Used 2009 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:
From a Mini Van to a FLEX
By MEM on 03/08/09 19:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first American Car I have ever purchased and I am tickled Flex! I traded a Toyota Sienna Mini Van & have never looked back. The only thing I thought I *might miss are the sliding doors but it turns out the Flex doors are so wide it's easy enough for the kiddos to get in and out. People stop and ask me about it wherever I go because there aren't many out there. I def think the white roof on colored body makes it! This purchase was supposed to be for my hubby and yet in the end, I won. He loves it so much that we are thinking about buying a second Flex with a few less options. There is not one thing that I don't like about this car.

Love My Flex
By FordLover on 03/03/09 16:12 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was online as soon as I saw the first TV commercial for the Flex. Finally, they brought back the Luxury Wagon! This is not a mini-van. The owner reviews at Edmunds.com regarding the comfort, quiet, details etc. inspired a test drive and purchase. This is a wonderfully comfortable car! It is a luxury sedan with room in the back! It handles smoothly. I am impressed with everything Ford included in this package. For the past year, I had been feeling forced to look at different makes, models and styles that I didn't LOVE because it was time for a new car. So glad I held out. Love My Flex!

Gotta drive it!
By Flex It in GA on 03/03/09 09:59 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A friend told me to try it out and it was love at first drive! Got a great deal but then the issues started - body panels out of alignment, shimmy in front end upon braking, large paint chip, brake fluid leak, Sync electronics went dead in two days - all on a car with 9 miles on it! After 3 days in the shop, all bugs have been fixed and this car can run with the best of them at a great price. Mileage higher than posted both town & highway, comfort features galore, unbelievable Sony stereo, but we too opted for a $10 cooler instead of the $730 refrigerator. When you go to the dealer to drive one, have your trade cleaned out and ready, 'cuz you won't want to leave the lot without it!

Great Car for Families
By M Solfronk on 02/26/09 08:56 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love our SE equipped with Sync and self folding 2nd row chairs. The ride is fluid and the gas mileage is reasonable for the size of the vehicle. The interior is very nice and the Sync system worked as advertised. Front and Second Row legroom is expansive and I've even sat in the third row myself. Its a little more tight but you can usefully carry around adults back there for longer stretches. The steering wheel needs to telescope for my 6'3" frame. Other than that I highly recommend reviewing.

Love at first sight? Not really, but...
By GeeMan on 02/25/09 14:42 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A solid home run from Ford Motor Company. When I first saw pictures of the Flex, I didn't get it. It was polarizing. But that was the genius the designers were going for. You either loved it, or hated it. Initially I was stuck right in the middle i.e. don't love it, but don't hate it either. But the more I saw the vehicle, it started to grow on me. Then I had an opportunity to ride in one, boy did my feelings change immediately! From that point forward it was , 'I want one.' So I bought one. Turns out to be one of the best purchase decision I've ever made. What a fabulous vehicle. Don't believe me? Drive one.

The Worst Vehicle I owned In 24 Yrs.
By vs on 02/24/09 10:50 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought 09 Flex on 1/21/09. From day one the truck was a nightmare. The truck spent more time in service than any car I driven in 24 years. The truck has a problem with its trans seals which leak. Brought it in to have it fixed only to have a worse leak. My husband had to bring it back because he said it could catch on fire. It has a problem with the brakes which make a noise and feel like something is wrong when braking. At first I was told that this is normal for a Ford but after insisting that it be rechecked. I was told to use my emergency brakes if I couldn't stop

Falling in love is so easy to do
By Gee Man on 02/16/09 11:45 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love at first sight? Nah, quite the opposite. But that were it starts, rather than ends. It's somewhat analogous to the smirk you received when you caught the eye of a beautiful girl, who later falls head over heels in love with you. Neither of you saw it coming. Experiencing the Flex is a discovery of why, as teenager, you wanted to get behind the wheel and drive. Why? Because it was fun! Lot's of fun. That's the Flex. Fun, fun, fun. Ford's competitive advantage in the area of electronics shines through like a stoic lighthouse in the darkest of night! There's enough technical features to satisfy even the most ardent technophile. As Ford's tagline emotes, 'Drive One.'

FLEX is Awesome! Germans Want Twice Cash
By Marco Palm on 02/08/09 18:37 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Oh My God, this truck rides like a $100,000 BMW. We just returned from Jacksonville back to Virgina, and could not believe the ride, stability, awesome visibility. Absolutely freaking love this Ford Flex.

Most fun car out there
By sty on 01/27/09 21:09 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It reminded me of those "Woody" surfer wagons. It's a perfect combination of all the electronics you can want, plus cargo space. We have an infant and two Jack Russells, and sometimes pack bikes. Traded an Infiniti FX that was loaded and this was 10K less but had virtually everything the FX had, except for the V8. What it did add was space, a retro cool look, the great SYNC system. This was my first American car in 30 years and I would have to say Ford is now up there with the Japanese and Germans. The only option I laid off was the 760 dollar refrigerator, opting instead for a 5 dollar cooler. Great roof windows, too.

Never thought I'd own a Ford
By Lovin' my Flex on 01/26/09 15:30 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I wasn't convinced on Ford cars/trucks or SUVs so I did my homework and Ford is comparable to Toyota and Honda as far as reliability. I love how the style is unique and different. I get excited knowing there aren't that many of them on the road. We took a road trip the day after purchasing the Flex and it was so much fun discovering all the cool things the car has to offer. It is a lot of fun to drive and it's great that my husband wants to drive my car now!