Used 2007 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Five Hundred - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Could be better
By vocomchris

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Everything about this car yells Granpa or Granma. The truth is it has every safety feature out there that you want for your kids. That is why I got one. The problem is design flaws that allow for road trash to rip the fuel line off the bottom of the car. This happened to me. Some other annoying things are that it tends to accelerate while at a complete stop. It is akin to the Toyota problem. Then there are the brakes that don't seem to last more than 15k miles. I find the car has potential but just shy of four years the problems are starting to come out of hiding. It has soured me to Ford.

The roominess inside and the trunk space make this a great car for me. You can take the grill to the beach and still fit the cooler inside as well as five passengers. Don't forget the boogie boards and chairs. They fit too.

Ford has already redesigned the car and they increased the ground clearance. That should take care of the rocks that bounce up and take out the fuel filter. Hopefully the taillights have gone to led. My bulbs keep burning out and that is very annoying.

Air Compressor Out at 44k miles
By PACU

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Once again I have issues with a Ford at the untimely 45k mile marker. My compressor goes out in 100 degree weather and Ford wants to charge me $950 to fix it. I try to get Ford to work with me and they refused to come any lower than the $950. Last time it was my trans on my Explorer at 45k miles and they refused to work with me then too. 3 years and less than 45k miles is too early for a compressor and I think Ford should have worked with me. So with what I feel was less than acceptable customer service for a 30+ year Ford customer, I've decided that this is my sixth and LAST FORD. I've been a Ford man my entire life, but after two problems like this, no more.

Better customer Service at Ford Corporate

I love this car
By Darry'n Dunn

2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking for a car with Class, Plenty of room, Beautiful Design and Long lasting. I found all of this and more in my Ford 500 Limited. The body style has not changed in the time I brought it, giving me the feel of still having a new car. I like the refer to my car as the poor mans Maybach!

The interior

None

Not Bad
By Dave

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had read that Ford did a good job of packing a lot of features into the 500 at a decent price point. I found one at a local dealer that was priced very fair, Love the car, pleanty of pep, nice features, plenty of room for long legs.

Steering Wheel Controls, Lots of cup holders (I am a coffee addict) very comfortable to drive.

uhhhhh,,,, The only thing I would like to see is an stereo input jack for an Ipod.

Love It, Love It, Love It!
By JWE

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I can't recommend this car enough, great on the open road, stylish, comfortable for tall people (I'm 6'2" ) great safety features and excellent mileage on the road. I'm getting 33 mpg. It's not a rocket, but I didn't want that, just a car with enough power, AWD, and plenty of comfort. I just love it!

Seats, great visibility, CVT, styling won't become dated soon like the Chrysler Cruiser, large trunk, lots of room, fun to drive on the open road

None