Used 2009 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews - 183 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

The worst build car
By JJS

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Five major parts are crumbling, peeling off or broken five months after I bought a new Ford Flex. I take good care of my cars,This should not happen to a new car. I contacted the dealer as well as Ford and I got very little in care or concern. I don't feel that I should fix a new car with so much dysfunctional elements happening, they should replace the Flex.

Sound system.

Exterior body.

Nice work Ford, keep it up
By Ben

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had the car about a year now and have made at least a dozen long distance trips. This car is very comfortable and I'm really surprised and impressed with the quality, especially the interior and the smooth quiet ride. The gas mileage has met expectations 19/24. The SYNC system with stereo are the best Nav/audio I have seen in any car and the cargo capacity is great. I am finishing my basement and just loaded 40 ten foot 2x4s. That's possible because of the ingenious fold flat seats (including the front passenger). When all the seats are folded down, they create a nice flat planar surface. Another nice feature is all the heat room. I'm 6' tall and still have 6 inches above my head!

The sunroof and 3 additional sky lights are nice. The SYNC nav/audio is unmatched. Kind of silly, but I really love the 10 cup holders! Rear camera and powered rear door. Leather seats are very comfortable. If its a feature, the interior roominess is my overall favorite.

Maybe a window that can open on the rear door/hatch.

front end sounds
By Judy

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my flex in August have heard a noise under the front of the car occasionally since. It sounds like the brakes are going out & the rotors are rubbing.Sometimes feels like it grads a bit when i put the brakes on. I had it looked at once so far they say nothing is wrong. I will keep checking. I traded in a 2006 expedition fully loaded for a simplier model to help on mileage and overall money expenses. I love it I only miss the 4 wheel drive. I do have an issue with the little panels behind the door handle on the interior of the car. they have popped off three times so far. Seems a bit cheezy.I do not like the headrest angle doesn't work well for short people makes my head lean forward.

I love the comfort except the headrest, I love the ride and comfort, my husband is 6'4 and loves this car better than my expedition.

Fix the headrest angle,the cheezy inserts behind the interior door handle. Love the style of the exterior.

Commercial Sold Me
By Carol A.

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I agree with other rerviews. Car is a head turner. I am frequently asked how I like the car & if they can peek inside. I had to have the two-tone cinnamon & white after seeing how sharp it looked on the commercial. Love interior space & have taken road trips with passengers in 2nd row who loved leg room. Headrests are uncomfortable because they tilt forward too much, but it could be because I am not that tall, (5ft. 3in.). Transmission shifts rough in lower speeds & car jerks forward when shifting. Haven't read that problem in other reviews so I don't know if it is just my car. After 2 mo. passenger door lock started giving problems does not always open. Inconvenient for driver to reach over

Exterior design. Somewhat reminds me of a Woody. Just need a surfboard! Sync. Great fo making phone calls and using ipod. Space inside.

Transmission needs to be adjusted for a smoother shifting transition. Door lock. Headrest adjusted.

a great vacation ride
By Victor Carter

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car in November,2008. We took it to Woodstock, Maine in the worst of weather with 5 adults and winter clothes, skis and such. We went to Niagra for the newyears fireworks show after skiing. Then we came home. We got 23.4 worst and 24.3 was our best milage. We drove it to Cape Cod to see the whales this spring. We got about the same milage. We had 5 adults and bagage for 10 days. My Wife and I took it to Moab, Utah and had a great time. We got 24.7 MPG on that trip. Only two people. I can't find anything I don't like about the car. You will not believe the power the V6 has!

Blue tooth works well with little road noise coming over the phone. Rear heat and air. It looks soooo coool!

It could ride a little better but I do not want to give up any of the handleing. It drives and hangs on the road like a sports car.