Used 2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
The Best Sedan We Ever Bought!
By Brian on 09/30/06 18:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Well, here we are, 10K miles later and we keep marveling at how much we love this great automobile. The fuel mileage is on target, no squeaks or rattles, comfortable as all getup and it goes like stink when needed. The ONLY reason it was returned to the dealer was to reprogram the dealer installed remote starter that includes all the bells and whistles that somehow got a glitch. It has been absolutely trouble free, other than that! This is by far The Best Car we have ever owned, and we trade every 3-4 years. This makes this the 15th personal car we have owned, not counting 10 company vehicles that we have had in a fleet. I have to give Ford a "Dattaboy!" with the 500.

Extremely pleased and surprised
By JER on 09/22/06 04:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Even though the majority of the reviews were positive for the Ford 500 I hesitated to purchase it because of some of the negative comments I had read. Boy was I pleasantly surprised! I put on a lot of mileage averaging 800 to 900 miles per week. I took my new 500 Limited with the CVT transmission on a trip from the Eastern Shore of Maryland to Atlanta Ga. to Nashville Tenn. through Stanton Va. and back to the Eastern Shore (1975 miles). Gas mileage was between 26 to 27.5 MPH. Ride was like sitting in your easy chair. The stereo system was excellent, and the car had plenty of power for traveling highways with speed limits up to 75 MPH. It is a good looking car. I would highly recommend it.

Bad Brakes - Ford Won't Fix Rear Pads
By jim on 09/20/06 17:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We drove our new Ford 500 home; after driving 400 miles the brakes were pulsing and making a loud grinding noise. We took it in to the dealer and it needed new rotors and pads. Now we can't go 1000 miles before our wheels are totally black with brake dust in the rear only. I am told that Ford is going to develop new pads this quarter to fix the problem. This is a nice car but we have had all these brake problems and we canít get an answer if our car is even safe to drive. 400 miles for a set of rotors and is not normal and I don't think it's too safe either.

enjoying the road again
By a.a. on 09/17/06 23:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I was attracted to the 500 by it's semi-luxury euro exterior which appears deceptively mid-size but open the doors and trunk lid...WOW! After purchasing, I read about its low horsepower being it's weak point. City driving does have a 'full-size' feel but on the highway this puppy gets up and I've never felt it strain, so I attribute both inclinations to its CVT...either way, I enjoy driving again.

Love It
By toledo diver on 09/16/06 09:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Lots of room and comfort, surprising how well it handles. Classy with a touch of sport.

Move back to ford
By joe b on 09/14/06 15:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Was surprised by smooth ride, good size and mileage. Got a good price and low APR.

2006 Ford Five Hundred AWD
By VtHockeyDad on 09/02/06 17:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I am very impressed with the Ford Five Hundred. I am in sales and drive approximately 35,000 miles per year. I was first impressed that this car was basically a Volvo S80 for a little over half the price. Safety is very important since my kids will often ride with me. I average about 25 MPG, mostly highway. I love the transmission which is unconventional since it never shifts. It is a bit slow off the line, but once the speed reaches 20 mph, it has plenty of power. My only complaint is road noise. There should more insulation. The car handles very well with the AWD even at higher speeds. I highly recommend it for the money and mileage.

2006 Ford 500
By John Ingraham on 08/11/06 11:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is an excellent all-round automobile. The ride is smooth and the CVT transmission is seamless at all speeds and and rpms. There is plenty of power in the 6 cylinder engine and the handling is excellent with the 4WD. The interior is well designed and very comfortable. My wife loves the large windows and wonderful view from the passenger side of the front seat. The leg room in the back seat is great. And the trunk is huge.

500
By 500 on 08/03/06 17:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Very pleased with performance on long and short distance driving. Most comfortable with plenty of room for passengers and luggage, etc.

Good Car For The Money
By S. Francis on 08/03/06 13:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great seating for visibility. Comfortable and handles well, with great fuel economy. Little noisy when engine is pressured. We love the car.