2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Sort Reviews by

2007 Ford 500
By rhowar1

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We got our 2007 Ford 500 3 yrs ago. The tranny went out 1000 miles from home. The seat heaters quit working, the rubber moulding is coming off, the engine control module is out, the battery won't hold a charge, the transmission pan needed replaced, the reverse sensors are out and the trunk won't open most of the time. Fremont Motors in Riverton, Wyoming sure saw me coming. They knew the car was a heap, but they spit and polished it until I got it off the lot. I wish I still had my 1967 Galaxy. It was a much better car. Why can't Ford make them like that anymore?

Favorite Features

None

190,000
By bergie44

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2007 Five-Hundred SEL, with 190,000 miles on it. It runs great, and did not have any major problems. Did normal tune-up, replaced brake pads about every 50,000 miles. Replaces Uni-Royals about every 70,000 miles. Great, great car.

Favorite Features

Like the ride and comfort. Great gas millage, reliability superb.

Big Comfort, Snow Machine
By moose72690

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Overall this is a great car! I bought mine with 104,000 miles on it for $7,500 bucks! Its AWD and Limited. I live in Vermont up in the mountains so the AWD has been put to the test and it works great! Even without snow tires I can plow through the snow... The Limited "creature comforts" are great and all still working without issue. I average 22.8MPG which I think is prettty good considering I drive daily on mountain roads and its AWD.

Favorite Features

Large size, AWD, Decent MPG, Lots of saftey features, relaible.

Suggested Improvements

A little more power would be nice, however its not a big issue as it will still travel down the hwy at 70mph with no issue.

Big Blue
By richy07

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased mine with 20K miles, big blue now has 110K. I've replaced the battery, frt brakes, rear brakes twice, rear rotors and tires. I previously drove a 2 dr buick regal that I LOVED for 14yrs. I never liked 4dr vehicles but the regal & monte carlo were out of circulation, I was forced into one. It was hard to get used to it, (didn't 'go' like the regal!), hydroplaning but the new tires stopped that. It's been 6 yrs and this has been an extremely comfortable, dependable, efficient vehicle I have grown to appreciate. I wouldn't say it's "fun to drive". The only maintenance I do is oil change/tire rotation every 5000-6000 miles, waste of money before 5k. I get 25-27 mpg.

Favorite Features

I love the combination door entry and the moonroof. The fold down seats are awesome, along with the large trunk I can transport large items like a recliner, 8ft folding tables, even a dresser. The dual a/c control is great. The car is really roomy and comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Cloth seats, key entry for trunk, I've yet to find the "mp3" port, better grade carpet, side molding to protect exterior from car dings, more power.

LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
By rainibow

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car with 100,000 miles on it. I have since only replaced the rear brakes and it is due for new spark plugs and wires, but nothing major. The only complaint I have is that my traction control light comes on randomly and I can not figure out what is wrong. That is a bummer, but nothing too bad. I drive 100 miles a day for work and this car makes it tolerable. It is very comfortable and reliable. It doesn't get the best mpg, but the comfort makes up for that. I have 2 teenagers and they say they have tons of room in the back. It is now at 130,000 miles and I am hoping it will survive a few more years!!! I would recommend this car!!

Favorite Features

Comfort, comfort, comfort!!!

Love the Car!
By bayliner2255

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car 3 years ago with 40k miles and now have 82k miles and I want another one! With mix driving i get 28.6mpg and thats with my own math! It gets up moves when i want it too and i love the sound of the v6 in it! Very comfortable car to take on road trips! I love the exterior styling of the car! Everytime i look at the car I fall back in love! I do think they could have done a little more on the dash to make it more stylish but i still think the dash is very nice and user friendly! I do recommend this car to anyone and everyone. Good on fuel, stylish, and fun to drive!

Favorite Features

The exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

I wish they would have offered a v8 or something more in it!

WAY UNDER RATED
By scotsman5

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My 2007 I bought new. The only thing that we replaced is a altenator and battery once and the normal brakes, tires, filters, tuneups. This car still drives and rides like the day we bought it. The car has 182,488k miles. I'd buy a new one but ford no longer builds them. Ready to buy another with 37k miles. Love these cars.

NEVER BUY THIS CAR!!!
By cjculster

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought mine used with only 100,000 on it and before 3 months had passed, the transmission computer was fried and I was getting an average of 15.5 mpg. Also the tires wear out really fast, the ones that came with the car had about 10,000 miles on them and one blew out in the first 5,000 miles I drove it, this may have been a lemon tire though so I don't know if it's actually the car or not. The brakes clog up and don't work on gravel and/or snow.

Favorite Features

Drives smoothly and has nice comfort features. When the transmission decides it wants to work correctly, it drives like a mock sports car. Also very large interior is useful for hauling lots of stuff.

Suggested Improvements

They should make the computer higher quality. They could definitely improve the gas mileage and the brakes could be improved so they don't clog up on gravel or snow.

Its a great car!
By gibson63

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2007 SEL that I love! It is so comfortable for myself who is 6'2", I really like the stadium style seating, to sit higher is so much more like sitting in a chair. The back leg room is amazing and so is the trunk space, then to have the back seats drop down even more space. It is very deceiving from the outside, it does not look that roomy until you get inside. I like the style of the car, I do not get the "boring" label given to it. The issue of power, I have not felt it be a problem, I drive in the Bay area and if I can make it there anyone else should be able to. I did have the brakes replaced by Ford during an oil change they suggested it and was covered by them at 24K.

Favorite Features

Great amount of room in the cabin and trunk. Lots of cup holders and storage on doors. Great driver visability. A real value to buy a used one with lots of options and get a well built car at a lot less than new cars out there, I have seen some with less than 30k with all the options for $10 to $15 thousand. Nice color choices.

Lacks kick
By gonskeen

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Got the car new in October, 2006 as a Company Car. Upgraded to the limited & got the leather, full power, upgraded radio, heated seats etc. Very roomy car & comfortable on long trips. Handles fine in the snow. I put snow tires on it in the winter. Overall very reliable. The engine has always been on the loud side & lacks spunk. The alternator has gone out 2x, currently on its 3rd. The heated seats have also malfunctioned 2x. Biggest issue is the A/C. It stopped giving cold air at low speeds & idle last year. Brought it to a local dealer 3x. They replaced the condensor & to this date, still doesnt work right.

Favorite Features

Good Radio. Heated Seats. Trunk Space.