Used 2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Most Helpful|
Air Compressor Out at 44k miles
By PACU

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Once again I have issues with a Ford at the untimely 45k mile marker. My compressor goes out in 100 degree weather and Ford wants to charge me $950 to fix it. I try to get Ford to work with me and they refused to come any lower than the $950. Last time it was my trans on my Explorer at 45k miles and they refused to work with me then too. 3 years and less than 45k miles is too early for a compressor and I think Ford should have worked with me. So with what I feel was less than acceptable customer service for a 30+ year Ford customer, I've decided that this is my sixth and LAST FORD. I've been a Ford man my entire life, but after two problems like this, no more.

Suggested Improvements

Better customer Service at Ford Corporate

Big Blue
By richy07

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased mine with 20K miles, big blue now has 110K. I've replaced the battery, frt brakes, rear brakes twice, rear rotors and tires. I previously drove a 2 dr buick regal that I LOVED for 14yrs. I never liked 4dr vehicles but the regal & monte carlo were out of circulation, I was forced into one. It was hard to get used to it, (didn't 'go' like the regal!), hydroplaning but the new tires stopped that. It's been 6 yrs and this has been an extremely comfortable, dependable, efficient vehicle I have grown to appreciate. I wouldn't say it's "fun to drive". The only maintenance I do is oil change/tire rotation every 5000-6000 miles, waste of money before 5k. I get 25-27 mpg.

Favorite Features

I love the combination door entry and the moonroof. The fold down seats are awesome, along with the large trunk I can transport large items like a recliner, 8ft folding tables, even a dresser. The dual a/c control is great. The car is really roomy and comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Cloth seats, key entry for trunk, I've yet to find the "mp3" port, better grade carpet, side molding to protect exterior from car dings, more power.

Could be better
By vocomchris

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Everything about this car yells Granpa or Granma. The truth is it has every safety feature out there that you want for your kids. That is why I got one. The problem is design flaws that allow for road trash to rip the fuel line off the bottom of the car. This happened to me. Some other annoying things are that it tends to accelerate while at a complete stop. It is akin to the Toyota problem. Then there are the brakes that don't seem to last more than 15k miles. I find the car has potential but just shy of four years the problems are starting to come out of hiding. It has soured me to Ford.

Favorite Features

The roominess inside and the trunk space make this a great car for me. You can take the grill to the beach and still fit the cooler inside as well as five passengers. Don't forget the boogie boards and chairs. They fit too.

Suggested Improvements

Ford has already redesigned the car and they increased the ground clearance. That should take care of the rocks that bounce up and take out the fuel filter. Hopefully the taillights have gone to led. My bulbs keep burning out and that is very annoying.

NEVER BUY THIS CAR!!!
By cjculster

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought mine used with only 100,000 on it and before 3 months had passed, the transmission computer was fried and I was getting an average of 15.5 mpg. Also the tires wear out really fast, the ones that came with the car had about 10,000 miles on them and one blew out in the first 5,000 miles I drove it, this may have been a lemon tire though so I don't know if it's actually the car or not. The brakes clog up and don't work on gravel and/or snow.

Favorite Features

Drives smoothly and has nice comfort features. When the transmission decides it wants to work correctly, it drives like a mock sports car. Also very large interior is useful for hauling lots of stuff.

Suggested Improvements

They should make the computer higher quality. They could definitely improve the gas mileage and the brakes could be improved so they don't clog up on gravel or snow.

Love it, Love it, Love It!
By George Hargreaves

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car in June 07 with 24,000 km on it. Great in the winter since we added a set of Michelin X-Ice tires. We live on the Canadian prairies and this is the most comfortable vehicle we have ever owned. Good power, lots of head & leg room. Huge trunk. Just finished an 8,000 km drive to the Atlantic provinces and U.S. east coast and very enjoyable drive. Great gas mileage. Looking forward to more trips. Rear brakes replaced by Ford after 40,000 km. Car now has 75,000 km and runs fine. My wife loves the light green color so I hope Ford brings this color back in a few years.

Favorite Features

On board computer, radio controls on the steering wheel, large trunk, lots of interior room, auto headlights, auto dimming rear view mirror

Suggested Improvements

None - don't mess with perfection!