2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:
By gary maddox on 04/05/07 17:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The car isn't designed for tall people to drive. Can't tilt the steering wheel to see fuel, temp. gauges. Not good tilt system. Not enough leg room. When seat is all the way back arms are extended so far you're tired when you drive very long. The car wanders. Trunk is too heavy, hard to open. Hood has prop. Trunk light isn't located good and times off to soon.

If The Car Fits, Wear It
By Slider7 on 04/04/07 18:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased mine last July. I have just over 9,000 miles now and it has never been back to any dealership. Two synthetic oil changes and one air filter. Most comfortable and reliable. The only reasons I'd buy new!

2006 SEL
By Bob Egmond on 03/30/07 09:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Ford Five Hundred for about one year now and have had zero problems. The interior is very spacious and also very comfortable a a long trip.

Family Car
By Engineer on 03/16/07 18:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The Limited is comfortable and economical. I am not one for all the hype about more power. There is enough power for sensible driving in my situation. On two long trips, 2900 miles for 2 persons and 850 miles for 4 persons through Texas and the central Mid West, the transmission did downshift when using cruise on the rolling hills. The first time it downshifted two gears at 80 mph (2200 rpm to almost 4000 rpm) surprised me. We were all comfortable during these trips. We bought this car to get away from using a large SUV as our primary car. With the rolling hills and a heavy load with air on we get about 26 mpg on the highway, on level ground and normal load it is near the 29 mark.

Lots of room, but electrical problems
By ebutterfly on 03/05/07 06:59 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This car has lots of room and great to have with 2 kids. The problems that we have had though is that they have already had to replace the radio. It would just go out and have no sound with it. Now we are having problems with the windows not working. I don't know if we just got a lemon or if this is a manufacturing problem. If the windows are working, I love this car.

Best Ford Ever
By lee warren on 02/17/07 23:09 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought the Limited. This is truly a great car. Fuel economy is impressive, especially on the highway. Getting over 30mpg. I love the CVT transmission and build quality. A lot of car for the money.

Nice vehicle
By WisconsinGal on 02/14/07 10:26 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the SEL in March of 2006. Have yet to see 29 miles to the gallon. 24 at best. Vehicle has some type of wheel problem. they've replaced links and flushed steering column (no idea why). However, the problem with the wheel - persistent steering wheel shakes and the noise is so loud I have to turn my radio up just to hear it. Not the car I bought back in March. Computer odometer seems to be off will have them look at that as well.

Love the 500
By WFoley on 02/10/07 11:56 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

As a previous Passat owner, I love the look of the Euro cars. However, as a family man I needed more room. The 500 delivers! I have been very pleasantly surprised, it is a great looking car, very comfy, very roomy, easy and intuitive controls. Highly recommend.

Our Ford
By Scotty on 01/28/07 13:25 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought to replace a '97 Buick Regal GS. Not near the HP of the supercharged Buick, but enough for our needs. Interior is great, more than enough room. Seats are comfortable on long trips, tall seating position is great, better than the Buick. Car does not stand out on exterior styling, certainly not a Chrysler 300. Our daughter says it is a car we can grow old with. She says it is a geezer car (she drives a Mustang). CVT was a little odd at first, but we got used to it. AWD drive is great on nasty roads. When it is bad we can actually take the direct route home up a hill without going out of the way for a flatter path.

mpg over rated in 500
By Jim on 01/20/07 06:42 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought a 2006 500 Limited. My shock was that it averages 5 mpg less than the sticker. Instead of getting 29 highway I am getting 24.5 mpg and I am only getting 18 in city. This is based upon the onboard computer. Each of my former vehicles my mpg matched the highway mileage for performance. Same roads - what a disappointment! Radio is cheap, too.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.