2006 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Review: From Explorer to 500 in under

2006 Ford Five Hundred - Consumer Review

SEL Sedan (3.0L V6 6-speed Automatic)

From Explorer to 500 in under 2.8 second
By fivehundredpa on

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, I am very impressed with the car. I've only had it for over a month but so far it feels solid. After spending an entire year searching for a car to trade into from and SUV, this one had the best consumer reviews. You'd be amazed how many cars have horrible transmission problems. Got a 4 year bumper to bumper to help with Ford's here and there reliability. The car feels nice on the road, handles snow decently. The stock tires I would throw into the sun if I could. Punch it and she'll take off or just baby it and she'll tug along. As for some folks complaint about power, it's adequate and if you want pure performance then should have looked at a car with those specs.

I like the dual a/c control temps, the 6 in dash changer, chrome trimming out and wood trim inside,keyless entry, stock fog lamps, stock alarm (if you owners didn't know, my wife opened the door after I'd locked it, habit, and the thing went nuts. She was inside). I also enjoy the fold flat p/seat.

You could squeeze a little more torque out of it. Also, maybe a dual exhaust set up like the Fusion. However, this car is no longer made as a 500 but now is reborn as the beautiful beast called the Taurus. After paying this one off I might get me one of those later on in life.