Used 2009 Ford Flex Limited Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

09 Ltd had it 1 1/2 yrs; starting to act like a lemon
By gelene

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

i LOVE this car's comfort, style, buttons & cup holders where you need them.. ford always does a great job w/ that.. BUT UNDER THE HOOD.. not so much.. :( after the last 2 fords (tauras & CV) i SWORE no more.. but loved the flex.. however its true colors are showing.. @25K already needed new tires, @30K newed brake & lifetime rotors replaced!?? 46K a/c is going out..WHAT?!! let me stress..we take it to the dealer & don't drive our cars hard, get regular oil changes, rotations, etc. my toyota scion has 100K & only needed 1 set of tires & brakes @50K.. and NEVER needed anything else NOTHING!!! come on ford america, we can do better!

vista roof and sync, overall type/body type.. of ALL the cars we drove, and there were many.. it was the ONLY sedan/SUV where 3rd row was TOTALLy comfortable.. like a regular full seat..

suggested improvements...just make the darn thing to last & work like it is supposed to.. i'm afraid to ride in it just like i was in our crown vic b/c every time you turned around something else wasn't working.. or stopped working way earlier than the user's manual says...even when you take it in and do all the stuff you are supposed to do, when you are supposed to do it.. i'm fearful of how much extra the next 50K miles is going to cost us...

Bad deal
By jam

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Managers Special with 4500 miles on it. Within 2 weeks the engine light went on. I have been back 4x and they hope they get it right this time. Right Caliper/breaks had to be changed. Gears rub between 3th and 4th, knocking in engine? No real good explanations they just keep blaming on modules and sensors. OH and the drivers seat making noises, they order parts, but are missing some. Have to bring it back again? OH car was in for service at 2300 miles when the Manager had it ( at least 2-3 x)!

roomy and plush. drives quietly when it's not broken.

Well FORD whatcha going to do? Give me the runaround for $40,000??

Brakes: problems with front
By szudejko

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this Flex from Ganley Ford in Ohio in May 2009. Like it very much, good ride,MPG on highway is in the middle 20's. One problem was the front brake, it sounded like it was intermittently scraping. That (GANLEY FORD) replaced front brakes at 6000 miles free. Still had the sound so back to the service department and another road test with the Tech. We determined it wasn't the actual brake but the mounting system holding the pads...new parts we ordered and upon their arrival they were installed. No more problems. This is a great family highway cruiser and we have traveled to over 35 States with the grand-kids and friends very comfortably. I love the LTD's 6 way driver's seat.

GPS is standard on the model and wife sync's her phone which a big plus. Love the Sirius radio and jukebox system

Would like a bit more horsepower for a towing package option.

Caliper problems
By Gail Johnson

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle used from our local dealership. It had 24,701 miles on it. The second day of ownership, I came out of this driveway, a terrible squealing sound happened. I stopped and backed up as I thought I ran over a branch, and went ahead again. The car squealed off an on the rest of my route. I thought it was my brakes but service said they were perfectly fine. It still squealed but now I have a burning smell. Took it back and service said the left rear caliper was locking up and replaced it. Brought it back home parked it in the garage got out and smelled the burning smell again and the wheel was too hot to touch. Service has it again. Not happy.

spacious and like the rear camera

Really Bummed
By Brent Dyer

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So let's start with the brakes. Horrible brake sound when backing up. Grinding noise in the front. I took it in and they said I have to pay after 15k miles. Then the second time I took it in they said that the brakes were dirty. Horrible wind noise. Have major trans problems. Revs up to 6k rpm and I have to pull over and stop. (no, I did not touch the shifter). Took it in and they said nothing is wrong. I am taking it in again tomorrow for the 4th time in 5 months. I am tired of this and I don't have time to deal with this anymore. I am just going to be told that there is nothing wrong. Is anybody listening? I am very frustrated and no longer feel safe

Love the look.

too many plastic parts on the outside. They started to rattle after 5 months. Poorly engineered, bad wind noise and poor brake and trans