Used 2007 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Five-hundred - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Air Compressor Out at 44k miles
By PACU

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Once again I have issues with a Ford at the untimely 45k mile marker. My compressor goes out in 100 degree weather and Ford wants to charge me $950 to fix it. I try to get Ford to work with me and they refused to come any lower than the $950. Last time it was my trans on my Explorer at 45k miles and they refused to work with me then too. 3 years and less than 45k miles is too early for a compressor and I think Ford should have worked with me. So with what I feel was less than acceptable customer service for a 30+ year Ford customer, I've decided that this is my sixth and LAST FORD. I've been a Ford man my entire life, but after two problems like this, no more.

Suggested Improvements

Better customer Service at Ford Corporate

I love this car
By Darry'n Dunn

2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking for a car with Class, Plenty of room, Beautiful Design and Long lasting. I found all of this and more in my Ford 500 Limited. The body style has not changed in the time I brought it, giving me the feel of still having a new car. I like the refer to my car as the poor mans Maybach!

Favorite Features

The interior

Suggested Improvements

None

Not Bad
By Dave

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had read that Ford did a good job of packing a lot of features into the 500 at a decent price point. I found one at a local dealer that was priced very fair, Love the car, pleanty of pep, nice features, plenty of room for long legs.

Favorite Features

Steering Wheel Controls, Lots of cup holders (I am a coffee addict) very comfortable to drive.

Suggested Improvements

uhhhhh,,,, The only thing I would like to see is an stereo input jack for an Ipod.

Love It, Love It, Love It!
By JWE

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I can't recommend this car enough, great on the open road, stylish, comfortable for tall people (I'm 6'2" ) great safety features and excellent mileage on the road. I'm getting 33 mpg. It's not a rocket, but I didn't want that, just a car with enough power, AWD, and plenty of comfort. I just love it!

Favorite Features

Seats, great visibility, CVT, styling won't become dated soon like the Chrysler Cruiser, large trunk, lots of room, fun to drive on the open road

Suggested Improvements

None

Excellent find
By Tony

2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

A perfect fit for a tall family - lots of elbow and leg room . Our first voyage was 300 mi and not a complaint from anyone . Handles great and fuel consumption was acceptable for a full size car . Interior was very comfortable as was the ride - the dual climate zone is a marriage saver and the heated seats make for a very cozy ride in the winter months . After driving the AWD version , I wouldn't be happy with anything less

Favorite Features

Adjustable pedals , in dash CD changer/navi/sat. radio console . Dual climate zones - backup sensor is quite handy

Suggested Improvements

Telescopic wheel would have been nice - Trunk slams shut(needs dampening)