2006 Ford Five Hundred - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
mpg over rated in 500
By Jim on 01/20/07 06:42 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought a 2006 500 Limited. My shock was that it averages 5 mpg less than the sticker. Instead of getting 29 highway I am getting 24.5 mpg and I am only getting 18 in city. This is based upon the onboard computer. Each of my former vehicles my mpg matched the highway mileage for performance. Same roads - what a disappointment! Radio is cheap, too.

A good car
By ALECAT on 01/17/07 12:18 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Best car I have ever owned, have not had it back to dealership for any reason except oil changes. I have two identical ones, except for exterior color, and both of them have performed flawlessly. As for power it is not a sports car but it is fast enough. The CVT was a bit hard to get used to as for no shift points. The mileage I get from mine is around 30 mpg at 70 mph. A/C on, and two people in the car. I would buy another of these cars any day.

Ford 500
By Jerry Paison on 01/08/07 12:50 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This car is the best "comfort" car I ever owned. The engine/CVT are smooth and quite. The interior seats are comfortable, and interior space is huge. The truck will carry a lot of luggage, golf clubs, etc.

Great Automobile
By jimbo on 12/22/06 08:26 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

First car I bought other than a Taurus for over 20 years and am very pleased. Great riding, extremely comfortable and spacious with room in the back.

A Solid Car for the Right Price
By Mark on 12/14/06 16:55 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

After 6,000 miles I am very satisfied with my Ford Five Hundred. I have a fully loaded AWD Limited. The amount of options and features available for the price is an excellent value. I purchased this vehicle when gas prices were at their peak in hopes to achieve better MPG than my F-150. I am very satisfied with the MPG I am getting (about 19/20 city). I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who is in the market for a sedan. I have an issue with the electronics in the instrument panel and interior lighting that causes the lights to dim and flicker periodically. I am not sure if this is a widespread problem or if I have a faulty component.

comfortable to drive
By comfort on 12/04/06 09:13 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I drive about 2500 miles per month and I have had occasion to be in the car as long as 11 hours with just short stops. By far this is one of the most comfortable cars I have ever driven. Love the pep on the highway, cruise is constant and does not drift. Best car Ford has ever put on the road!

I love this car
By brian on 12/03/06 06:54 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have own this car for 7 months and I love it. The excellent mileage and the comfort of the seating speaks volumes for the Ford engineers. All of the new amenities show Ford is committed to providing cars American can be proud of.

Solid Performer for the Price
By 6-Month Review on 10/31/06 17:42 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I really think the engine is more than large enough. The 'strain' that I hear other talking about seem to be engine noise, which is significant even when simply taking-off from a stop at moderate acceleration.

this is my fantastic voyage
By S.J. Carey on 10/29/06 04:33 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My wife went from Independence Missouri to Saint Louis Missouri and had a 1/4 tank left.That is a 8 hour drive. Because it does not come with side airbags we thought it would be unsafe and were looking at a 2007 Honda Accord.The 2007 Accord gets 4 stars crash test rating with side steel beams and airbags. My 2006 Ford 500 with NO airbags gets 5 stars. Consumers Reports has it as a recommended buy and me and my family agrees. If you want a sedan that is comfortable with an incredible amount of trunk space that gets good gas mileage this is the car for you.

Pleasantly surprised
By Cathy on 10/02/06 08:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My 99 Chrysler 300M was totaled in April and I was looking for a SAFE, reliable and comfortable replacement car. We looked at the 300s, Acura TL (nice$$) Toyota Avalon (nice$$) Lincoln Zephyr (nice$$). I am not used to car payments and really didn't want to pay the $$$ that these cars would have cost me. There are few frills, but plenty of room, pep and great fuel economy. Small car handling, large car room...great performance on daily expressway driving. The price was great and I am very happy with this car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.