Used 2006 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Five Hundred - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Buy a newer Taurus
By Dondi

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle with 19k miles on the odometer and remaining factory warranty. For a small V-6 (3.0) it performed very well. The 6 speed auto always had a gear appropriate for the traffic needs. At 53000 miles the rear rotors went metal to metal. Found that many owners go through rear pads every 20k miles. Ford has offered a pad with slightly different material that lasts as long as 30k miles. I did the repair myself and found that it had already been done before. My wife and I are very conservative drivers so the "premature" brake wear was a real concern. At 53k miles after the brake issue, we found a large oil leak coming from the rear main seal area. Traded to a Chevrolet Impala

Interior space like a limo!! Massive trunk capacity. Decent fuel economy for a 4000lb auto with a 3.0 liter V-6.

Most of my concerns have been addressed with the changes made in 2008 when the vehicle became the "New Taurus".

Lousy brakes
By Capt. Bill

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned a series of Tauruses and decided to go with the 500 since they were phasing out the Taurus. This car is very comfortable and reliable. It is actually quite luxurious and is the nicest vehicle I have ever owned in 40 years. It gets up to 27.5 mpg on a trip and 23-24 around town. I wish it had more power and a stiffer suspension. The brakes work fine but have been noisy and and vibrate ever since I owned the car. Stereo is great. Need a better trunk light and there is no light in the glove box. It will haul a mountain of luggage or put the seat down and haul other oddball items.

Gas mileage, comfort, looks

Brakes, Brakes, Brakes More Power Stiffer suspension

Best Car I have Ever Owned
By Ina

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My family has owned 5 Ford cars over the years. The 500 was by far the best car. Never recalled for any reason, always reliable, fun, comfortable. I would trade the Fusion I have now for a 500 in a heartbeat!!!

Roominess, multitude of interior features including storage and gigantic trunk.

I would not change a thing!

Great Value & Great Vehicle
By DStewart

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is my first Ford product. My wife bought the 2006 Freestyle. We were impressed with her vehicle. So I traded my 2003 Nissan Altima SL for a 2006 Ford 500 Limted AWD with 5K miles on it. I got a great price for all the features and low mileage, with 5 year warranty too. I wanted more back seat room for out two growing children. So far, the car has been fault free on every level and very satisfying for the cost. The Limited features are wonderful. It is a perfect all purpose vehicle with excellent saftey features, visability and since of control when driving. I highly recommend this vehicle and tip my hat to Ford.

The roominess, comfort, a great sound system, IPOD compatiable, DVD system, navigation, storage space and fuel economy is impressive. The AWD system is awesome in rain or snow. It is a perfect all purpose vehicle with excellent saftey features, visability and sense of control when driving.

Better braking system with ceramic pads. Current pads create huge brake dusk and wears quickly.

Ford forever
By evelyn

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my vehicle brand new in 2006. She has (I call her a she) 22 inch tires and very shiny rims, tinted windows, charcoal grey. She gets plenty of compliments and plenty of heads that turn. I have not had any problems with my Ford Five hundred. She is very reliable, large interior, and great on gas. I feel honored to have purchased this vehicle in 2006 since 2007 was the last year they were made and changed to the name Taurus.