2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
NEVER BUY THIS CAR!!!
By cjculster on 01/15/12 23:26 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought mine used with only 100,000 on it and before 3 months had passed, the transmission computer was fried and I was getting an average of 15.5 mpg. Also the tires wear out really fast, the ones that came with the car had about 10,000 miles on them and one blew out in the first 5,000 miles I drove it, this may have been a lemon tire though so I don't know if it's actually the car or not. The brakes clog up and don't work on gravel and/or snow.

Lacks kick
By gonskeen on 07/13/11 08:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Got the car new in October, 2006 as a Company Car. Upgraded to the limited & got the leather, full power, upgraded radio, heated seats etc. Very roomy car & comfortable on long trips. Handles fine in the snow. I put snow tires on it in the winter. Overall very reliable. The engine has always been on the loud side & lacks spunk. The alternator has gone out 2x, currently on its 3rd. The heated seats have also malfunctioned 2x. Biggest issue is the A/C. It stopped giving cold air at low speeds & idle last year. Brought it to a local dealer 3x. They replaced the condensor & to this date, still doesnt work right.

I love this car
By Darry'n Dunn on 06/03/10 08:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking for a car with Class, Plenty of room, Beautiful Design and Long lasting. I found all of this and more in my Ford 500 Limited. The body style has not changed in the time I brought it, giving me the feel of still having a new car. I like the refer to my car as the poor mans Maybach!

Love it
By Gerry on 04/17/09 16:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought a 2007 Ford 500 and we have 93,000kms on it already. I am 77 years old a retired professional transport driver and have had a lot of cars in my life time. I Have never had a vehicle that is as reliable for driving in the snow, ice and slush of Alberta Winters. We have gone to Alaska, and Nova Scotia and never had one ounce of trouble. Love It love It Love It!!!

Why Do All The Reviews Bag On This Car?
By Steve on 11/28/08 21:24 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Five Hundred used. At only $16000, and only 13000 miles on the odometer it was a steal. I was checking out Hyundai Sonata's, but I wanted a V6, and had no desire to pay over 20 grand for a car. So I checked out Five Hundreds, I couldn't believe my luck. I always admired the styling of the car, and its safety features. It is roomy and comfortable, gets great gas mileage. I get many compliments on its color and design. Power is great, more than adequate, I mean, come on, how much power is enough? It's fast on the on ramp, good for passing, and corners beautifully. And since I drive mountain roads to get to work, in Calistoga, I love the saftey features and i size. Did I mention MPG?

My Ford 500 Limited
By Jason's Dawgs on 07/19/08 07:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I traded in our TrailBlazer and bought our Ford 500 in April of 2007. I have taken several trips from Charleston South Carolina to Cleveland Ohio with our family. The vehicle is very comforting for long trips, and there's tons of trunk space. Ford definitely kepf safety in mind when they built this car. Five star crash test ratings. I would recomend this vehicle to anyone.

Our family car
By Dano on 03/21/08 17:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We are a family of 4, two are still in car seats. Lots of room inside, you dont have to worry about kids kicking the back of your seat. The trunk is awesome, lots of room for everything. Just wished the mileage was a little better. We struggle to get 30 hwy.

Nice
By Bigdaddylex on 10/30/07 16:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 500 almost 6 months ago and I love it. It's roomy and drives smooth. Everyone that rides with me say they like it. It's classy but moves when needed. I'd buy another one and is different from the others in it's class.

Easy to live with
By John W on 10/12/07 10:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After four months of ownership I must admit I've been very pleased with this car! It does have a few shortcomings but I'm happy with my purchase decision. Two things stand out in this model, unlike the Chrysler 300, visibility is terrific, secondly and something I've really come to appreciate is the easy in and out feature of its SUV like interior. You don't fall into the car like you do with so many others, you just kind of slide into the seat. Many so-called professional reviewers have knocked the 500 for its lack of power. So far I have not felt the need for more power, nor would I care to give up its excellent mileage for a little more speed. I do find the shifting habit of the six

First new Ford in a while....like it!
By KDS on 08/26/07 17:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We are in our 50's & take road trips with friends, swapping drivers so I sometimes end up in the back. I have a very tall upper body & somewhat short legs. We test sat/drove many vehicles of all makes including the 2008 Taurus and the Five Hundred was the only one I didn't have my head touching the roof when sitting in back. Ours is a 2007 Five Hundred Limited FWD in white/pebble and we love it! Is it the most luxurious car we've ever owned? no. The sportiest? no. But it is perfect for us. Room aplenty, smooth ride, good gas mileage, adjustable pedals, thoughtful features, classy looks, good build quality. We're just happy we got one before they were all gone.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.