2007 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Review: Big Blue

2007 Ford Five Hundred - Consumer Review

Big Blue
By richy07 on

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased mine with 20K miles, big blue now has 110K. I've replaced the battery, frt brakes, rear brakes twice, rear rotors and tires. I previously drove a 2 dr buick regal that I LOVED for 14yrs. I never liked 4dr vehicles but the regal & monte carlo were out of circulation, I was forced into one. It was hard to get used to it, (didn't 'go' like the regal!), hydroplaning but the new tires stopped that. It's been 6 yrs and this has been an extremely comfortable, dependable, efficient vehicle I have grown to appreciate. I wouldn't say it's "fun to drive". The only maintenance I do is oil change/tire rotation every 5000-6000 miles, waste of money before 5k. I get 25-27 mpg.

I love the combination door entry and the moonroof. The fold down seats are awesome, along with the large trunk I can transport large items like a recliner, 8ft folding tables, even a dresser. The dual a/c control is great. The car is really roomy and comfortable.

Cloth seats, key entry for trunk, I've yet to find the "mp3" port, better grade carpet, side molding to protect exterior from car dings, more power.