Used 2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Transmission Failure
By Dora Sweigart

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

With 68,000 miles, the transmission went out. The cost to repair was $4,200. Now the air conditioning is going out. I will not buy another Ford product.

A Mechanic's Dream to make more money
By Carl

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a piece of junk, mechanically speaking. 60,000 mile, with 3 brake jobs, 1 alternator, 1 front wheel bearing, 2 idler arm ball joints and Fidelity Extended Insurance won't cover it, considered normal wear. What a crock. I will never purchase another Ford product.

Radio control on steering wheel

Use quality parts. Cannot change idler arm ball joints, you have to replace entire idler arm. A $1100 job plus front end alignment.

Satisfied in NY
By Central NY

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Love this car. I have had it since new and have 92000 miles on it. I have driven this car 11 hours in one day and never get stiff or cramped like other cars I have owned. Gas mileage is great at 24 mpg love the leather and sunroof. The traction control was worth every cent of the upgrade price. Have never had a problem in snow. I will say its a typical ford as far as brakes go, I am on my 3rd set along with 3rd set of tires. But even after 92,000 mile the car is as steady on the road as the day I picked it up from the dealer. Wish they didn't rename it to Taurus I think the car would have done better as a 500.

command seating, trunk space, back seat legroom, leather seats and moon roof

None this car has been trouble free for 4 years.

never had anything like it!
By candice

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My car was bought for me as my birthday present from my husband and I loved it as soon as I saw it! We live in new york and we have seen some really bad snow storms here. My car has been great to me! I've never had a problem with my car and right now it has over 100,000 miles on it. I have the leather interior and it's so easy to clean considering I have 2 kids that ride in the back seat. I take my car to and from pa alot so the fact that it has so much room is great! My husband thinks that any other car feels too confined! We were looking at buying a sport utility but I couldn't bring myself to part with my car. I would suggest anyone buy a 500! You can't beat the car for the price!

leather seats, transmission, all the room in the car, and how nice it cleans up and how sharp it looks!

From Explorer to 500 in under 2.8 second
By fivehundredpa

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, I am very impressed with the car. I've only had it for over a month but so far it feels solid. After spending an entire year searching for a car to trade into from and SUV, this one had the best consumer reviews. You'd be amazed how many cars have horrible transmission problems. Got a 4 year bumper to bumper to help with Ford's here and there reliability. The car feels nice on the road, handles snow decently. The stock tires I would throw into the sun if I could. Punch it and she'll take off or just baby it and she'll tug along. As for some folks complaint about power, it's adequate and if you want pure performance then should have looked at a car with those specs.

I like the dual a/c control temps, the 6 in dash changer, chrome trimming out and wood trim inside,keyless entry, stock fog lamps, stock alarm (if you owners didn't know, my wife opened the door after I'd locked it, habit, and the thing went nuts. She was inside). I also enjoy the fold flat p/seat.

You could squeeze a little more torque out of it. Also, maybe a dual exhaust set up like the Fusion. However, this car is no longer made as a 500 but now is reborn as the beautiful beast called the Taurus. After paying this one off I might get me one of those later on in life.

• SUV