Used 2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Great car for value
By Ray

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car as a demonstrator with 8000 miles. It now has 160,000. It has been a great car for the value. Very reliable. Only major repair was the a/c compressor leak. Have no engine or transmissions issues. Average gas mileage is 24-26. Have owned Chevy, VW, Porsche Mercedes and Mazda. This might be the most reliable of all. Think it has thousands of miles left in it.

201000 AND RUNS LIKE A CHAMP
By steve

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

bought this car used w around 80,000 and have driven it daily since. I have over 209000 on it currently and still no major repairs. It is not awd but has the cvt trans. servicing the trans is expensive but have not ever had a problem with it. Everything on the car still works as it should. Super roomy rear passenger seats. Huge trunk. I average about 27 mpg which is good for a car that is so roomy. This is THE most Comfortable Driverseat, I have ever sat in. Love the elevated seat position.

Excellent car overall, but repairs are frequent
By International Emergency Vehicle Repsonses

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I like my Ford Five- Hundred SEL 3.0L V6. Overall, excellent car. The main problem i'm having right now is ride comfort, transmission being to lurky, and repairs. It is not as reliable as my 2007 Toyota Highlander Sport 3.3L V6 3R, but the dealer support is a lot better. I take my car to quick- lane, and they are super nice people, love the vending machines in the waiting room and I like the fact that they are honest- they focus more on quality repairs than making a profit, which is very impressive. It has had a lot of drivetrain problems: Many engine leaks and problems, some transmission problems and the occasional brake problems, but too be fair, I should take better care of it, getting the oil changed more, etc. I like the interior, nice cloth seats and the legroom is amazing. I love how the center console is level with the seats, because everytime I drive it, my dog sits on the armrest/ center console and he loves it there, you know he feels safe and he's next to me, so we both love it. Handling in snow is great, considering it is Front Wheel Drive, way way better snow handling than my Toyota Highlander. Transmission lurches everytime I change gears, which is annoying and the car is too low to the ground, so much so that when driving over a speed bump, one can hear the "pleasant" sound of the undercarriage scraping the bump, and backing out of driveways, you hear the famous scrape sound that my car is notorious for. I could take better care of it though, and I'm a Ford fan till the end. It's not my preferred style of vehicle, I'd like an SUV or pickup, but it's a great car overall. I bought it new in 2008 for $7500 after it was my work car

190,000
By bergie44

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2007 Five-Hundred SEL, with 190,000 miles on it.
It runs great, and did not have any major problems.
Did normal tune-up, replaced brake pads about every 50,000 miles.
Replaces Uni-Royals about every 70,000 miles.
Great, great car.

Like the ride and comfort. Great gas millage, reliability superb.

Big Blue
By richy07

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased mine with 20K miles, big blue now has 110K.
I've replaced the battery, frt brakes, rear brakes twice, rear rotors and tires.
I previously drove a 2 dr buick regal that I LOVED for 14yrs.
I never liked 4dr vehicles but the regal & monte carlo were out of circulation, I was forced into one. It was hard to get used to it, (didn't 'go' like the regal!), hydroplaning but the new tires stopped that. It's been 6 yrs and this has been an extremely comfortable, dependable, efficient vehicle I have grown to appreciate. I wouldn't say it's "fun to drive".
The only maintenance I do is oil change/tire rotation every 5000-6000 miles, waste of money before 5k. I get 25-27 mpg.

I love the combination door entry and the moonroof. The fold down seats are awesome, along with the large trunk I can transport large items like a recliner, 8ft folding tables, even a dresser. The dual a/c control is great. The car is really roomy and comfortable.

Cloth seats, key entry for trunk, I've yet to find the "mp3" port, better grade carpet, side molding to protect exterior from car dings, more power.