Used 2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

First & Last Ford
By thoss29

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The 1st year of ownership was great, since then we have had the rear brakes recalled because of abnormal wear & grinding under 15000 miles. Power Steering pump went bad, A/C Compressor went bad, power windows quit working, then magically fixed themselves, when I put it in gear it lunges forward if the A/C is running. If my foot is not firmly on the brakes it lunges hard enough to hit something in front or behind the vehicle. And the OEM tires lasted about 35000 miles with regular rotations. It is very comfortable & gets decent fuel mileage in town & exceptional highway mileage for a car of it's size. The shifting of automatic transmission take a little getting used to.

Favorite Features

Highway Mileage, roominess & comfort. Big trunk size

Just what I expected
By Texmarc

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After reading numerous reviews I was sold on this car. I bought a retired company car (they maintained the car very well), a little high on mileage butwith the excellent shape of the car I thought the maintenance records outweighed the mileage (60k). The SEL has great looks; when I park next to other cars it really is a big car; averaging about 25 MPG; quiet, solid and overall very easy to drive. I paid 10,500; not a steal, but a good deal. Minor complaint: why put an sat. ready radio in the car withour the tuner?? Will cost aout $100 to convert to recieve SIRIUS; stereo is the basic CD-AM/FM and has good sound. Black is very classy, hard to keep clean; but with tinted windows looks sharp.

Favorite Features

very comfortable ride, quiet, hassle free controls, high seating, great crusier on highway, easy city driving, more room than I'll ever use. Last owner installed Michelin Hydro Edge tires 4k B4 I bought: strongly recommend these tires; great grip and no better tires for this car.

Suggested Improvements

CVT has mixed reviews; so far so good. Ford should make the radio fully functional with the sat ready attenna. Seats are good but could be a bit more plush; lumbar would be nice.

LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
By rainibow

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car with 100,000 miles on it. I have since only replaced the rear brakes and it is due for new spark plugs and wires, but nothing major. The only complaint I have is that my traction control light comes on randomly and I can not figure out what is wrong. That is a bummer, but nothing too bad. I drive 100 miles a day for work and this car makes it tolerable. It is very comfortable and reliable. It doesn't get the best mpg, but the comfort makes up for that. I have 2 teenagers and they say they have tons of room in the back. It is now at 130,000 miles and I am hoping it will survive a few more years!!! I would recommend this car!!

Favorite Features

Comfort, comfort, comfort!!!

Great long distance commuter car
By RTinSD

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car new in June 2007 and to date have accumulated over 91,000 miles commuting. Other than a rear brake recall, the car has been flawless. Gets 28+ mpg consistently. Comfortable, quiet, roomy. This car is proof that America can build a reliable vehicle.

Favorite Features

Seating position and large front windshield. Rear parking sensors.

Suggested Improvements

auxiliary plug-in for an MP3 player

Its a great car!
By gibson63

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2007 SEL that I love! It is so comfortable for myself who is 6'2", I really like the stadium style seating, to sit higher is so much more like sitting in a chair. The back leg room is amazing and so is the trunk space, then to have the back seats drop down even more space. It is very deceiving from the outside, it does not look that roomy until you get inside. I like the style of the car, I do not get the "boring" label given to it. The issue of power, I have not felt it be a problem, I drive in the Bay area and if I can make it there anyone else should be able to. I did have the brakes replaced by Ford during an oil change they suggested it and was covered by them at 24K.

Favorite Features

Great amount of room in the cabin and trunk. Lots of cup holders and storage on doors. Great driver visability. A real value to buy a used one with lots of options and get a well built car at a lot less than new cars out there, I have seen some with less than 30k with all the options for $10 to $15 thousand. Nice color choices.