Used 2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

My Ford 500 Limited
By Jason's Dawgs

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I traded in our TrailBlazer and bought our Ford 500 in April of 2007. I have taken several trips from Charleston South Carolina to Cleveland Ohio with our family. The vehicle is very comforting for long trips, and there's tons of trunk space. Ford definitely kepf safety in mind when they built this car. Five star crash test ratings. I would recomend this vehicle to anyone.

Favorite Features

Safety features and trunk space. Luxury looking interior. No blindspots.

Suggested Improvements

Ford should have made some SVT cars out of these. Maybe make a few rearwheel drive "Sleepers" with a 5.0 or supercharged 4.6 L.

Best car
By B.j.

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I just purchased my Ford Five hundred. It is an amazing car. I like the trunk space. The car has a very attractive look to it. Very roomy just as big as a BMW 754 or Mercedes Benz. Ford did a great job building this car. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Favorite Features

Large trunk space, the grille, back seat space is very roomy.

Suggested Improvements

None

I'm glad I didn't pay for this
By Kris

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am an insurance adjuster and this is my company car and I drive it hard. I currently have about 67000 miles on it and have had numerous problems with it mechanically. At 30K the trans began shifting hard, took it to the dealer and had the throttlebody replaced. At 50K the steering was loose and was pulling hard, had the left lower ball joint (which only came with the control arm) and the steering gear replaced. At 65K the same trans problem and they again replaced the throttlebody. Another adjuster has had similar problems with the steering/suspension. Also, 3.0 is not that powerful. You might have better luck as an everyday commuter instead of a workhorse like me.

Favorite Features

Interior is very nice and spacious, decent mileage. I actually like the styling, especially compared to the previous Taurus's

Suggested Improvements

I'm curious how the 08's fare with the bigger engine and dumped the variable speed transmission..

Our family car
By Dano

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We are a family of 4, two are still in car seats. Lots of room inside, you dont have to worry about kids kicking the back of your seat. The trunk is awesome, lots of room for everything. Just wished the mileage was a little better. We struggle to get 30 hwy.

Favorite Features

Audio controls on steering wheel, heated seats a nice safety rating.

Suggested Improvements

The styling is 5 years old but am willing to sacrifice for safety.

Nice
By Bigdaddylex

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 500 almost 6 months ago and I love it. It's roomy and drives smooth. Everyone that rides with me say they like it. It's classy but moves when needed. I'd buy another one and is different from the others in it's class.