Used 2007 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Love the Car!
By bayliner2255

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car 3 years ago with 40k miles and now have 82k miles and I want another one! With mix driving i get 28.6mpg and thats with my own math! It gets up moves when i want it too and i love the sound of the v6 in it! Very comfortable car to take on road trips! I love the exterior styling of the car! Everytime i look at the car I fall back in love! I do think they could have done a little more on the dash to make it more stylish but i still think the dash is very nice and user friendly! I do recommend this car to anyone and everyone. Good on fuel, stylish, and fun to drive!

The exterior styling

I wish they would have offered a v8 or something more in it!

WAY UNDER RATED
By scotsman5

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My 2007 I bought new. The only thing that we replaced is a altenator and battery once and the normal brakes, tires, filters, tuneups. This car still drives and rides like the day we bought it. The car has 182,488k miles. I'd buy a new one but ford no longer builds them. Ready to buy another with 37k miles. Love these cars.

NEVER BUY THIS CAR!!!
By cjculster

2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought mine used with only 100,000 on it and before 3 months had passed, the transmission computer was fried and I was getting an average of 15.5 mpg. Also the tires wear out really fast, the ones that came with the car had about 10,000 miles on them and one blew out in the first 5,000 miles I drove it, this may have been a lemon tire though so I don't know if it's actually the car or not. The brakes clog up and don't work on gravel and/or snow.

Drives smoothly and has nice comfort features. When the transmission decides it wants to work correctly, it drives like a mock sports car. Also very large interior is useful for hauling lots of stuff.

They should make the computer higher quality. They could definitely improve the gas mileage and the brakes could be improved so they don't clog up on gravel or snow.

Its a great car!
By gibson63

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2007 SEL that I love! It is so comfortable for myself who is 6'2", I really like the stadium style seating, to sit higher is so much more like sitting in a chair. The back leg room is amazing and so is the trunk space, then to have the back seats drop down even more space. It is very deceiving from the outside, it does not look that roomy until you get inside. I like the style of the car, I do not get the "boring" label given to it. The issue of power, I have not felt it be a problem, I drive in the Bay area and if I can make it there anyone else should be able to. I did have the brakes replaced by Ford during an oil change they suggested it and was covered by them at 24K.

Great amount of room in the cabin and trunk. Lots of cup holders and storage on doors. Great driver visability. A real value to buy a used one with lots of options and get a well built car at a lot less than new cars out there, I have seen some with less than 30k with all the options for $10 to $15 thousand. Nice color choices.

Lacks kick
By gonskeen

2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Got the car new in October, 2006 as a Company Car. Upgraded to the limited & got the leather, full power, upgraded radio, heated seats etc. Very roomy car & comfortable on long trips. Handles fine in the snow. I put snow tires on it in the winter. Overall very reliable. The engine has always been on the loud side & lacks spunk. The alternator has gone out 2x, currently on its 3rd. The heated seats have also malfunctioned 2x. Biggest issue is the A/C. It stopped giving cold air at low speeds & idle last year. Brought it to a local dealer 3x. They replaced the condensor & to this date, still doesnt work right.

Good Radio. Heated Seats. Trunk Space.