2006 Ford Five Hundred 3.0L V6 CVT Automatic Consumer Review - 2006 Ford 500 SE CVT

2006 Ford Five Hundred - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (3.0L V6 CVT Automatic)

2006 Ford 500 SE CVT Tranny
By mts35 on

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Just a quick review due to character space. The car has been very reliable. No transmission issues (CVT does not shift like the 6 speed. I feel others who voice transmission problems actually have the 6 speed as you do not notice gear shifting in a CVT, it is constant and smooth). Bought with 62k miles and presently I have 128k miles and only work needed was a brake change. Now to capture reasons on car rating. Performance: slow and mild engine. 203hp is a little weak for this size car. Comfort, design, quality I put 4 as they are nice. Reliability excellent as I've had no issues. Value poor. Typical of american cars with high mileage.

Favorite Features

CVT Transmission. It took some getting used to at first as I've always driven sports cars or sport sedans and loved the shifting of gears. With the CVT transmission however there are no shifting of gears. Just a constant yet smooth acceleration without shifting. Reliability. I bought the car with 62k miles and presently have over 128k miles. Only work needed so far was my brakes. Just typical maintenance. If you take care of this car it will take care of you and last for a long time. I also like the space. Perfect for family trips (huge trunk) and I'm 6'8" and fits me very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

I think they have covered as many improvements as they could when they redesigned it back into the Ford Taurus. My only complaint is the handling (handles like a boat) and engine performance. 203hp is a little sluggish for this size vehicle. 250hp would have been a little better and competitive to the market.