Used 2009 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Commercial Sold Me
By Carol A.

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I agree with other rerviews. Car is a head turner. I am frequently asked how I like the car & if they can peek inside. I had to have the two-tone cinnamon & white after seeing how sharp it looked on the commercial. Love interior space & have taken road trips with passengers in 2nd row who loved leg room. Headrests are uncomfortable because they tilt forward too much, but it could be because I am not that tall, (5ft. 3in.). Transmission shifts rough in lower speeds & car jerks forward when shifting. Haven't read that problem in other reviews so I don't know if it is just my car. After 2 mo. passenger door lock started giving problems does not always open. Inconvenient for driver to reach over

Exterior design. Somewhat reminds me of a Woody. Just need a surfboard! Sync. Great fo making phone calls and using ipod. Space inside.

Transmission needs to be adjusted for a smoother shifting transition. Door lock. Headrest adjusted.

a great vacation ride
By Victor Carter

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car in November,2008. We took it to Woodstock, Maine in the worst of weather with 5 adults and winter clothes, skis and such. We went to Niagra for the newyears fireworks show after skiing. Then we came home. We got 23.4 worst and 24.3 was our best milage. We drove it to Cape Cod to see the whales this spring. We got about the same milage. We had 5 adults and bagage for 10 days. My Wife and I took it to Moab, Utah and had a great time. We got 24.7 MPG on that trip. Only two people. I can't find anything I don't like about the car. You will not believe the power the V6 has!

Blue tooth works well with little road noise coming over the phone. Rear heat and air. It looks soooo coool!

It could ride a little better but I do not want to give up any of the handleing. It drives and hangs on the road like a sports car.

Nice but a few problems
By Chuck

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

At first we thought the vehicle was great but as time goes on I noticed that the ride was alot harder than my previous Jeeps. I know everybody raves about the smooth ride but I can't get used to the hard ride in this vehicle. Also there is a rattle coming from the steering wheel when going over bumps, I think it is the horn button. Overall it is a good car and except for the hard ride and the rattle.

Sync, roomy interior, styling, fuel economy

Better ride quality, telescoping steering wheel.

Good but already some problems
By Jason

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Within 1500 miles of driving off the lot, our Flex started making a high pitch sound out of the back of the car. It can be heard about 30 ft away and recently has grown loud enough to be heard within the car [if the radio is off]. When we took the car in to be fixed the dealer told us that it was the fuel pump. They called Ford and Ford told the dealer that the pump it is within the fuel pumps specs to make a high pitch whistle - so tough luck. As mentioned before, the whistle is growing louder, so maybe when our ears start to bleed Ford may change their mind, until then I tell everyone who asks how much we regret the purchase.

Interior space, comfortable seating.

Customer service. Seems like Ford had a space to get ahead with the other Big 2 in bankruptcy, but they have just left us shaking our heads. Also, the Sync feature is all but useless. Our family plays a game where we say an artists name that is on our ipod and guess/laugh on how bad the response is

Lovin it so far!
By NewOwner-in-Orlando

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Extremely comfortable with exception of the headrests which tilt too far forward. Easily remedied by reclining the seat slightly. I've had people ask me if they can peak inside the car because they love the outside and need to look further. Always lots of ooooooo's and ahhhhhhhh's. I've noticed I get the best gas mileage by using the setting with the display that shows when I'm driving in the most fuel efficient way. I drive mostly in town and get around 14 mpg. My husband on the other hand who is more of a hurry- to-the-traffic light kind of driver gets around 11 mpg. Highway average seems to be around 20mpg.

The most comfortable seats of any vehicle we tested. Love the roominess, the Sync feature for handsfree, the "standard" outlet in the back, numerous cup holders, usb port for jump drives loaded with music, the list goes on and on!

Change the headrest angle. If it's uncomfortable and the driver has to tilt their seat back further does it defeat the purpose for safety? Add a jack for headphones in the back.