2007 Ford Five Hundred - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
More than meets the eye
By briggleman on 06/21/07 10:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The acceleration is great, once you get use to the CVT transmission. It handles like a nS80 Volvo. Gas mileage so far at 24 mpg on my 44 mile round trips to work. Lots of room, wish the front seat went back about another inch. (I am 6'5") Good head room and I love the adjustable brake and gas peddles. Air bags everywhere, even in the canopy. Facts you need to know. The 3.0 duratec engine is from a Porsche designed 2.5 (Ford bored it out to 3.0) the AWD is the Haldex system from Volvo. Suspension is also Volvo derived from the S80. 0-60 is under 8 seconds. CVT transmission is German designed and built from ZF transmission group. Very underrated car.

A very very comfortable car
By John on 06/09/07 17:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

All in all, very little to complain about after 5000 miles. Factory CD failed on first use, but replaced. Very comfortable to be in, although larger drivers may find their right leg too close to the center console. Complaints by critics about styling/power have proven unwarranted. People like the look of the car and haven't found acceleration lacking with CVT/engine pairing. Handling is OK, not great, but ride is better than that. It is not silent at highway speeds, but not really a problem. Plenty of interior storage, huge trunk, elevated seating position; it's (mostly) all good.

Great Car
By Caboom on 06/02/07 03:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

So far I am very impressed with the car. I have had it 4 months and 4,400 miles. The power is fine. Gas mileage is great. I took a trip to the coast (1,200 miles), averaged 33.2 MPG. I do drve for economy with gas at $3.00. Hwy speed was 70-73 MPH and did some drafting.

Was looking for a Hybrid
By Sid on 05/20/07 14:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I went shopping for a hybrid and due to a lack of availability i ended up buying a 500. So far I love the car. It handles well and is very spacious. I traded in a Ford Explorer so the gas mileage is a huge improvement. I see a lot of people saying the car is underpowered but I'd prefer the better gas mileage over the power.

Oh I love this Car
By Marilyn on 05/15/07 14:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove Honda Accord, Toyota Camary, Ford Fusion and even a Lexus. I couldn't seem to find one that I felt like driving. The 500 did it. At first it didn't turn my head for looks but oh my, I drove it and was in love. I do prefer the understated but rich look of the interior and exterior. I am just so happy that when stop at a light there isn't 10 other cars just like mine. I didn't think about that at the time I was looking for a car. I am getting 18 MPG in town. No long trips yet. Everyone loves the huge trunk. I love the comfort and style.

Really, its a Ford?
By Adam on 05/06/07 06:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just got this car for our company for the traveling salesman. Over the weekend, it was not being used and my car was getting fixed, so I borrowed it. Although its not as fast as my other cars, it still has power for accelerating, but passing at high speeds is difficult for it. The interior in huge. The seats are big and comfortable. I was really suprised at how good this car was after hearing so many terrible things about Ford (and being a GM guy, this is hard to admit) The Ford really is a good daily car. Not for an enthusiast, but it gets the job done.

Just bought it and Love it!
By Karen on 04/09/07 20:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought this car and love it! After quite a bit of online investigation and the realization that I could not afford a brand new car with all these options, I bought mine with 15,000 miles. It beat out the new Hyundai Sonata and Chevy Imapala by a lot! Could use a little more get up and go, wind noise and the rear view mirror could be bigger, but all-in-all I love it. Excellent quality for the price.

Recomended for a good reason
By Hi5 on 04/03/07 21:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Consumer reports hit the nail on the head. This big car drives well, gets good mileage and has lots of room. Add to that the fact you can get big discounts and rebates with a 5 year 60K warranty and it's a no-brainer, if you are in the market for a big American car that drives like an import and looks like it won't age much.

New and Happy Five Hundred owner
By 500 on 03/29/07 16:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I like my new Pearl Blue Ford a lot. I refer to it as The Big Ford, because that is the best feature. It fits real people in real time. So easy to get in and out of and it is still so new I want to drive it a lot. My mileage is still not great (about 17.4) and I do hope it improves. So far, all things are working great. I will make the dealer align the car at the first service, but that is the only thing I have noticed. Really nice, plain, and high class automobile. Will drive it happily and feeling safe.

So far so good
By WilliamVegas on 03/11/07 19:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought the car as a family sedan. We have been delighted with its comfort, performance, build quality, and safety. The 3.0, while not a screamer so to speak, does provide enough oompf to get motoring on the surrounding super highways. Have nearly 10K miles and not experienced any problems to date. The only down side is we expected the fuel economy to be a little better, but being a car of this size, it's not really that disappointing. Overall we would buy it again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.