Used 2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

NEVER BUY THIS CAR!!!
By cjculster

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought mine used with only 100,000 on it and before 3 months had passed, the transmission computer was fried and I was getting an average of 15.5 mpg. Also the tires wear out really fast, the ones that came with the car had about 10,000 miles on them and one blew out in the first 5,000 miles I drove it, this may have been a lemon tire though so I don't know if it's actually the car or not. The brakes clog up and don't work on gravel and/or snow.

Favorite Features

Drives smoothly and has nice comfort features. When the transmission decides it wants to work correctly, it drives like a mock sports car. Also very large interior is useful for hauling lots of stuff.

Suggested Improvements

They should make the computer higher quality. They could definitely improve the gas mileage and the brakes could be improved so they don't clog up on gravel or snow.

Lacks kick
By gonskeen

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Got the car new in October, 2006 as a Company Car. Upgraded to the limited & got the leather, full power, upgraded radio, heated seats etc. Very roomy car & comfortable on long trips. Handles fine in the snow. I put snow tires on it in the winter. Overall very reliable. The engine has always been on the loud side & lacks spunk. The alternator has gone out 2x, currently on its 3rd. The heated seats have also malfunctioned 2x. Biggest issue is the A/C. It stopped giving cold air at low speeds & idle last year. Brought it to a local dealer 3x. They replaced the condensor & to this date, still doesnt work right.

Favorite Features

Good Radio. Heated Seats. Trunk Space.

I love this car
By Darry'n Dunn

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking for a car with Class, Plenty of room, Beautiful Design and Long lasting. I found all of this and more in my Ford 500 Limited. The body style has not changed in the time I brought it, giving me the feel of still having a new car. I like the refer to my car as the poor mans Maybach!

Favorite Features

The interior

Suggested Improvements

None

Love it
By Gerry

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought a 2007 Ford 500 and we have 93,000kms on it already. I am 77 years old a retired professional transport driver and have had a lot of cars in my life time. I Have never had a vehicle that is as reliable for driving in the snow, ice and slush of Alberta Winters. We have gone to Alaska, and Nova Scotia and never had one ounce of trouble. Love It love It Love It!!!

Favorite Features

Transmision, four wheel drive, high sitting, 18 inch wheels, a real plus for elderly people

Suggested Improvements

Arm rest on the drivers door should be a little higher

Why Do All The Reviews Bag On This Car?
By Steve

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Five Hundred used. At only $16000, and only 13000 miles on the odometer it was a steal. I was checking out Hyundai Sonata's, but I wanted a V6, and had no desire to pay over 20 grand for a car. So I checked out Five Hundreds, I couldn't believe my luck. I always admired the styling of the car, and its safety features. It is roomy and comfortable, gets great gas mileage. I get many compliments on its color and design. Power is great, more than adequate, I mean, come on, how much power is enough? It's fast on the on ramp, good for passing, and corners beautifully. And since I drive mountain roads to get to work, in Calistoga, I love the saftey features and i size. Did I mention MPG?

Favorite Features

Large trunk, lumbar support, stereo, drive, value, safety, and American.

Suggested Improvements

Better braking, and I recommend getting a K&N air filter right away, for good, inexpensive, power increase, gas mileage, and for a smoother, throatier sound when putting the petal to the metal.