2009 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:
09 Ltd had it 1 1/2 yrs; starting to act like a lemon
By gelene on 07/23/11 09:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

i LOVE this car's comfort, style, buttons & cup holders where you need them.. ford always does a great job w/ that.. BUT UNDER THE HOOD.. not so much.. :( after the last 2 fords (tauras & CV) i SWORE no more.. but loved the flex.. however its true colors are showing.. @25K already needed new tires, @30K newed brake & lifetime rotors replaced!?? 46K a/c is going out..WHAT?!! let me stress..we take it to the dealer & don't drive our cars hard, get regular oil changes, rotations, etc. my toyota scion has 100K & only needed 1 set of tires & brakes @50K.. and NEVER needed anything else NOTHING!!! come on ford america, we can do better!

Bad deal
By jam on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Managers Special with 4500 miles on it. Within 2 weeks the engine light went on. I have been back 4x and they hope they get it right this time. Right Caliper/breaks had to be changed. Gears rub between 3th and 4th, knocking in engine? No real good explanations they just keep blaming on modules and sensors. OH and the drivers seat making noises, they order parts, but are missing some. Have to bring it back again? OH car was in for service at 2300 miles when the Manager had it ( at least 2-3 x)!

Brakes: problems with front
By szudejko on 08/13/10 10:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this Flex from Ganley Ford in Ohio in May 2009. Like it very much, good ride,MPG on highway is in the middle 20's. One problem was the front brake, it sounded like it was intermittently scraping. That (GANLEY FORD) replaced front brakes at 6000 miles free. Still had the sound so back to the service department and another road test with the Tech. We determined it wasn't the actual brake but the mounting system holding the pads...new parts we ordered and upon their arrival they were installed. No more problems. This is a great family highway cruiser and we have traveled to over 35 States with the grand-kids and friends very comfortably. I love the LTD's 6 way driver's seat.

Caliper problems
By Gail Johnson on 07/04/10 19:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle used from our local dealership. It had 24,701 miles on it. The second day of ownership, I came out of this driveway, a terrible squealing sound happened. I stopped and backed up as I thought I ran over a branch, and went ahead again. The car squealed off an on the rest of my route. I thought it was my brakes but service said they were perfectly fine. It still squealed but now I have a burning smell. Took it back and service said the left rear caliper was locking up and replaced it. Brought it back home parked it in the garage got out and smelled the burning smell again and the wheel was too hot to touch. Service has it again. Not happy.

Really Bummed
By Brent Dyer on 04/12/10 21:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So let's start with the brakes. Horrible brake sound when backing up. Grinding noise in the front. I took it in and they said I have to pay after 15k miles. Then the second time I took it in they said that the brakes were dirty. Horrible wind noise. Have major trans problems. Revs up to 6k rpm and I have to pull over and stop. (no, I did not touch the shifter). Took it in and they said nothing is wrong. I am taking it in again tomorrow for the 4th time in 5 months. I am tired of this and I don't have time to deal with this anymore. I am just going to be told that there is nothing wrong. Is anybody listening? I am very frustrated and no longer feel safe

"Hunk of Junk"
By Natalie Dyer on 04/12/10 20:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I hate this car! I have had severe problems with the transmission as well as my brakes. Like always the dealer says nothing is wrong. I feel very unsafe in this vehicle and even though it is perfect for a family of 5- it is unsafe. I have had the transmission slip into low when I was on the fwy- my kids and I had to pull over and restart the vehicle to get it back into drive. The brakes continually grind. The dealer states they have dirt in them- once returned from the dealer it starts again. The brakes smoke and smell like they are burning. I would love to turn it back in to get my money back! VERY Disappointed.

Ooh..aww!
By Crystal M on 04/07/10 20:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have only had our Flex about a month. So far we love it. We compared vehicles for over 6 months before buying. We love the space & all the luxuries. Everyone always ask to look inside. Too many compliments about this car. I hope the reliability is as great as all the features.

Comfort and style
By DanP on 01/03/10 17:53 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As an auto repair tech for over 30 years I've driven a lot of fine vehicles but none have been as nice as the Flex. By the way I currently work in a Nissan dealer. The only issue was brake noise. Ford has a repair avalible. Other reviews that said the dealer wouldn't fix their problems should find another dealer. All good auto dealers take care of their customers. So far the Flex has been a wonderful vehicle. The fuel mileage is good. the ride is smooth and quiet, but best of all love it or hate it the styling turns heads. Nothing generic.

Nice work Ford, keep it up
By Ben on 10/28/09 16:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had the car about a year now and have made at least a dozen long distance trips. This car is very comfortable and I'm really surprised and impressed with the quality, especially the interior and the smooth quiet ride. The gas mileage has met expectations 19/24. The SYNC system with stereo are the best Nav/audio I have seen in any car and the cargo capacity is great. I am finishing my basement and just loaded 40 ten foot 2x4s. That's possible because of the ingenious fold flat seats (including the front passenger). When all the seats are folded down, they create a nice flat planar surface. Another nice feature is all the heat room. I'm 6' tall and still have 6 inches above my head!

Still loving it
By chuck from kansas on 08/12/09 07:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wrote my first review 11/08 when Flex was first purchased. Flex (Ford) has made a believer of me. I am a retired automobile sales representative and sold and drove imports.(Honda,Toyota, Nissan). Without hesitation, I would put the quality, reliability and ride of Flex against any of them. I keep looking to find some small flaw, but so far-nothing have shown. I couldn't see any way the Flex could have been improved, but Ford managed to do it with the 2010 Flex. I have never in my life been so impressed with any one car. P.S. I sold and drove the imports for almost 30 years.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Flex Wagon in VA is:

$132 per month*