Used 2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews - 174 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

My European sport sedan
By DMS

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Oh man when I first saw the car I said what's a 500? A friend had to tell me about the old name plate and I remembered so when I traded in my 97 Olds Aurora I was so impressed with the 500 with the look and how it handled, cause I only care about performance and how a car handles and the look was Awesome,while most of my buddies bought 'European Cars' I bout a FORD FIVE HUNDRED AWD LIMITED,they were impressed also. haven't had any problems and I bought it used with 41,000 I just put brakes on and new tires on it.I just want it to be more sporty but the car is the best 'SPORT SEDAN''American I have had. My motto is "drive now, drive forever, drive Ford. Thanks Ford this is my first one.

My favorite features are the fog lights I have to have them in all my cars. the Leather seats love em, the Sunroof is off the chain, the way the wheels look it cleans up beautiful and I park it away from everyone. CVT my best friend loves and I do to, can't get stuck in the snow ever.

really nothing .I have found some aftermarket parts like a lip spoiler and air damn,wished it had duel exhaust and I'm going to make it a "S" model..

Transmission Failure
By Dora Sweigart

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

With 68,000 miles, the transmission went out. The cost to repair was $4,200. Now the air conditioning is going out. I will not buy another Ford product.

A Mechanic's Dream to make more money
By Carl

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a piece of junk, mechanically speaking. 60,000 mile, with 3 brake jobs, 1 alternator, 1 front wheel bearing, 2 idler arm ball joints and Fidelity Extended Insurance won't cover it, considered normal wear. What a crock. I will never purchase another Ford product.

Radio control on steering wheel

Use quality parts. Cannot change idler arm ball joints, you have to replace entire idler arm. A $1100 job plus front end alignment.

Satisfied in NY
By Central NY

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Love this car. I have had it since new and have 92000 miles on it. I have driven this car 11 hours in one day and never get stiff or cramped like other cars I have owned. Gas mileage is great at 24 mpg love the leather and sunroof. The traction control was worth every cent of the upgrade price. Have never had a problem in snow. I will say its a typical ford as far as brakes go, I am on my 3rd set along with 3rd set of tires. But even after 92,000 mile the car is as steady on the road as the day I picked it up from the dealer. Wish they didn't rename it to Taurus I think the car would have done better as a 500.

command seating, trunk space, back seat legroom, leather seats and moon roof

None this car has been trouble free for 4 years.

never had anything like it!
By candice

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My car was bought for me as my birthday present from my husband and I loved it as soon as I saw it! We live in new york and we have seen some really bad snow storms here. My car has been great to me! I've never had a problem with my car and right now it has over 100,000 miles on it. I have the leather interior and it's so easy to clean considering I have 2 kids that ride in the back seat. I take my car to and from pa alot so the fact that it has so much room is great! My husband thinks that any other car feels too confined! We were looking at buying a sport utility but I couldn't bring myself to part with my car. I would suggest anyone buy a 500! You can't beat the car for the price!

leather seats, transmission, all the room in the car, and how nice it cleans up and how sharp it looks!