Used 2007 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Five Hundred - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Excellent car overall, but repairs are frequent
By International Emergency Vehicle Repsonses

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I like my Ford Five- Hundred SEL 3.0L V6. Overall, excellent car. The main problem i'm having right now is ride comfort, transmission being to lurky, and repairs. It is not as reliable as my 2007 Toyota Highlander Sport 3.3L V6 3R, but the dealer support is a lot better. I take my car to quick- lane, and they are super nice people, love the vending machines in the waiting room and I like the fact that they are honest- they focus more on quality repairs than making a profit, which is very impressive. It has had a lot of drivetrain problems: Many engine leaks and problems, some transmission problems and the occasional brake problems, but too be fair, I should take better care of it, getting the oil changed more, etc. I like the interior, nice cloth seats and the legroom is amazing. I love how the center console is level with the seats, because everytime I drive it, my dog sits on the armrest/ center console and he loves it there, you know he feels safe and he's next to me, so we both love it. Handling in snow is great, considering it is Front Wheel Drive, way way better snow handling than my Toyota Highlander. Transmission lurches everytime I change gears, which is annoying and the car is too low to the ground, so much so that when driving over a speed bump, one can hear the "pleasant" sound of the undercarriage scraping the bump, and backing out of driveways, you hear the famous scrape sound that my car is notorious for. I could take better care of it though, and I'm a Ford fan till the end. It's not my preferred style of vehicle, I'd like an SUV or pickup, but it's a great car overall. I bought it new in 2008 for $7500 after it was my work car

Don't waste your hard earned money
By Michelle Younger

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Ford made a bad car and knew about it when they put this out on the market. Ford has a class-action lawsuit against them right now for the transmission going out before 80,000 miles, also can go out while driving it. This car was bought new off the lot in 2007,and has been in the family and taken good care of, the transmission started a "helicopter" noise at 79,000 miles drove it till just over 80,000 miles when we figured out it was the transmission. BTW (80,000 miles it when the warranty expires on it.) Now at 82,000 we take it in to the Ford dealership we purchased it from and they "never heard of this problem" yet Ford has a Class-action lawsuit on them for this problem. I have always been a Ford person, I now I have No trust in the name or the people that work for them. All that could store my trust in them is that they do the right thing and replace all the transmissions that are affected, and the other problems with the car. Over all the car was a nice ride, luxury car for Ford, but since I only got 80,000 miles out of and purchase price of $30,000 dollars I give it a low review.

five hundred,yeah
By marjan ackov

2007 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

i got this one new 2007.by far the best car i ever had.i had bmw,mercedes,audi and many others but with this one did not have single issue.all services done in ford dealership,normal stuff, oil and filter.have 149000 miles on the car,i replice tires and the battery ones and thats it.still drives strong,interior is great,paint like new,not a single squik,overall very vell build.hard to find these for sale,people are not selling them because is good car.would buy new taurus.

2007 Ford 500
By rhowar1

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We got our 2007 Ford 500 3 yrs ago. The tranny went out 1000 miles from home. The seat heaters quit working, the rubber moulding is coming off, the engine control module is out, the battery won't hold a charge, the transmission pan needed replaced, the reverse sensors are out and the trunk won't open most of the time. Fremont Motors in Riverton, Wyoming sure saw me coming. They knew the car was a heap, but they spit and polished it until I got it off the lot. I wish I still had my 1967 Galaxy. It was a much better car. Why can't Ford make them like that anymore?

None

190,000
By bergie44

2007 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2007 Five-Hundred SEL, with 190,000 miles on it. It runs great, and did not have any major problems. Did normal tune-up, replaced brake pads about every 50,000 miles. Replaces Uni-Royals about every 70,000 miles. Great, great car.

Like the ride and comfort. Great gas millage, reliability superb.

• SUV