Used 2007 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

not getting rid of it
By jadebudan

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We just got 14 inches of snow and i decided that i might want something with four wheel drive. i found a jeep and went to read the reviews on it.. they were mostly very bad! so i figured i would read the reviews on my car and they were amazing which made me realize that i do have a great car. i only had a weird electrical problem with my dash that hasnt happened after it happen that once ( all the gages wouldnt move and then were jumping up and down while i was driving.. did this happen to anyone else??). I am very glad that i got this wonderful car and im definitley not trading it in anytime soon!

Love my car but 2 aggravations..
By Judie

2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We have a problem keeping the drivers seat in selected selected position. The trunk lock is real stinker. Usually takes several tries to open it. I Wish it had a key entry to it.

Comfortable seats and ride.

Trunk locking system and an additional key entry there.

Love it, Love it, Love It!
By George Hargreaves

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car in June 07 with 24,000 km on it. Great in the winter since we added a set of Michelin X-Ice tires. We live on the Canadian prairies and this is the most comfortable vehicle we have ever owned. Good power, lots of head & leg room. Huge trunk. Just finished an 8,000 km drive to the Atlantic provinces and U.S. east coast and very enjoyable drive. Great gas mileage. Looking forward to more trips. Rear brakes replaced by Ford after 40,000 km. Car now has 75,000 km and runs fine. My wife loves the light green color so I hope Ford brings this color back in a few years.

On board computer, radio controls on the steering wheel, large trunk, lots of interior room, auto headlights, auto dimming rear view mirror

None - don't mess with perfection!

Could be better
By vocomchris

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Everything about this car yells Granpa or Granma. The truth is it has every safety feature out there that you want for your kids. That is why I got one. The problem is design flaws that allow for road trash to rip the fuel line off the bottom of the car. This happened to me. Some other annoying things are that it tends to accelerate while at a complete stop. It is akin to the Toyota problem. Then there are the brakes that don't seem to last more than 15k miles. I find the car has potential but just shy of four years the problems are starting to come out of hiding. It has soured me to Ford.

The roominess inside and the trunk space make this a great car for me. You can take the grill to the beach and still fit the cooler inside as well as five passengers. Don't forget the boogie boards and chairs. They fit too.

Ford has already redesigned the car and they increased the ground clearance. That should take care of the rocks that bounce up and take out the fuel filter. Hopefully the taillights have gone to led. My bulbs keep burning out and that is very annoying.

Air Compressor Out at 44k miles
By PACU

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Once again I have issues with a Ford at the untimely 45k mile marker. My compressor goes out in 100 degree weather and Ford wants to charge me $950 to fix it. I try to get Ford to work with me and they refused to come any lower than the $950. Last time it was my trans on my Explorer at 45k miles and they refused to work with me then too. 3 years and less than 45k miles is too early for a compressor and I think Ford should have worked with me. So with what I feel was less than acceptable customer service for a 30+ year Ford customer, I've decided that this is my sixth and LAST FORD. I've been a Ford man my entire life, but after two problems like this, no more.

Better customer Service at Ford Corporate