Used 2009 Ford Flex SEL Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

No Support From Ford
By swaldron

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this new in 2009 and overall have been please with the vehicle. However, I had to rate build quality and reliability low here due to the following: at about 30K (warranty) it needed a new front hub & bearing; at 44K it then needed a right rear caliper ($500). We were very disappointed that the dealer would not contact Ford about what they could do about the caliper (I currently also have 2 GM vehicles with well over 100K miles on them with original hubs and calipers!). The dealer had the nerve to tell me that he had a concern about using aftermarket calipers... I just looked at him and said "really, right now I have to pay $500 to fix a Ford OEM caliper!" Going back to GM!

Very comfortable and well designed interior. Great driving... what a Lincoln station wagon would be like!

Have Ford stand behind their brake problems with these vehicles... this could have been a very dangerous situation!

Love the ride but the brakes...
By lynnderlou

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have 52k on the car and the rear brakes are having to be worked on again. They are telling me that it is the "elements", if Michigan driving is a problem for the brakes on this car they may have a few problems to work out! The rear parking sensor has stopped working, and is not covered under warranty, too many blind spots for this short girl to try and navigate blindly!Love the ride and comfort of the car but i think i will have to move on from my first and probably last ford vehicle.

ride, interior space and comfort

braking system. audio for sync calls.

Loved it and now would like it to stay out of the shop....
By stew2730

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Totally disappointed, I have previously posted two very flattering reviews of this car and now need to retract those as well as apologize to all who stopped me and asked me about this car. Have had my Flex for 2 1/2 years and have put 45k miles on it. About 10 days ago it began running hot, ended up being in the shop for almost 9 days. Have had the car back for 8 days and it started running hot in traffic on our way to dinner tonight. We had to park the car and hope it will still be there Monday so we can have it towed to yet another dealership! Going back to a Japanese car after this!

Reliability would be a great feature. We have a Toyota 4Runner, now driven by a college student, that has been all over the country and probably abused in some ways.... The Toyota has never had any issues beyond regular maintenance.

Best Car Ever
By Betty Farmer

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I have been married 37 years and have always been Ford owners. The best purchase ever is the Ford Flex. We like to travel and the ride and comfort in the Flex makes the trip enjoyable and relaxing. Our family and friends have alot of precious memories spent together traveling in the Flex. We tell everyone how much we "love" our Flex and recommend it as a great car to purchase. I can't wait for Ford to offer another 0% financing on the Flex so I can purchase a new one to enjoy. I don't understand why Ford does not advertise the "Flex" because to me it is the best car on the road.

Very easy driving; comfortable seating; big enough but not too big; Sirius radio; miles per gallon; rides fantastic.

Headrests on front 2 seats - they stick out too much and is very uncomfortable. The phone needs improving - I don't use mine anymore because it would not work correctly and people on the other end couldn't understand me. Would not get one in another car. Not worth the money.

Ongoing brake problems
By wtex

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In one year Ford has tried to fix brakes 7 times to no avail. The make grinding and rubbing noises when applied. Locked up one time on my wife. This problem is also present in Lincoln and Ford models because they all share the same brakes according to service manager .

I'm tall and back seat is very roomy

fix brakes and add telescoping steering column