Used 2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

190,000
By bergie44

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2007 Five-Hundred SEL, with 190,000 miles on it. It runs great, and did not have any major problems. Did normal tune-up, replaced brake pads about every 50,000 miles. Replaces Uni-Royals about every 70,000 miles. Great, great car.

Favorite Features

Like the ride and comfort. Great gas millage, reliability superb.

Big Blue
By richy07

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased mine with 20K miles, big blue now has 110K. I've replaced the battery, frt brakes, rear brakes twice, rear rotors and tires. I previously drove a 2 dr buick regal that I LOVED for 14yrs. I never liked 4dr vehicles but the regal & monte carlo were out of circulation, I was forced into one. It was hard to get used to it, (didn't 'go' like the regal!), hydroplaning but the new tires stopped that. It's been 6 yrs and this has been an extremely comfortable, dependable, efficient vehicle I have grown to appreciate. I wouldn't say it's "fun to drive". The only maintenance I do is oil change/tire rotation every 5000-6000 miles, waste of money before 5k. I get 25-27 mpg.

Favorite Features

I love the combination door entry and the moonroof. The fold down seats are awesome, along with the large trunk I can transport large items like a recliner, 8ft folding tables, even a dresser. The dual a/c control is great. The car is really roomy and comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Cloth seats, key entry for trunk, I've yet to find the "mp3" port, better grade carpet, side molding to protect exterior from car dings, more power.

LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
By rainibow

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car with 100,000 miles on it. I have since only replaced the rear brakes and it is due for new spark plugs and wires, but nothing major. The only complaint I have is that my traction control light comes on randomly and I can not figure out what is wrong. That is a bummer, but nothing too bad. I drive 100 miles a day for work and this car makes it tolerable. It is very comfortable and reliable. It doesn't get the best mpg, but the comfort makes up for that. I have 2 teenagers and they say they have tons of room in the back. It is now at 130,000 miles and I am hoping it will survive a few more years!!! I would recommend this car!!

Favorite Features

Comfort, comfort, comfort!!!

Love the Car!
By bayliner2255

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car 3 years ago with 40k miles and now have 82k miles and I want another one! With mix driving i get 28.6mpg and thats with my own math! It gets up moves when i want it too and i love the sound of the v6 in it! Very comfortable car to take on road trips! I love the exterior styling of the car! Everytime i look at the car I fall back in love! I do think they could have done a little more on the dash to make it more stylish but i still think the dash is very nice and user friendly! I do recommend this car to anyone and everyone. Good on fuel, stylish, and fun to drive!

Favorite Features

The exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

I wish they would have offered a v8 or something more in it!

WAY UNDER RATED
By scotsman5

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My 2007 I bought new. The only thing that we replaced is a altenator and battery once and the normal brakes, tires, filters, tuneups. This car still drives and rides like the day we bought it. The car has 182,488k miles. I'd buy a new one but ford no longer builds them. Ready to buy another with 37k miles. Love these cars.