Used 2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Sold cars for 18 years and love the 500
By retired dealer

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am thrilled with the dependability, comfort, safety, and storage capacity of this vehicle. The present mileage is at 51,000 and have had no problems. Braking system is excellent, Needed new pads at 40K with no other parts needed. I use Mobil 1 for oil changes and the car runs excellent. I recently drove another ford 500 with 12,000 miles and found no noticeable difference in the drive of my vehicle. The only issue is that I am 6'4'' and the leg room could be about 3" longer for my left leg. I can live with this because many of the vehicles that I've sold over the years would be non dependable and I would be walking rather than driving. Average mpg is 23.6 since car was new. WOW. LOVE IT.

Great ride, corners excellently, dependable, Roomy, great rear passenger room, easy entering and exiting even if you have severe arthritis in your knees,( not like the poor design of Impala ), many extras, great leather seats, great design and looks, maintains alignment and great MPG

Leg room for tall people in drivers compartment. Needs about 3" more. Needs light in glove compartment. Other than listed - WOW.

Far better than you think!
By Joel

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased this vehicle as a result of searching for something comfortable after major surgery. Strong engine for a 3.0, CVT is quite cool once you get used to how it operates, AWD is seamless, the ride and handling are comfortable without being bone jarring, controls are well placed. The interior and trunk are cavernous, fit, finish and features are quite good for a car picked up with 19800 miles and going on three years old. Intuitive controls, upward seating position, phenomenal stereo and nav system round out a really cool car. I'm not certain why the automotive reviews were so harsh on this car. I could not disagree more with the reviews out there by the auto critics.

Dash top storage, navigation, rear seat legroom, incredibly large trunk, high seating position.

Drop the gas hinges on the trunk (its difficult to open and close) add telescoping wheel, wheels are a little generically styled, one touch close for all sunroof positions.

Why Do All The Reviews Bag On This Car?
By Steve

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Five Hundred used. At only $16000, and only 13000 miles on the odometer it was a steal. I was checking out Hyundai Sonata's, but I wanted a V6, and had no desire to pay over 20 grand for a car. So I checked out Five Hundreds, I couldn't believe my luck. I always admired the styling of the car, and its safety features. It is roomy and comfortable, gets great gas mileage. I get many compliments on its color and design. Power is great, more than adequate, I mean, come on, how much power is enough? It's fast on the on ramp, good for passing, and corners beautifully. And since I drive mountain roads to get to work, in Calistoga, I love the saftey features and i size. Did I mention MPG?

Large trunk, lumbar support, stereo, drive, value, safety, and American.

Better braking, and I recommend getting a K&N air filter right away, for good, inexpensive, power increase, gas mileage, and for a smoother, throatier sound when putting the petal to the metal.

Great Car - Very Underrated
By Jerry

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had three Honda Accords. I decided to buy a used Ford 500 versus the new 2008 Accord based upon value. This car is great. It drives well and has lots of room - lots of compliments from riders about the room. My family enjoys the car, too. Safety ratings were a big reason for purchasing as well. Fuel economy has been very good. Consistently 20-21 in town. On the highway between 29 and 32 (I did get 32.5 on one trip). Overall, this is a great car. Although many in the press have not given favorable responses, many owners like me seem to think this is a highly underrated car - a diamond in the rough. SEL package is nicely equipped. Great A/C system in hot climate.

Sunroof, stick-to-the-road feel of the ride, fuel economy, roominess, trunk capacity

Slightly higher power at low speeds. Cupholder for center occupant in rear seat.

Nice Family Vehicle
By hageman6

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this vehicle for a few months and I have been very happy with the performance. I know people keep knocking the lack of power, but really the overall power and passing power has been satisfactory for me. I must admit we are a family that had minivans due to the kids, but I am happy with the performance and comfort of this vehcile and there is plenty of room for the family.

Rear sensor and adjustable pedals. Also the wide open views. Overall gas mileage has been very good right at 30 MPG highway and 22-23 city, great for a car of this size.

I would prefer just a little firmer suspension. The 07 needs some door guards to help prevent door dings.

• SUV