First & Last Ford
By thoss29 on
2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
The 1st year of ownership was great, since then we have had the rear brakes recalled because of abnormal wear & grinding under 15000 miles. Power Steering pump went bad, A/C Compressor went bad, power windows quit working, then magically fixed themselves, when I put it in gear it lunges forward if the A/C is running. If my foot is not firmly on the brakes it lunges hard enough to hit something in front or behind the vehicle. And the OEM tires lasted about 35000 miles with regular rotations. It is very comfortable & gets decent fuel mileage in town & exceptional highway mileage for a car of it's size. The shifting of automatic transmission take a little getting used to.
Favorite Features
Highway Mileage, roominess & comfort. Big trunk size
Suggested Improvements
By jbrkmo
on 04/04/11 15:54 PM (PDT)

I agree. This was first Ford and it will be my last. I am having the same problems with it lunging when it idles in park and then you put it in drive. Transmission is shifting hard and clunking. Lopes when I'm driving at low speeds. Having trouble finding a shop that will even touch the CVT transmission. Plus, everything is stiff and it's just not an easy-driving car. I expected way more for the price I paid. If anyone plans on buying a Ford 500, I would recommend they didn't or get an extended warranty.....you will need it!