2007 Ford Five Hundred 3.0L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Just what I expected

2007 Ford Five Hundred - Consumer Review

SEL Sedan (3.0L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Just what I expected
By Texmarc on

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After reading numerous reviews I was sold on this car. I bought a retired company car (they maintained the car very well), a little high on mileage butwith the excellent shape of the car I thought the maintenance records outweighed the mileage (60k). The SEL has great looks; when I park next to other cars it really is a big car; averaging about 25 MPG; quiet, solid and overall very easy to drive. I paid 10,500; not a steal, but a good deal. Minor complaint: why put an sat. ready radio in the car withour the tuner?? Will cost aout $100 to convert to recieve SIRIUS; stereo is the basic CD-AM/FM and has good sound. Black is very classy, hard to keep clean; but with tinted windows looks sharp.

Favorite Features

very comfortable ride, quiet, hassle free controls, high seating, great crusier on highway, easy city driving, more room than I'll ever use. Last owner installed Michelin Hydro Edge tires 4k B4 I bought: strongly recommend these tires; great grip and no better tires for this car.

Suggested Improvements

CVT has mixed reviews; so far so good. Ford should make the radio fully functional with the sat ready attenna. Seats are good but could be a bit more plush; lumbar would be nice.