Used 2006 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Five-hundred - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Goodbye Ford
By Jeevis

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought new...start of a nightmare! Motor has been ticking since 500 miles. Ford retorqued and adjusted arojund the camshaft twice-no improvement! Dealer is stumped! Constant brake problems (car has only 20000 miles now). Steering stops have to constantly be "re-set and re-greased" because of noises when steering. AC would not turn off at one point-fixed now. AC doors were striking something and made knocking noises whenever AC was turned on/off-now fixed. Still some odd sounds under dash (like water running) and A/C panel-again Ford is stumped! Dealer blames Ford; Ford blames dealer. This loyal customer will take his loyalty to Toyota/Honda-never to return to Ford again!

Favorite Features

Roomy interior, dashboard, beautifully designed exterior, excellent sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to be more helpful to customers they've sold a lemon to. Many noises in this car that are not right. Need to fix this car's brake system. Mud flaps too low and often strike ground when going over speed bumps. Constant engine tick. Power steering knocks. Crudely made!

Best Yet
By Ed Wood

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I am a life long Crown Vic owner. I rented a 500 for a trip up the west coast. I was hooked and bought one the next week. I drive this car over 1000 miles a week and I have had no issues with it. I feel very safe when driving. I like the visibility and high seating (6'3") - As a replacement for all you Crown Vic owners - Give it a test drive. I'm glad I did.

Favorite Features

Super large trunk. Easy to get into and out of the car. Good mileage for a V-6. Easy to drive and park in the city.

Suggested Improvements

Better brakes. Hybrid (hint hint)

Tremendous Value and Comfort
By RalphEllis

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This car is comfortable, handles well, and is a tremendous winter car in Canada. It is bascially a Volvo S80 in disguise. Where else can you get huge interior space, a technologically advanced drive train, AWD and a CVT for this price. The only knock on the car is rapid depreciation. Since I own my cars for a long time, this is not an issue for me. I love it and would buy it again.

Favorite Features

AWD - CVT transmission - interior comfort - strong gas mileage - well designed seats help with my back issues

Suggested Improvements

I have some noise from the climate control system which is probably a design issue. Stability control would have been nice.

Happily surprised
By Bill

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I use this car for work and am very satisfied with the mileage. Have owned Crown Vics and Marquis and this car gives me the same large sedan feel with double the mpg. Have had some issues with body rust on the doors & trunk lid. Otc brake pads last longer than original & have had to replace the front rotors recently.

Favorite Features

Great visibility and the roomy interior.

Suggested Improvements

Better body construction quality.

Very disappointed
By JAKE

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Ford 500 limited because I liked the roomy interior and gas mileage. The safety features were a plus also. I have always bought Ford trucks and am a loyal customer. This was my 1st Ford car. I have had so many problems with this car I will never by a Ford again. The car has been in the shop 18 times. The dash bubbled the brakes the strut bushings the air cond. The rear bumper cover rust under the hood too many to list all. Strange noises that Ford can't fix or explain. I even tried sueing Ford under lemon law but Texas lemon law states too many miles on the car between repair intervals disqaulify my case. I'm still having problems but can't trade because of to much neg. Equity $8,000

Favorite Features

I like the room and safety features. Good gas mileage 22to29

Suggested Improvements

Needs more power. Qaulity reliablity trade in value is terrible. Ford will not stand behind product. It doesn't matter I will never buy a Ford again. This car was my 7th new Ford. I was treated so badly by Ford on this car. Never again