Used 2009 Ford Flex SE Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Does many things well
By basswood

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Flex is very comfortable, easy to drive. Mine has no telescoping wheel, so I can't give myself all the leg room I would like to have. Excellent choice for tall people anyway. It is quiet and smooth on all surfaces. Good pickup when you need it. Mileage is surprisingly good. Mine is getting better;about 19mpg around suburbs!

I find this car easy to get in and out of. Mileage has been better than expected (actually calculated to be 19.1 on last tankful. Love the red color.

Access to console is terrible. It is very dark inside it, and its location puts it almost behind your right elbow.Needs a light inside and better placement. Glove box is also small. For a large car, there is little storage room in the front seat area. (for me) A back up camera would be great! (onSE)

Smart Buy - No regrets
By Jason

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We had a loaded Durango, which we loved, but it was totaled in an accident. Planned to buy a used Durango, but Ford's offer was too good. My wife loved the Flex all along, I wasn't thrilled. I felt like I was ditching my "macho" Durango for a boxy station wagon. One year later, I couldn't be happier. I'm 6'4" and we have two young, but tall kids. The Flex has way more passenger room than the Durango and has already payed off in the short and long run. It's also safer and gets way better Hwy and City MPG. At $2.85/gallon, it costs about $44-$45 and drives about 400 miles per tank. That's better than my wife's Mazda6. We might trade it for a second Flex

MPG, Great passenger space for tall adults and kids - including the third row. Stylish and practical.

More storage bins through out. We keep a fair amount of "kid stuff" on the rear passenger floor. The 2009 headrests are stiff and the steering wheel doesn't telescope, but I heard they fixed both for 2010.

Disappointed
By jks

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After a year of Flex ownership, it's not quite the vehicle I expected in quality. I am having front brake issues (severe grinding) which I understand is common with this vehicle. Plastic interior trim pieces falling off. Exterior plastic pillar piece coming off - it's attached with double sided tape. And the gas mileage rarely gets above 21 mpg on the highway. Don't get duped by the advertised 24 mpg.

2009 Ford Flex
By dlbailey05

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I never would have beleived this would have turned out to be as great a car as it is.Hands down the best riding vehicle I've ever ridin in.We just returned from a week in the Smokey Mountains and I'm even more impressed with the power train and fuel economy got 25.2 on the trip home,the car was loaded down. I can't find a thing bad about the car.=,would love to have waited and got the eco-boost engine but the 3.5 is more than adquit.

The look of the car you either love it or hate, I love the look,it's to cool.

I really can't think of any at this point.

By chuck

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Follow up to my former review. Problems fixed now brakes are grinding. Dealer says that this is has been a problem, Guess I should have leased instead of buying.