS of cup holders and storage - well done! Courtesy lights under exterior mirrors are a life-saver.

Telescopic steering wheel would be an asset. Paint quality control (overspray). Could use accent lighting in rear doors, to see where handles are. Fuel consumption not as good as I thought or expected. Middle row seat latches difficult to release. Middle seat belt does not always release easily.

• SUV