Best Sedan For The $$
By rockinroller on
2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)
Bought my 06 SEL FWD used for $5000 recently and can tell you it's the absolute BEST BUY I've ever made for a used vehicle. I had the 07 Limited AWD for a couple of years (also used) and in retrospect probably should not have sold it. It was great in the (Michigan) winters, got super mileage for a big car (26+ highway), seated 5 adults comfortably and the only issue I had was with the rear brakes wearing out after only 15K miles. This recent 2006 purchase reminds me of the great qualities that Ford built into these vehicles and had they been "faster" and perhaps a bit cheaper (than the $30K price tag for the Limited AWD), they'd probably still be around.
Favorite Features
The best thing about these Five Hundreds is their utility--interior space, yet not a bulky vehicle to park and drive. They have a European feel of quality--both in and out. The driver's seat (in the SEL and Limited) has so many adjustments that you can't miss finding a location that's right for you. Vision is superb from in-to-out.
Suggested Improvements
Too late now as these are out of production, BUT if Ford had these on the burner for the next model year I'd advise them to increase the power of the engine, LOSE that CVT trans and put 18" wheels and tires on all models of this vehicle.
By jed64
on 06/05/12 19:04 PM (PDT)

I have the 2006 AWD SEL and love the car. Ford still makes this car. They gave it a minor face lift in 2008 and brought back the Taurus badge.