2009 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:
Does many things well
By basswood on 07/07/10 10:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Flex is very comfortable, easy to drive. Mine has no telescoping wheel, so I can't give myself all the leg room I would like to have. Excellent choice for tall people anyway. It is quiet and smooth on all surfaces. Good pickup when you need it. Mileage is surprisingly good. Mine is getting better;about 19mpg around suburbs!

Smart Buy - No regrets
By Jason on 04/01/10 21:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We had a loaded Durango, which we loved, but it was totaled in an accident. Planned to buy a used Durango, but Ford's offer was too good. My wife loved the Flex all along, I wasn't thrilled. I felt like I was ditching my "macho" Durango for a boxy station wagon. One year later, I couldn't be happier. I'm 6'4" and we have two young, but tall kids. The Flex has way more passenger room than the Durango and has already payed off in the short and long run. It's also safer and gets way better Hwy and City MPG. At $2.85/gallon, it costs about $44-$45 and drives about 400 miles per tank. That's better than my wife's Mazda6. We might trade it for a second Flex

Disappointed
By jks on 02/27/10 11:52 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After a year of Flex ownership, it's not quite the vehicle I expected in quality. I am having front brake issues (severe grinding) which I understand is common with this vehicle. Plastic interior trim pieces falling off. Exterior plastic pillar piece coming off - it's attached with double sided tape. And the gas mileage rarely gets above 21 mpg on the highway. Don't get duped by the advertised 24 mpg.

2009 Ford Flex
By dlbailey05 on 01/05/10 10:08 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I never would have beleived this would have turned out to be as great a car as it is.Hands down the best riding vehicle I've ever ridin in.We just returned from a week in the Smokey Mountains and I'm even more impressed with the power train and fuel economy got 25.2 on the trip home,the car was loaded down. I can't find a thing bad about the car.=,would love to have waited and got the eco-boost engine but the 3.5 is more than adquit.

By chuck on 11/25/09 06:22 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Follow up to my former review. Problems fixed now brakes are grinding. Dealer says that this is has been a problem, Guess I should have leased instead of buying.

front end sounds
By Judy on 10/28/09 09:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my flex in August have heard a noise under the front of the car occasionally since. It sounds like the brakes are going out & the rotors are rubbing.Sometimes feels like it grads a bit when i put the brakes on. I had it looked at once so far they say nothing is wrong. I will keep checking. I traded in a 2006 expedition fully loaded for a simplier model to help on mileage and overall money expenses. I love it I only miss the 4 wheel drive. I do have an issue with the little panels behind the door handle on the interior of the car. they have popped off three times so far. Seems a bit cheezy.I do not like the headrest angle doesn't work well for short people makes my head lean forward.

a great vacation ride
By Victor Carter on 10/05/09 08:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car in November,2008. We took it to Woodstock, Maine in the worst of weather with 5 adults and winter clothes, skis and such. We went to Niagra for the newyears fireworks show after skiing. Then we came home. We got 23.4 worst and 24.3 was our best milage. We drove it to Cape Cod to see the whales this spring. We got about the same milage. We had 5 adults and bagage for 10 days. My Wife and I took it to Moab, Utah and had a great time. We got 24.7 MPG on that trip. Only two people. I can't find anything I don't like about the car. You will not believe the power the V6 has!

Nice but a few problems
By Chuck on 10/01/09 06:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

At first we thought the vehicle was great but as time goes on I noticed that the ride was alot harder than my previous Jeeps. I know everybody raves about the smooth ride but I can't get used to the hard ride in this vehicle. Also there is a rattle coming from the steering wheel when going over bumps, I think it is the horn button. Overall it is a good car and except for the hard ride and the rattle.

Good but already some problems
By Jason on 09/21/09 16:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Within 1500 miles of driving off the lot, our Flex started making a high pitch sound out of the back of the car. It can be heard about 30 ft away and recently has grown loud enough to be heard within the car [if the radio is off]. When we took the car in to be fixed the dealer told us that it was the fuel pump. They called Ford and Ford told the dealer that the pump it is within the fuel pumps specs to make a high pitch whistle - so tough luck. As mentioned before, the whistle is growing louder, so maybe when our ears start to bleed Ford may change their mind, until then I tell everyone who asks how much we regret the purchase.

Didn't want a van again
By Ron on 06/26/09 07:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My first new car in many years. Ford has raised the bar. This big safe car does many things well. It is smooth and quiet, with good acceleration. I wish it had a telescoping wheel, because at 6' 4", I can move the seat back so far that the steering wheel is almost out of reach. I like the ease of folding the back seats down. It has a ton of room with them folded (not a minivan though) I added a back-up camera/gps system to my SE and it really helps backing up. Tall seats hold you in, make turning around to see difficult for me; comfortable though. Solid highway drive. Don't drive with windows open;overpressure will drive you nuts. Mileage c. 20 in town, 25 hwy. Not great, but pretty good.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Flex Wagon in WA is:

$165 per month*