2009 Ford Flex - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:
No Support From Ford
By swaldron on 07/06/13 12:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this new in 2009 and overall have been please with the vehicle. However, I had to rate build quality and reliability low here due to the following: at about 30K (warranty) it needed a new front hub & bearing; at 44K it then needed a right rear caliper ($500). We were very disappointed that the dealer would not contact Ford about what they could do about the caliper (I currently also have 2 GM vehicles with well over 100K miles on them with original hubs and calipers!). The dealer had the nerve to tell me that he had a concern about using aftermarket calipers... I just looked at him and said "really, right now I have to pay $500 to fix a Ford OEM caliper!" Going back to GM!

Love the ride but the brakes...
By lynnderlou on 11/17/11 09:21 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have 52k on the car and the rear brakes are having to be worked on again. They are telling me that it is the "elements", if Michigan driving is a problem for the brakes on this car they may have a few problems to work out! The rear parking sensor has stopped working, and is not covered under warranty, too many blind spots for this short girl to try and navigate blindly!Love the ride and comfort of the car but i think i will have to move on from my first and probably last ford vehicle.

Loved it and now would like it to stay out of the shop....
By stew2730 on 04/23/11 17:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Totally disappointed, I have previously posted two very flattering reviews of this car and now need to retract those as well as apologize to all who stopped me and asked me about this car. Have had my Flex for 2 1/2 years and have put 45k miles on it. About 10 days ago it began running hot, ended up being in the shop for almost 9 days. Have had the car back for 8 days and it started running hot in traffic on our way to dinner tonight. We had to park the car and hope it will still be there Monday so we can have it towed to yet another dealership! Going back to a Japanese car after this!

Best Car Ever
By Betty Farmer on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I have been married 37 years and have always been Ford owners. The best purchase ever is the Ford Flex. We like to travel and the ride and comfort in the Flex makes the trip enjoyable and relaxing. Our family and friends have alot of precious memories spent together traveling in the Flex. We tell everyone how much we "love" our Flex and recommend it as a great car to purchase. I can't wait for Ford to offer another 0% financing on the Flex so I can purchase a new one to enjoy. I don't understand why Ford does not advertise the "Flex" because to me it is the best car on the road.

Ongoing brake problems
By wtex on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In one year Ford has tried to fix brakes 7 times to no avail. The make grinding and rubbing noises when applied. Locked up one time on my wife. This problem is also present in Lincoln and Ford models because they all share the same brakes according to service manager .

Disappointing
By Discouraged on 08/12/10 14:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm very upset with this car and the way I've been treated since buying it! I've had the car in the shop 4 times since purchased (but could have taken it in many more times). I purchase new cars for the safety and reliability that comes with it. Unfortunately, the car has neither! I've had it in for brakes, transmission, radio, sync system & various other issues. I don't have the time to continuously take a brand new car in weekly. Now they are saying that my problems are not reproducible and oh well. I had a Honda(no problems) previously and bought American to support our Country just for the dealer to say oh well deal with it! I don't understand what happened to quality & customer service?

Love My Flex!
By Love My Flex!!! on 06/13/10 22:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned A LOT of vehicles from focus to excursion to expedition etc. and this is the BEST vech. I have ever driven I love the design inside and out. The comfort of the ride so smooth! I have two children aged 1 and 5 and it is perfect for them! My husband is 6'3" and he has plenty of room when he is driving or riding in the front or back. My flex has the bench seat in the second row that is what I preferred and I LOVE it! I traded in my Ford Freestyle. The gas mileage is GREAT we got 24 to 24.5 on the hwy and 20 - 21 around town! I Love the power trunk and sync just wish it was turn by turn directions. I did upgrade to the 911 asst. and vech. report. Thanks Ford Love MY Flex!!

Awesome Ride
By Satisflexed on 03/30/10 06:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had our flex for over 6 months and we love it! initially my wife was little hesitant because but she's now a big proponent of the car. I cant tell you how many of her friends have said "I live your Flex". Personally I love smaller cars but I often take the wife car instead of my own car. The car if incredibly comfortable and the wife and my 4 kids are anxiously looking forward to our first long road trip. You know something is up when you're looking forward to along drive w/ 4 kids :-)

I love my flex!
By Angela on 03/24/10 11:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased the flex it is the best car we have ever owned we have 3 children and everyone is so comfortable and has there own space it's just a fun ride, we recently went on a road trip and got 28 mpg of course this just depends on how you drive your vehicle we have never had any problems only routine maintenance for people who have had a lot of brake trouble its probably because they are rough on the brakes I would highly recommend the flex for any family also my husband and we still in our 20's and it doesn't make us feel old like a van does.

Great Family Hauler
By Xico on 03/10/10 10:51 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for 8 months and my family and I have really enjoyed it. It is great for going on road trips or just daily errands/driver. Seats are very comfortable. Performance is adequate. Only issue so far is that cooling fan broke, but it was replaced promptly at the dealership under warranty. Trunk space is OK for a 7-seater, but you will probably need an external cargo holder if you load up the car with 7 people for the long haul.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Flex in VA is:

$118 per month*