Used 2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Not Bad
By Dave

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had read that Ford did a good job of packing a lot of features into the 500 at a decent price point. I found one at a local dealer that was priced very fair, Love the car, pleanty of pep, nice features, plenty of room for long legs.

Favorite Features

Steering Wheel Controls, Lots of cup holders (I am a coffee addict) very comfortable to drive.

Suggested Improvements

uhhhhh,,,, The only thing I would like to see is an stereo input jack for an Ipod.

Love my Ford 500
By Ford 500 Alabama

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the 2007 Ford 500 and love it. I am a big guy and this car fits all of my safety and room needs. I just can't believe that this car didn't get a lot of press from Ford. It is the best car that I have ever own.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Need to be more stylish on the outside.

Great long distance commuter car
By RTinSD

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car new in June 2007 and to date have accumulated over 91,000 miles commuting. Other than a rear brake recall, the car has been flawless. Gets 28+ mpg consistently. Comfortable, quiet, roomy. This car is proof that America can build a reliable vehicle.

Favorite Features

Seating position and large front windshield. Rear parking sensors.

Suggested Improvements

auxiliary plug-in for an MP3 player

Just what I expected
By Texmarc

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After reading numerous reviews I was sold on this car. I bought a retired company car (they maintained the car very well), a little high on mileage butwith the excellent shape of the car I thought the maintenance records outweighed the mileage (60k). The SEL has great looks; when I park next to other cars it really is a big car; averaging about 25 MPG; quiet, solid and overall very easy to drive. I paid 10,500; not a steal, but a good deal. Minor complaint: why put an sat. ready radio in the car withour the tuner?? Will cost aout $100 to convert to recieve SIRIUS; stereo is the basic CD-AM/FM and has good sound. Black is very classy, hard to keep clean; but with tinted windows looks sharp.

Favorite Features

very comfortable ride, quiet, hassle free controls, high seating, great crusier on highway, easy city driving, more room than I'll ever use. Last owner installed Michelin Hydro Edge tires 4k B4 I bought: strongly recommend these tires; great grip and no better tires for this car.

Suggested Improvements

CVT has mixed reviews; so far so good. Ford should make the radio fully functional with the sat ready attenna. Seats are good but could be a bit more plush; lumbar would be nice.

First & Last Ford
By thoss29

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The 1st year of ownership was great, since then we have had the rear brakes recalled because of abnormal wear & grinding under 15000 miles. Power Steering pump went bad, A/C Compressor went bad, power windows quit working, then magically fixed themselves, when I put it in gear it lunges forward if the A/C is running. If my foot is not firmly on the brakes it lunges hard enough to hit something in front or behind the vehicle. And the OEM tires lasted about 35000 miles with regular rotations. It is very comfortable & gets decent fuel mileage in town & exceptional highway mileage for a car of it's size. The shifting of automatic transmission take a little getting used to.

Favorite Features

Highway Mileage, roominess & comfort. Big trunk size