2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
2007 - Ford 500
By Shane on 11/03/06 18:12 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Comfortable, lots of interior/trunk room. Sharp looking vehicle. However the engine is too small for such a big car. Hit the gas and takes too long for engine response (hesitates)when passing. Must have something to do with that new CVT transmission.

Wally Comments
By Wally on 10/17/06 16:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I keep hearing that this vehicle needs a bigger engine...don't agree. The 3 liter engine is fine 95-98% of the time. (If I lived in the middle of the Rocky Mountains I might lower that % but most of us don't!). The 6 speed transmission downshifts more than one is used to but you quickly learn to work with it. Even in 5th gear, engine speed is close to what many other cars are in their "top gear". I bought this car because it's a full size sedan with a sensible engine size and I'm very happy with it. I love to cruise along at 70 MPH, 2000 RPM and get mileage that hangs around 30 mph...a whole lot better than my Lexus ES300!

First Ford Auto Bought Since 1986
By Chrysler Man on 09/26/06 09:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Took on a trip to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and couldn't ask for a better ride. About a 1200 mile round trip, getting almost 29 miles per gallon. Had no trouble passing or getting up the grades on cruise control. I would definitely buy another Ford product.

fun to drive
By james foster on 09/02/06 19:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The main reason that I purchased the 500 was the driving character of this car. The ride of this car equals that of the more expensive models.The total design of this car inside and out is what people use to expect of Ford. The 500 is a great value.

Warning: for city use only!
By carlota on 08/22/06 17:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

When I first drove the 500, it was a pleasant experience. My first impression was that it was a nice, large sedan that handles well, despite the "plain brown wrapper" design. Then I drove back home. I live in a rural area on a dirt road. All the roads in my area are dirt. Dirt turns to mud, and that's when the 500 starts to slip and slide. It is terrifying to drive this car on anything other than smooth, dry pavement. Big problems in the handling. Yikes! Also, my knees bump the dash. I'm short, so by the time the seat is up far enough, there is no leg room left.

Ford 500 instead of a Charger
By Rena on 08/16/06 17:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We bought a 500 while looking for a Charger. When we saw the 500 my husband fell in love with it. The seats are very comfortable and roomy, especially the back seats. I am rather tall, and can cross my legs and ride comfortably in the back. The woodgrain interior is beautiful. I like the backup signal feature, it helps when my teenagers are parallel parking. We really like the CVT. It rides so smoothly on the highway, accelerates smartly, even going up a steep hill, and you do not feel the gear change. I am very happy with the 500. I thought I really wanted a Charger, but I am not a bit disappointed with the 500, in fact, I am thrilled with it!

Beazley Review
By Thomas Beazley on 08/15/06 12:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

At this point, the only thing that I would change is a little larger engine. It strains some times.

Great Car
By Dave on 08/12/06 14:05 PM (PDT)

Great car so far.

Fun Car to Drive
By MIke Hanlen on 08/03/06 11:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I like the way it handles and the engine power is adequate. The styling is good, but it needs some body side molding to protect the finish from careless people in other cars.

Great Ride
By Ron on 07/21/06 07:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased in Illinois and drove to AZ with very good performance. Window showed highway 29 MPG, obtained 28.8 MPG. GPS system works great and over all clean tight fit with a comfortable ride.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.