2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
Not Bad
By Dave on 05/19/10 05:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had read that Ford did a good job of packing a lot of features into the 500 at a decent price point. I found one at a local dealer that was priced very fair, Love the car, pleanty of pep, nice features, plenty of room for long legs.

Love my Ford 500
By Ford 500 Alabama on 11/13/09 13:41 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the 2007 Ford 500 and love it. I am a big guy and this car fits all of my safety and room needs. I just can't believe that this car didn't get a lot of press from Ford. It is the best car that I have ever own.

Great long distance commuter car
By RTinSD on 10/09/09 20:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car new in June 2007 and to date have accumulated over 91,000 miles commuting. Other than a rear brake recall, the car has been flawless. Gets 28+ mpg consistently. Comfortable, quiet, roomy. This car is proof that America can build a reliable vehicle.

Just what I expected
By Texmarc on 09/28/09 08:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After reading numerous reviews I was sold on this car. I bought a retired company car (they maintained the car very well), a little high on mileage butwith the excellent shape of the car I thought the maintenance records outweighed the mileage (60k). The SEL has great looks; when I park next to other cars it really is a big car; averaging about 25 MPG; quiet, solid and overall very easy to drive. I paid 10,500; not a steal, but a good deal. Minor complaint: why put an sat. ready radio in the car withour the tuner?? Will cost aout $100 to convert to recieve SIRIUS; stereo is the basic CD-AM/FM and has good sound. Black is very classy, hard to keep clean; but with tinted windows looks sharp.

First & Last Ford
By thoss29 on 08/02/09 11:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The 1st year of ownership was great, since then we have had the rear brakes recalled because of abnormal wear & grinding under 15000 miles. Power Steering pump went bad, A/C Compressor went bad, power windows quit working, then magically fixed themselves, when I put it in gear it lunges forward if the A/C is running. If my foot is not firmly on the brakes it lunges hard enough to hit something in front or behind the vehicle. And the OEM tires lasted about 35000 miles with regular rotations. It is very comfortable & gets decent fuel mileage in town & exceptional highway mileage for a car of it's size. The shifting of automatic transmission take a little getting used to.

Ford 500
By Matt B on 06/24/09 19:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 07 Ford 500 back in June 2007. Things have been going ok until Christmas of last year when on vecation car died while driving using cruise control. After this died 3-4 times for the same reason but then only by adjusting speed by cruise controls. After that abnormal wear on back rotors and break pads. Now after 80.000 miles the transmissions seems to starts slipping when go beyond first gear. Car is still at the shop so we will see when they finish with the diagnostics.

Sold cars for 18 years and love the 500
By retired dealer on 04/04/09 00:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am thrilled with the dependability, comfort, safety, and storage capacity of this vehicle. The present mileage is at 51,000 and have had no problems. Braking system is excellent, Needed new pads at 40K with no other parts needed. I use Mobil 1 for oil changes and the car runs excellent. I recently drove another ford 500 with 12,000 miles and found no noticeable difference in the drive of my vehicle. The only issue is that I am 6'4'' and the leg room could be about 3" longer for my left leg. I can live with this because many of the vehicles that I've sold over the years would be non dependable and I would be walking rather than driving. Average mpg is 23.6 since car was new. WOW. LOVE IT.

Great Car - Very Underrated
By Jerry on 08/06/08 21:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had three Honda Accords. I decided to buy a used Ford 500 versus the new 2008 Accord based upon value. This car is great. It drives well and has lots of room - lots of compliments from riders about the room. My family enjoys the car, too. Safety ratings were a big reason for purchasing as well. Fuel economy has been very good. Consistently 20-21 in town. On the highway between 29 and 32 (I did get 32.5 on one trip). Overall, this is a great car. Although many in the press have not given favorable responses, many owners like me seem to think this is a highly underrated car - a diamond in the rough. SEL package is nicely equipped. Great A/C system in hot climate.

Nice Family Vehicle
By hageman6 on 08/06/08 13:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this vehicle for a few months and I have been very happy with the performance. I know people keep knocking the lack of power, but really the overall power and passing power has been satisfactory for me. I must admit we are a family that had minivans due to the kids, but I am happy with the performance and comfort of this vehcile and there is plenty of room for the family.

I'm glad I didn't pay for this
By Kris on 05/26/08 20:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am an insurance adjuster and this is my company car and I drive it hard. I currently have about 67000 miles on it and have had numerous problems with it mechanically. At 30K the trans began shifting hard, took it to the dealer and had the throttlebody replaced. At 50K the steering was loose and was pulling hard, had the left lower ball joint (which only came with the control arm) and the steering gear replaced. At 65K the same trans problem and they again replaced the throttlebody. Another adjuster has had similar problems with the steering/suspension. Also, 3.0 is not that powerful. You might have better luck as an everyday commuter instead of a workhorse like me.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.