2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
Love my Ford 500
By Ford 500 Alabama on 11/13/09 13:41 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the 2007 Ford 500 and love it. I am a big guy and this car fits all of my safety and room needs. I just can't believe that this car didn't get a lot of press from Ford. It is the best car that I have ever own.

Great long distance commuter car
By RTinSD on 10/09/09 20:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car new in June 2007 and to date have accumulated over 91,000 miles commuting. Other than a rear brake recall, the car has been flawless. Gets 28+ mpg consistently. Comfortable, quiet, roomy. This car is proof that America can build a reliable vehicle.

Just what I expected
By Texmarc on 09/28/09 08:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After reading numerous reviews I was sold on this car. I bought a retired company car (they maintained the car very well), a little high on mileage butwith the excellent shape of the car I thought the maintenance records outweighed the mileage (60k). The SEL has great looks; when I park next to other cars it really is a big car; averaging about 25 MPG; quiet, solid and overall very easy to drive. I paid 10,500; not a steal, but a good deal. Minor complaint: why put an sat. ready radio in the car withour the tuner?? Will cost aout $100 to convert to recieve SIRIUS; stereo is the basic CD-AM/FM and has good sound. Black is very classy, hard to keep clean; but with tinted windows looks sharp.

I like this car
By Robert on 09/19/09 21:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The longer we own this car, the more we like it. We had one problem with abnormal brake wear and Ford took car of it even though it wasn't a warranty item. Handling is very good for such a large car (especially in snow with AWD), ride is excellent and gas mileage has been more than surprising. We got 31 mpg on a recent trip through Arizona and New Mexico. Average mpg in our local hilly/mountain area is 19 city and 26 highway (better than EPA estimate.)

My Favorite
By Lotson on 08/19/09 14:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I just bought my Five Hundred last week and I already love it. Being military I needed a good car to travel from Savannah to Ft Stewart everyday. I love the space, and the powerful V6 engine. The V6 and the AWD combine perfectly when i have one of those days, and wake up a little late.

First & Last Ford
By thoss29 on 08/02/09 11:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The 1st year of ownership was great, since then we have had the rear brakes recalled because of abnormal wear & grinding under 15000 miles. Power Steering pump went bad, A/C Compressor went bad, power windows quit working, then magically fixed themselves, when I put it in gear it lunges forward if the A/C is running. If my foot is not firmly on the brakes it lunges hard enough to hit something in front or behind the vehicle. And the OEM tires lasted about 35000 miles with regular rotations. It is very comfortable & gets decent fuel mileage in town & exceptional highway mileage for a car of it's size. The shifting of automatic transmission take a little getting used to.

My new/used 500
By Gary on 07/24/09 13:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I used to drive an Elantra GT. I started to have leg pains on long drives. I decided to search for a comfortable and safe car. After reading many owner comments about the Ford 500 I decided it was the car for me. There isn't a lot of 500's in my area but I found one with low mileage and in great shape. My wife and I love the car!! Thanks to you owners of 500"s I made a great choice and I look forward to many years of ownership.

Ford 500
By Matt B on 06/24/09 19:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 07 Ford 500 back in June 2007. Things have been going ok until Christmas of last year when on vecation car died while driving using cruise control. After this died 3-4 times for the same reason but then only by adjusting speed by cruise controls. After that abnormal wear on back rotors and break pads. Now after 80.000 miles the transmissions seems to starts slipping when go beyond first gear. Car is still at the shop so we will see when they finish with the diagnostics.

Love it
By Gerry on 04/17/09 16:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought a 2007 Ford 500 and we have 93,000kms on it already. I am 77 years old a retired professional transport driver and have had a lot of cars in my life time. I Have never had a vehicle that is as reliable for driving in the snow, ice and slush of Alberta Winters. We have gone to Alaska, and Nova Scotia and never had one ounce of trouble. Love It love It Love It!!!

Way Underrated
By Rockinroller on 04/11/09 14:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

It's great that reviews like Edmunds knock vehicles that are actually superb examples of engineering and excellent design/functionality. It keeps the prices low!! I purchased my 500 AWD Limited not long ago, used, with 19000 miles. I was looking for a suitable substitute to the mundane and boring SUVs and a departure from the bumpy ride from my most recent leased vehicle, a Dakota 4x4. The 500 is a complete 180 in terms of quality, comfort, utility and style. The interior is totally functional, the visibility is unrestricted and the power from the 3.0 engine is more than adequate for anything beyond a street race (at $2.00+ a gal. for gas, what the heck is so important about speed?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.