2007 Ford Five Hundred - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
not getting rid of it
By jadebudan on 12/14/10 23:09 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We just got 14 inches of snow and i decided that i might want something with four wheel drive. i found a jeep and went to read the reviews on it.. they were mostly very bad! so i figured i would read the reviews on my car and they were amazing which made me realize that i do have a great car. i only had a weird electrical problem with my dash that hasnt happened after it happen that once ( all the gages wouldnt move and then were jumping up and down while i was driving.. did this happen to anyone else??). I am very glad that i got this wonderful car and im definitley not trading it in anytime soon!

Love my car but 2 aggravations..
By Judie on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We have a problem keeping the drivers seat in selected selected position. The trunk lock is real stinker. Usually takes several tries to open it. I Wish it had a key entry to it.

Love it, Love it, Love It!
By George Hargreaves on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car in June 07 with 24,000 km on it. Great in the winter since we added a set of Michelin X-Ice tires. We live on the Canadian prairies and this is the most comfortable vehicle we have ever owned. Good power, lots of head & leg room. Huge trunk. Just finished an 8,000 km drive to the Atlantic provinces and U.S. east coast and very enjoyable drive. Great gas mileage. Looking forward to more trips. Rear brakes replaced by Ford after 40,000 km. Car now has 75,000 km and runs fine. My wife loves the light green color so I hope Ford brings this color back in a few years.

Could be better
By vocomchris on 06/13/10 20:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Everything about this car yells Granpa or Granma. The truth is it has every safety feature out there that you want for your kids. That is why I got one. The problem is design flaws that allow for road trash to rip the fuel line off the bottom of the car. This happened to me. Some other annoying things are that it tends to accelerate while at a complete stop. It is akin to the Toyota problem. Then there are the brakes that don't seem to last more than 15k miles. I find the car has potential but just shy of four years the problems are starting to come out of hiding. It has soured me to Ford.

Air Compressor Out at 44k miles
By PACU on 06/07/10 12:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Once again I have issues with a Ford at the untimely 45k mile marker. My compressor goes out in 100 degree weather and Ford wants to charge me $950 to fix it. I try to get Ford to work with me and they refused to come any lower than the $950. Last time it was my trans on my Explorer at 45k miles and they refused to work with me then too. 3 years and less than 45k miles is too early for a compressor and I think Ford should have worked with me. So with what I feel was less than acceptable customer service for a 30+ year Ford customer, I've decided that this is my sixth and LAST FORD. I've been a Ford man my entire life, but after two problems like this, no more.

I love this car
By Darry'n Dunn on 06/03/10 08:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking for a car with Class, Plenty of room, Beautiful Design and Long lasting. I found all of this and more in my Ford 500 Limited. The body style has not changed in the time I brought it, giving me the feel of still having a new car. I like the refer to my car as the poor mans Maybach!

Not Bad
By Dave on 05/19/10 05:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had read that Ford did a good job of packing a lot of features into the 500 at a decent price point. I found one at a local dealer that was priced very fair, Love the car, pleanty of pep, nice features, plenty of room for long legs.

Love It, Love It, Love It!
By JWE on 04/10/10 06:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I can't recommend this car enough, great on the open road, stylish, comfortable for tall people (I'm 6'2" ) great safety features and excellent mileage on the road. I'm getting 33 mpg. It's not a rocket, but I didn't want that, just a car with enough power, AWD, and plenty of comfort. I just love it!

Excellent find
By Tony on 02/10/10 20:48 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

A perfect fit for a tall family - lots of elbow and leg room . Our first voyage was 300 mi and not a complaint from anyone . Handles great and fuel consumption was acceptable for a full size car . Interior was very comfortable as was the ride - the dual climate zone is a marriage saver and the heated seats make for a very cozy ride in the winter months . After driving the AWD version , I wouldn't be happy with anything less

Touring Car (NOT All Weather Car)
By DBLD on 01/30/10 05:02 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased this 500 because it's AWD...well 2 days after purchase 10" of snow! I was very disappointed in how AWD performed! I've owned 2 other AWD vehicles and they were flawless...in all types of weather,(100% better in the snow.) The 500 slips and slides all over the place!(even with NEW touring tires!)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.