2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
Great Car
By Caboom on 06/02/07 03:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

So far I am very impressed with the car. I have had it 4 months and 4,400 miles. The power is fine. Gas mileage is great. I took a trip to the coast (1,200 miles), averaged 33.2 MPG. I do drve for economy with gas at $3.00. Hwy speed was 70-73 MPH and did some drafting.

Was looking for a Hybrid
By Sid on 05/20/07 14:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I went shopping for a hybrid and due to a lack of availability i ended up buying a 500. So far I love the car. It handles well and is very spacious. I traded in a Ford Explorer so the gas mileage is a huge improvement. I see a lot of people saying the car is underpowered but I'd prefer the better gas mileage over the power.

Oh I love this Car
By Marilyn on 05/15/07 14:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove Honda Accord, Toyota Camary, Ford Fusion and even a Lexus. I couldn't seem to find one that I felt like driving. The 500 did it. At first it didn't turn my head for looks but oh my, I drove it and was in love. I do prefer the understated but rich look of the interior and exterior. I am just so happy that when stop at a light there isn't 10 other cars just like mine. I didn't think about that at the time I was looking for a car. I am getting 18 MPG in town. No long trips yet. Everyone loves the huge trunk. I love the comfort and style.

Really, its a Ford?
By Adam on 05/06/07 06:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just got this car for our company for the traveling salesman. Over the weekend, it was not being used and my car was getting fixed, so I borrowed it. Although its not as fast as my other cars, it still has power for accelerating, but passing at high speeds is difficult for it. The interior in huge. The seats are big and comfortable. I was really suprised at how good this car was after hearing so many terrible things about Ford (and being a GM guy, this is hard to admit) The Ford really is a good daily car. Not for an enthusiast, but it gets the job done.

Just bought it and Love it!
By Karen on 04/09/07 20:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought this car and love it! After quite a bit of online investigation and the realization that I could not afford a brand new car with all these options, I bought mine with 15,000 miles. It beat out the new Hyundai Sonata and Chevy Imapala by a lot! Could use a little more get up and go, wind noise and the rear view mirror could be bigger, but all-in-all I love it. Excellent quality for the price.

Recomended for a good reason
By Hi5 on 04/03/07 21:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Consumer reports hit the nail on the head. This big car drives well, gets good mileage and has lots of room. Add to that the fact you can get big discounts and rebates with a 5 year 60K warranty and it's a no-brainer, if you are in the market for a big American car that drives like an import and looks like it won't age much.

New and Happy Five Hundred owner
By 500 on 03/29/07 16:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I like my new Pearl Blue Ford a lot. I refer to it as The Big Ford, because that is the best feature. It fits real people in real time. So easy to get in and out of and it is still so new I want to drive it a lot. My mileage is still not great (about 17.4) and I do hope it improves. So far, all things are working great. I will make the dealer align the car at the first service, but that is the only thing I have noticed. Really nice, plain, and high class automobile. Will drive it happily and feeling safe.

So far so good
By WilliamVegas on 03/11/07 19:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought the car as a family sedan. We have been delighted with its comfort, performance, build quality, and safety. The 3.0, while not a screamer so to speak, does provide enough oompf to get motoring on the surrounding super highways. Have nearly 10K miles and not experienced any problems to date. The only down side is we expected the fuel economy to be a little better, but being a car of this size, it's not really that disappointing. Overall we would buy it again.

500 SEL with a little extra
By Robert on 02/28/07 06:34 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I really like driving this car a lot, it handles very well and rides smooth and quiet. This car is very roomy inside for the family and has a huge trunk. The Continental Tires that came with it were garbage, good for summer and smooth roads, but horrible in wet/snow/icy conditions. I put a complete set of Goodyear TripleTred on it and it handles great in the wet/snow/ice conditions as well as a bit more responsive on turns. This car replaced our Grand Prix and it gets a little better MPG and still has the getup and go, but a lot/lot/lot more room inside. We have the individual temp control for driver/passenger which also came w/6cd MP3 player/superior sound system, a nice addition.

Great Car - Now a Classic?
By Jim Tritten on 02/24/07 14:45 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Nothing but total satisfaction. For the life of me, I cannot see why this car has not sold better (other than lack of advertising) and why it is now being discontinued. I guess the good news for current owners is that the car will likely become a classic.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.