Used 2007 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Five-hundred - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Five Hundred

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Touring Car (NOT All Weather Car)
By DBLD

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased this 500 because it's AWD...well 2 days after purchase 10" of snow! I was very disappointed in how AWD performed! I've owned 2 other AWD vehicles and they were flawless...in all types of weather,(100% better in the snow.) The 500 slips and slides all over the place!(even with NEW touring tires!)

Favorite Features

CVT tranny...Handling on DRY road! Gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to rework it's AWD system! Maybe take some pointers from Subaru & GM!

Love my Ford 500
By Ford 500 Alabama

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the 2007 Ford 500 and love it. I am a big guy and this car fits all of my safety and room needs. I just can't believe that this car didn't get a lot of press from Ford. It is the best car that I have ever own.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Need to be more stylish on the outside.

Great long distance commuter car
By RTinSD

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car new in June 2007 and to date have accumulated over 91,000 miles commuting. Other than a rear brake recall, the car has been flawless. Gets 28+ mpg consistently. Comfortable, quiet, roomy. This car is proof that America can build a reliable vehicle.

Favorite Features

Seating position and large front windshield. Rear parking sensors.

Suggested Improvements

auxiliary plug-in for an MP3 player

Just what I expected
By Texmarc

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After reading numerous reviews I was sold on this car. I bought a retired company car (they maintained the car very well), a little high on mileage butwith the excellent shape of the car I thought the maintenance records outweighed the mileage (60k). The SEL has great looks; when I park next to other cars it really is a big car; averaging about 25 MPG; quiet, solid and overall very easy to drive. I paid 10,500; not a steal, but a good deal. Minor complaint: why put an sat. ready radio in the car withour the tuner?? Will cost aout $100 to convert to recieve SIRIUS; stereo is the basic CD-AM/FM and has good sound. Black is very classy, hard to keep clean; but with tinted windows looks sharp.

Favorite Features

very comfortable ride, quiet, hassle free controls, high seating, great crusier on highway, easy city driving, more room than I'll ever use. Last owner installed Michelin Hydro Edge tires 4k B4 I bought: strongly recommend these tires; great grip and no better tires for this car.

Suggested Improvements

CVT has mixed reviews; so far so good. Ford should make the radio fully functional with the sat ready attenna. Seats are good but could be a bit more plush; lumbar would be nice.

I like this car
By Robert

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The longer we own this car, the more we like it. We had one problem with abnormal brake wear and Ford took car of it even though it wasn't a warranty item. Handling is very good for such a large car (especially in snow with AWD), ride is excellent and gas mileage has been more than surprising. We got 31 mpg on a recent trip through Arizona and New Mexico. Average mpg in our local hilly/mountain area is 19 city and 26 highway (better than EPA estimate.)

Favorite Features

The 3.0 liter V-6 give us enough power especially when coupled with the continuously variable transmission. We love the smooth functioning of the powertrain.

Suggested Improvements

The automatic variable sound level with the radio is fine when the vehicle is moving but seems to reduce volume to a lower than desired level when the vehicle slows to a stop. It's still better than adjusting the volume manually, however.