Used 2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

not getting rid of it
By jadebudan

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We just got 14 inches of snow and i decided that i might want something with four wheel drive. i found a jeep and went to read the reviews on it.. they were mostly very bad! so i figured i would read the reviews on my car and they were amazing which made me realize that i do have a great car. i only had a weird electrical problem with my dash that hasnt happened after it happen that once ( all the gages wouldnt move and then were jumping up and down while i was driving.. did this happen to anyone else??). I am very glad that i got this wonderful car and im definitley not trading it in anytime soon!

Love it, Love it, Love It!
By George Hargreaves

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car in June 07 with 24,000 km on it. Great in the winter since we added a set of Michelin X-Ice tires. We live on the Canadian prairies and this is the most comfortable vehicle we have ever owned. Good power, lots of head & leg room. Huge trunk. Just finished an 8,000 km drive to the Atlantic provinces and U.S. east coast and very enjoyable drive. Great gas mileage. Looking forward to more trips. Rear brakes replaced by Ford after 40,000 km. Car now has 75,000 km and runs fine. My wife loves the light green color so I hope Ford brings this color back in a few years.

On board computer, radio controls on the steering wheel, large trunk, lots of interior room, auto headlights, auto dimming rear view mirror

None - don't mess with perfection!

Could be better
By vocomchris

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Everything about this car yells Granpa or Granma. The truth is it has every safety feature out there that you want for your kids. That is why I got one. The problem is design flaws that allow for road trash to rip the fuel line off the bottom of the car. This happened to me. Some other annoying things are that it tends to accelerate while at a complete stop. It is akin to the Toyota problem. Then there are the brakes that don't seem to last more than 15k miles. I find the car has potential but just shy of four years the problems are starting to come out of hiding. It has soured me to Ford.

The roominess inside and the trunk space make this a great car for me. You can take the grill to the beach and still fit the cooler inside as well as five passengers. Don't forget the boogie boards and chairs. They fit too.

Ford has already redesigned the car and they increased the ground clearance. That should take care of the rocks that bounce up and take out the fuel filter. Hopefully the taillights have gone to led. My bulbs keep burning out and that is very annoying.

Not Bad
By Dave

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had read that Ford did a good job of packing a lot of features into the 500 at a decent price point. I found one at a local dealer that was priced very fair, Love the car, pleanty of pep, nice features, plenty of room for long legs.

Steering Wheel Controls, Lots of cup holders (I am a coffee addict) very comfortable to drive.

uhhhhh,,,, The only thing I would like to see is an stereo input jack for an Ipod.

Love my Ford 500
By Ford 500 Alabama

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the 2007 Ford 500 and love it. I am a big guy and this car fits all of my safety and room needs. I just can't believe that this car didn't get a lot of press from Ford. It is the best car that I have ever own.

Need to be more stylish on the outside.