Used 2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Pleasantly surprised
By Richy

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased mine in 2008 with 22k miles. I currently have 160k and running great. I have put 2 sets of tires, 2 batteries and a set of breaks and plugs/wires. Only repair is a water pump at 145k. The only complaint I have is the map light, it was replaced under warranty but still drives me crazy; can't get it to go out once I turn it on. I love the spacious cabin and trunk. Everybody that rides in the back seat is amazed at the space. I have commuted a lot and go on long trips a few times a year and the seats have never been uncomfortable. This vehicle is easy to get in and out of due to the height of the seats. I have hauled numerous large items such as 8 ft tables, antique sewing machine, recliner, even a wheelchair (with luggage). I settled for this Ford because I couldn't afford the Buick.... never dreamed it would be this great.

Great car for value
By Ray

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car as a demonstrator with 8000 miles. It now has 160,000. It has been a great car for the value. Very reliable. Only major repair was the a/c compressor leak. Have no engine or transmissions issues. Average gas mileage is 24-26. Have owned Chevy, VW, Porsche Mercedes and Mazda. This might be the most reliable of all. Think it has thousands of miles left in it.

201000 AND RUNS LIKE A CHAMP
By steve

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

bought this car used w around 80,000 and have driven it daily since. I have over 209000 on it currently and still no major repairs. It is not awd but has the cvt trans. servicing the trans is expensive but have not ever had a problem with it. Everything on the car still works as it should. Super roomy rear passenger seats. Huge trunk. I average about 27 mpg which is good for a car that is so roomy. This is THE most Comfortable Driverseat, I have ever sat in. Love the elevated seat position.

Excellent car overall, but repairs are frequent
By International Emergency Vehicle Repsonses

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I like my Ford Five- Hundred SEL 3.0L V6. Overall, excellent car. The main problem i'm having right now is ride comfort, transmission being to lurky, and repairs. It is not as reliable as my 2007 Toyota Highlander Sport 3.3L V6 3R, but the dealer support is a lot better. I take my car to quick- lane, and they are super nice people, love the vending machines in the waiting room and I like the fact that they are honest- they focus more on quality repairs than making a profit, which is very impressive. It has had a lot of drivetrain problems: Many engine leaks and problems, some transmission problems and the occasional brake problems, but too be fair, I should take better care of it, getting the oil changed more, etc. I like the interior, nice cloth seats and the legroom is amazing. I love how the center console is level with the seats, because everytime I drive it, my dog sits on the armrest/ center console and he loves it there, you know he feels safe and he's next to me, so we both love it. Handling in snow is great, considering it is Front Wheel Drive, way way better snow handling than my Toyota Highlander. Transmission lurches everytime I change gears, which is annoying and the car is too low to the ground, so much so that when driving over a speed bump, one can hear the "pleasant" sound of the undercarriage scraping the bump, and backing out of driveways, you hear the famous scrape sound that my car is notorious for. I could take better care of it though, and I'm a Ford fan till the end. It's not my preferred style of vehicle, I'd like an SUV or pickup, but it's a great car overall. I bought it new in 2008 for $7500 after it was my work car

Don't waste your hard earned money
By Michelle Younger

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Ford made a bad car and knew about it when they put this out on the market. Ford has a class-action lawsuit against them right now for the transmission going out before 80,000 miles, also can go out while driving it.
This car was bought new off the lot in 2007,and has been in the family and taken good care of, the transmission started a "helicopter" noise at 79,000 miles drove it till just over 80,000 miles when we figured out it was the transmission. BTW (80,000 miles it when the warranty expires on it.) Now at 82,000 we take it in to the Ford dealership we purchased it from and they "never heard of this problem" yet Ford has a Class-action lawsuit on them for this problem. I have always been a Ford person, I now I have No trust in the name or the people that work for them.
All that could store my trust in them is that they do the right thing and replace all the transmissions that are affected, and the other problems with the car.
Over all the car was a nice ride, luxury car for Ford, but since I only got 80,000 miles out of and purchase price of $30,000 dollars I give it a low review.