2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
Sold cars for 18 years and love the 500
By retired dealer on 04/04/09 00:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am thrilled with the dependability, comfort, safety, and storage capacity of this vehicle. The present mileage is at 51,000 and have had no problems. Braking system is excellent, Needed new pads at 40K with no other parts needed. I use Mobil 1 for oil changes and the car runs excellent. I recently drove another ford 500 with 12,000 miles and found no noticeable difference in the drive of my vehicle. The only issue is that I am 6'4'' and the leg room could be about 3" longer for my left leg. I can live with this because many of the vehicles that I've sold over the years would be non dependable and I would be walking rather than driving. Average mpg is 23.6 since car was new. WOW. LOVE IT.

Far better than you think!
By Joel on 12/28/08 09:22 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased this vehicle as a result of searching for something comfortable after major surgery. Strong engine for a 3.0, CVT is quite cool once you get used to how it operates, AWD is seamless, the ride and handling are comfortable without being bone jarring, controls are well placed. The interior and trunk are cavernous, fit, finish and features are quite good for a car picked up with 19800 miles and going on three years old. Intuitive controls, upward seating position, phenomenal stereo and nav system round out a really cool car. I'm not certain why the automotive reviews were so harsh on this car. I could not disagree more with the reviews out there by the auto critics.

Why Do All The Reviews Bag On This Car?
By Steve on 11/28/08 21:24 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Five Hundred used. At only $16000, and only 13000 miles on the odometer it was a steal. I was checking out Hyundai Sonata's, but I wanted a V6, and had no desire to pay over 20 grand for a car. So I checked out Five Hundreds, I couldn't believe my luck. I always admired the styling of the car, and its safety features. It is roomy and comfortable, gets great gas mileage. I get many compliments on its color and design. Power is great, more than adequate, I mean, come on, how much power is enough? It's fast on the on ramp, good for passing, and corners beautifully. And since I drive mountain roads to get to work, in Calistoga, I love the saftey features and i size. Did I mention MPG?

Great Car - Very Underrated
By Jerry on 08/06/08 21:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had three Honda Accords. I decided to buy a used Ford 500 versus the new 2008 Accord based upon value. This car is great. It drives well and has lots of room - lots of compliments from riders about the room. My family enjoys the car, too. Safety ratings were a big reason for purchasing as well. Fuel economy has been very good. Consistently 20-21 in town. On the highway between 29 and 32 (I did get 32.5 on one trip). Overall, this is a great car. Although many in the press have not given favorable responses, many owners like me seem to think this is a highly underrated car - a diamond in the rough. SEL package is nicely equipped. Great A/C system in hot climate.

Nice Family Vehicle
By hageman6 on 08/06/08 13:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this vehicle for a few months and I have been very happy with the performance. I know people keep knocking the lack of power, but really the overall power and passing power has been satisfactory for me. I must admit we are a family that had minivans due to the kids, but I am happy with the performance and comfort of this vehcile and there is plenty of room for the family.

My Ford 500 Limited
By Jason's Dawgs on 07/19/08 07:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I traded in our TrailBlazer and bought our Ford 500 in April of 2007. I have taken several trips from Charleston South Carolina to Cleveland Ohio with our family. The vehicle is very comforting for long trips, and there's tons of trunk space. Ford definitely kepf safety in mind when they built this car. Five star crash test ratings. I would recomend this vehicle to anyone.

Best car
By B.j. on 06/18/08 12:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I just purchased my Ford Five hundred. It is an amazing car. I like the trunk space. The car has a very attractive look to it. Very roomy just as big as a BMW 754 or Mercedes Benz. Ford did a great job building this car. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

I'm glad I didn't pay for this
By Kris on 05/26/08 20:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am an insurance adjuster and this is my company car and I drive it hard. I currently have about 67000 miles on it and have had numerous problems with it mechanically. At 30K the trans began shifting hard, took it to the dealer and had the throttlebody replaced. At 50K the steering was loose and was pulling hard, had the left lower ball joint (which only came with the control arm) and the steering gear replaced. At 65K the same trans problem and they again replaced the throttlebody. Another adjuster has had similar problems with the steering/suspension. Also, 3.0 is not that powerful. You might have better luck as an everyday commuter instead of a workhorse like me.

Our family car
By Dano on 03/21/08 17:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We are a family of 4, two are still in car seats. Lots of room inside, you dont have to worry about kids kicking the back of your seat. The trunk is awesome, lots of room for everything. Just wished the mileage was a little better. We struggle to get 30 hwy.

Nice
By Bigdaddylex on 10/30/07 16:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 500 almost 6 months ago and I love it. It's roomy and drives smooth. Everyone that rides with me say they like it. It's classy but moves when needed. I'd buy another one and is different from the others in it's class.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.