Used 2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Pleasantly surprised
By Richy

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased mine in 2008 with 22k miles. I currently have 160k and running great. I have put 2 sets of tires, 2 batteries and a set of breaks and plugs/wires. Only repair is a water pump at 145k. The only complaint I have is the map light, it was replaced under warranty but still drives me crazy; can't get it to go out once I turn it on. I love the spacious cabin and trunk. Everybody that rides in the back seat is amazed at the space. I have commuted a lot and go on long trips a few times a year and the seats have never been uncomfortable. This vehicle is easy to get in and out of due to the height of the seats. I have hauled numerous large items such as 8 ft tables, antique sewing machine, recliner, even a wheelchair (with luggage). I settled for this Ford because I couldn't afford the Buick.... never dreamed it would be this great.

NEVER BUY THIS CAR!!!
By cjculster

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought mine used with only 100,000 on it and before 3 months had passed, the transmission computer was fried and I was getting an average of 15.5 mpg.
Also the tires wear out really fast, the ones that came with the car had about 10,000 miles on them and one blew out in the first 5,000 miles I drove it, this may have been a lemon tire though so I don't know if it's actually the car or not.
The brakes clog up and don't work on gravel and/or snow.

Drives smoothly and has nice comfort features. When the transmission decides it wants to work correctly, it drives like a mock sports car. Also very large interior is useful for hauling lots of stuff.

They should make the computer higher quality. They could definitely improve the gas mileage and the brakes could be improved so they don't clog up on gravel or snow.

Lacks kick
By gonskeen

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Got the car new in October, 2006 as a Company Car. Upgraded to the limited & got the leather, full power, upgraded radio, heated seats etc. Very roomy car & comfortable on long trips. Handles fine in the snow. I put snow tires on it in the winter. Overall very reliable. The engine has always been on the loud side & lacks spunk. The alternator has gone out 2x, currently on its 3rd. The heated seats have also malfunctioned 2x. Biggest issue is the A/C. It stopped giving cold air at low speeds & idle last year. Brought it to a local dealer 3x. They replaced the condensor & to this date, still doesnt work right.

Good Radio. Heated Seats. Trunk Space.

I love this car
By Darry'n Dunn

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking for a car with Class, Plenty of room, Beautiful Design and Long lasting. I found all of this and more in my Ford 500 Limited. The body style has not changed in the time I brought it, giving me the feel of still having a new car. I like the refer to my car as the poor mans Maybach!

The interior

None

Love it
By Gerry

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought a 2007 Ford 500 and we have 93,000kms on it already. I am 77 years old a retired professional transport driver and have had a lot of cars in my life time. I Have never had a vehicle that is as reliable for driving in the snow, ice and slush of Alberta Winters. We have gone to Alaska, and Nova Scotia and never had one ounce of trouble. Love It love It Love It!!!

Transmision, four wheel drive, high sitting, 18 inch wheels, a real plus for elderly people

Arm rest on the drivers door should be a little higher